"Light Choices" meal replacements?

Feathers

Silver Member
When i was in Tesco tonight, i noticed the L/C meal replacements at 59p. I bought the Chocolate flavoured one as that's what i also like when it comes to the S/F shakes :)

I noticed they also do the tubs that you add milk too but i thought i'd take the single serving to try before commiting. It seems so cheap at 59p compared to the S/F ones... does this mean it's not good at all?? lol!

Anyone tried them?

I'm thinking i'll try it out tomorrow for breakfast.

I have tried the Tesco branded ones they weren't light choices though, they were way too sickly sweet and that's coming from someone who likes 3 sugars in her coffee. Cos you say they are Light choices they might have re-branded them and changed them slightly let us know how they taste :)

"Light Choices" seem to be doing more than just the meals that i enjoy (well,lol, most of them) I only noticed the meal replacement shakes tonight.

I love the BIG selection Tesco has of "diet" shakes etc!! More than any other shop i've been in :)

I have tried the Tesco branded ones they weren't light choices though, they were way too sickly sweet and that's coming from someone who likes 3 sugars in her coffee. Cos you say they are Light choices they might have re-branded them and changed them slightly let us know how they taste :)

You are right, they did rebrand them a wee while make. I can't even remember what they were called before then.

Again, let me know how you get on with the shake :)

I found the shakes online last night but when I went into Tesco today they had moved EVERYTHING! I couldn't find the Slim Fast or anything I think they do it so you have to go hunting for what you usually get and then maybe pick up some extra stuff you spot while looking... it worked on me. Have you tried it yet Feathers?

Are they as sweet as the old ones Puggso?

Hi puggso and FattyMcBigbum :)

I know exactly what you mean about shops moving things around,lol!

I had the shake for breakfast and i actually prefer it to SlimFast as it wasn't as sweet! It was very pleasant infact :) let's not forget ALOT cheaper ;)

I think they have stayed the same re: sweetness. It's the sweetness of them I like, especially the chocolate, as I simply couldn't really drink anymore than the carton, therefore feel full because of it.

Glad you liked it feathers!

I have some sort of weird faith in slimfast now.. if I follow it 100% I feel a good feeling! If I had the Tesco version Id worry I wasnt doing it right and lose motivation. Its kinda like a placebo - i believe it'll make me lose weight so it helps me stay with it!

I have some sort of weird faith in slimfast now.. if I follow it 100% I feel a good feeling! If I had the Tesco version Id worry I wasnt doing it right and lose motivation. Its kinda like a placebo - i believe it'll make me lose weight so it helps me stay with it!

I have never used slimfast. The fact it is over double the Tesco price is enough for me to have faith in the Tesco one ;)

Hi everyone

I'm actually going for weight loss surgery, but have put myself on a self imposed diet prior to that surgery. I was just mooching around the various shakes in Tescos and thought I'd try the Light Choices shakes, so I bought one each of the strawberry and chocolate. Now I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to milkshakes, and never normally drink anything except nesquick, but thought that at 59p each, it was worth giving it a go. I expected it to taste really awful but boy was I surprised!

The only thing I found was that I drank them in the afternoons (only had one per day) and by late evening, my belly felt like I'd eaten a four course meal. I actually felt like I'd over eaten, and I'd only had a jacket potato for my evening meal and two slices of toast for breakfast. I always thought that a glass of milkshake 'filling you up' was rubbish, but I hold my hands up to being totally wrong on that one.

The cartons are 330ml and I found them a bit too much. I went back and bought the chocolate tub to make my own up with two scoops in 250ml of milk. I had that at 10am this morning and was suitably 'stuffed' all day until I had my tea at 4pm. I certainly won't be eating anything else today.

It does suggest on the pack that you drink one for breakfast, one for lunch and another as a snack, but I think I'd bust if I tried to cram that many inside me in a day. Am on one a day at the moment, and would like to get to two. I'm very impressed with them. Only seen the two flavours though. Hope they bring out a banana one. I certainly didn't find them either too bland or too sweet, they were just right. Only thing I would say is that you are better off mixing them in a blender. The powder of the choccy one I have seemed to settle on the top of the milk and take ages to mix in with a spoon.

Off to Tesco tonight to get some more.

i have just stocked up for almost 2 weeks worth oc choc and strawberry light choices (tesco) and will start in november. I saw this thread and thought theyre way sheaper than slim fast which i do now and again so heres to seeing if they suit me. If not im going to end up with a lot on my hands. its just that tescos so far from me i had to buy enough. im sure i'll manage them. Im aiming for a maximum of 2 per day with a light meal.
will keep you informed on this thread once i start.
x

i have just stocked up for almost 2 weeks worth oc choc and strawberry light choices (tesco) and will start in november. I saw this thread and thought theyre way sheaper than slim fast which i do now and again so heres to seeing if they suit me. If not im going to end up with a lot on my hands. its just that tescos so far from me i had to buy enough. im sure i'll manage them. Im aiming for a maximum of 2 per day with a light meal.
will keep you informed on this thread once i start.
x

Good luck with it. Let me know when your thread starts and I'll subscribe :)

My personal feeling is the strawberry doesn't make me feel anywhere near as full as the chocolate.

But different strokes and all that :)

see - im ok with the strawberry slim fast so hoping this should be ok. I was just going to continue on this thread pugso as actually with the rising cost of food sounds like a cheap shopping trip if i do take it up after i finish the 2 weeks. catch you all soon and will let you know what i think of the flavours.
sabina x

I found the same thing, strawberry doesn't make me feel anywhere near as full as the chocolate. I could survive on just the chocolate one. Boring, but I love it. That and the banana Slimfast one. Not keen on either of the strawberry ones to be honest.

I do live on the chocolate. No need for the strawberry.

how many shakes do you have a day puggso, and how many calories do you have in the meal? I think i will end up aiming for 2 shakes plus a healthy small-medium size meal. i dont think i will manage to count the calories unless i buy a ready meal. I am currently just watching portion sizes and what i eat and seem to be losing fine but cant wait to start the shakes now as will be interesting to see if they give the weight loss a good kick up the ***. I feel like i have been trying to get my bmi down to normal forever and finally this week i had a loss so im hoping i dont manage to ruin it this week.
Catch you soon
s x

Back