LIGHTERLIFE ADVENTURE BY CAROLYNE42XX

I hope not anyway....but hense the fact I'm throwing myself into the counselling with the hope of coming out of this knowing and liking myself a lot better than I did before. I also need to complete maintenance after so that I establish a new eating pattern....the same as all of us I think.

I love LighterLife, and would stay on food packs forever if I could. :)

I hope not anyway....but hense the fact I'm throwing myself into the counselling with the hope of coming out of this knowing and liking myself a lot better than I did before. I also need to complete maintenance after so that I establish a new eating pattern....the same as all of us I think.

I love LighterLife, and would stay on food packs forever if I could. :)

I think you have hit the right attitude there you know :D

As for doing the food packs forever? Well I have to say that I did feel that way myself for a while. 1900 calories in a pack sounded like a great idea to me :) mind you my attitude has now changed. I feel really proud of the changes in my attitude and although I am worried about gaining weight again, I am really looking forward to putting all the things I have learnt about myself to the test.

I can't wait to eat again so I can set an example to my daughter and so that I can try out what I have learnt. I will fall along the way but I won't be anywhere close to what I was before because I am a different person.

Writing this I worry that I am tempting fate and I know that countless other dieters have said the same as me before they regained the weigh plus more. What makes me think that I will be different is that when I started on LL I had that feeling of certainty that I did on my last and successful attempt to give up smoking 12 years ago and it was such a comfort :)

I have that same warm feeling washing over me now and have had for a while. I won't be trying, I'll be doing. I'll overeat at times but I'll face facts and then adust for it.

The key to all of this is to confront head on my worst fears rather than burying my head in the sand. My worst fears would be overeating and then gaining the weight I have worked so hard to lose. LL has given me the confidence to actually deal with the actual problem in my life is instead of trying block out the problem through food.

My thought records have laid down in black and white that I have been dealing with the problem in the first instance and that this limits limits the damage and prevents the domino effect that would have resulted in my binging at every single stage. I hope I can take this lesson into my maintainance journey and make a special effort to weigh myself after that major pig out rather than leaving it a few days so I can lose a bit first :rolleyes:

The times you don't want to face up to your fears are the times when you most need to do so. Minimins will be more estential to me than ever when I start eating conventional food again. :)

I have that same warm feeling washing over me now and have had for a while. I won't be trying, I'll be doing. I'll overeat at times but I'll face facts and then adust for it.

SNAP!!!!

After lots of failed attempts to stop smoking, the time that I was successful felt 'different'. It's hard to explain exactly how I felt different, but I just did. I somehow or other knew that I'd succeed and wouldn never look back. I felt proud and successful.

Now having read your post I can relate these feelings to how I feel on LighterLife. Having lost close to 4 stone in only 11 weeks I am even more motivated than before as I know I can achieve what I set out to do in the first place.

This attitude and confidence that we have both found is a very positive attitude to have. Tempting fate doesn't come into it, we need to believe in ourselves.......big positive strokes girl!!!! :)

DAY 72 OF LIGHTERLIFE - OMG !!!!

Yep nearly 3/4's way through Programme now. I really can't believe that I have stucked to this 'wierd but yet wonderful diet' for 72 days without (one cheat may I add) now that takes willpower. In my whole life since dieting Ive never succeeded at anything Ive done in the past but yet this is one of the easiest things Ive had to do.

Sorry not been on a while, was very busy at work last week so I didn't post anything nor read anyone's updates.

Monday night WI was interesting, another 5lbs off which is absolutely amazing. The only problem in losing that amount of weight each week is that you come to expect it and when you lose 2lb or 3lbs Im not as excited which I know I should be. According to my records I have now lost 51lbs (3 Stone 9lbs) since starting LL on 26th June 2006.

Monday's meeting was really thought provoking. A couple of members were off when we discussed Thought Records. I know its powerful stuff and sometimes way over my head and I thought I understood them, but obviously not. She took a couple of people's 'Hot Thoughts' and put them onto flipchart and worked from there. From just a few words out came alot of strong stuff which was quite emotional at times for a few people there.

It was hitting home fast that we were all nearing the end of the programme. Some will leave, some will go onto development, some will go onto management which will inevitably split us up which was sad to talk about. The good thing was that the development class that I will probably go into until Ive lost all my weight is on a night that is convenient, but not for a couple of the ladies, it would be nice to at least move across to another group with a few people who have been with me since day one.

A really nice girl in our Group called Jackie brought some of her 'bigger clothes' into the session to hand out because she no longer fits into them. It was really kind of her, especially as I am scraping the barrel to find stuff now to fit me. My wardrobe is absolutely huge, having all sizes stuffed in there. At the weekend, I made a start in trying all my lovely designer jeans. When your big you have to make the effort somehow and alot of my jeans have fancy designs on them, diamante's and they are all stretchy. Well all of the jeans I have namely 6 pairs all were absolutely massive. I couldn't even take them in it I tried. I know your fat comes off from all over but my 'arse' must have been massive as theres a massive gap there now where my skin must have been. It wasn't long ago that I was squeezing myself into them and putting on tall shoes to make myself appear slimmer. A lot of my work blouses now hang off me so much that my shoulder is popping out of the neckline - my boss thinks it is his birthday. Its as though this last half stone Ive lost has made all the difference and quite drastically everybody is noticing now.

Im not very good at accepting compliments and I usually say Oh Ive got loads to go yet or something like that instead of accepting it and saying thank you. I took my youngest daughter Olivia to school yesterday for the first time in six weeks and quite alot of the Mums who hang around the gates took a second glance at me I could see from the corner of my eye which was nice. Another Mum at my daughter's dance class (who I only speak to very occasionally) stood and stared with her mouth practically open which was quite embarrasing and I just walked past and smiled.

Must fly now that's your lot for a couple of days. Hope everybody who reads this is doing well and looking forward to being slim.

I'm delighted for you Carolyne and think it would be nice if someone who is just beginning their lighterlife journey was to read your post as it really is inspirational. You have put down in words the excitement that goes hand in hand with succeeding with the LighterLIfe plan. As you know I started just before you and we have lost roughly the same amount of weight. You never know...we'll be in the magazine before you know it!!!!:eek:

Hi everyone,:)

just wanted to say hello, i started LL today, and i am so pleased that i have found this forum to read for support and help. I am on day one, glass 6 of water lol. Did anyone feel light headed a bit on the first day, it might not be the LL. As my dad has a virus and knowing me i might have the start of it.

Anyway, sorry for going on... Just wanted to say Hello, and well done for a brilliant forum

Gemma x:)

Hi Gem,

You need to take it easy the first week of the diet as you are going through withdrawal from carbs...very tough if you had not cut down in the week before...it is now a bit like cold turkey, or I should say it is:eek:

Drinking water will help and don't try and drink it all in one go, just relax and sip it if you can.

If you do get a headache take your usual pain killer for a headache that you always use.

This helps to break the cycle.

It takes about three to four days to get into ketosis and then you will see a big difference.

Love Mini xxx

Thank you Mini

Many thanks for letting me know that, i am over the moon that i have found this site, as it helps a lot to read the success stories and also how people have coped with the ups and downs of LL.

I am doing ok had my 3 packs so far today was dreadig cooking for rest of the gang but did it ok. Cant wait to get these first few days over.

Once again thank you

Gem xx

Hi Gem / Chicken OAM / Shadow

Just popped into Minimins for 10 minutes and was really glad to read your posts and to also hear you are both doing so well. Hi to Gem also new to the Programme - welcome aboard. If you've been reading the posts, including mine on Discovery Heath Forum you will find that most people suffer 'carb withdrawal'. That is what has been keeping me going for this long because I would hate to come out of ketosis now and go through that. It doesn't last long but that first 3 - 4 days is not very nice and it dragged for me. Since then Ive not really looked back. Before you know it, you will be well into LL and have a fantastic weight loss in return.

Yes I agree "it's happening Chicken and Shadow. We've come through alot together. It really doesn't seem 5 minutes before I was trying to find a Forum and your log in names have stuck with me all the way through. There really isn't a day that I don't go into the Forums to look what everyone else it doing. I may not post each day but I am interested, it really keeps everything in perspective and you don't feel alone do you?

Not long to go girls now, finding that loads of people are commenting on my weight loss now its 3 st 9lbs its as though overnight Ive suddenly shrunk. It maybe something to do with the fact that Ive had to change my work clothes because they were literally hanging off me and ive had to buy a couple of (Medium) good tops for work which cling abit more. My god me in a medium, instead of Extra Large or XXL. Im still very conscious as Im noticing the blokes at work focusing a bit more on my boobs (ooh err missus).

Still got another 3 stone to loose but it really doesn't seem that hard on this diet. Pre- LL I was thinking that my weight loss would be impossible and I am destined to be 17 stone for the rest of my entire life but boy have I been proved wrong. My goal is within easy grasp if I continue as I have been and not make such a big thing of it.

I absolutely love Lighterlife, and I too am scared of coming off the packs onto conventional food but we all know that we will have to one day. I just hope that the things we have learned over this last few months stays with us for the rest of our lives and as they say "nothing tastes nicer than being slim". My only regret is not doing this programme 10 years ago and maybe I could have had some years of wearing a mini skirt. I could have had a better motherhood with my three children instead of hiding myself away and living in black stretchy leggings and huge baggy tshirts but my kids are very supportive now and understand what I am trying to do is for them as well as for me.

On 19th October we are all going on our main family holiday to Sharm el Sheik in Egypt in a 5* All Inclusive Hotel which we are all looking forward to, and the fact that when I arrive i will be able to strip off into a bikini or costume without hiding myself (this year) is something to really look forward to. I'll have to think things through how Im going to do the All Inclusive bit as it is inevitable i will have to eat, 2 weeks is a long time and besides it is part of your holiday sitting down as a family at mealtimes. I'll review my plan possibly a couple of weeks before we go and if I think I will need to take some foodpacks with me, I'll buy some beforehand especially for lunchtimes. I think I will be coming to the end of my development programme around then and just going onto management, which isn't good timing but Im glad it is this way than in the middle of Foundation and being knocked off track.

Keep Focused people and I'll be in touch.

Hiya, I said you were doing brilliantly, the difference in you is amazing.

Have you decided what you are doing about development/management yet? I think I have my plan of action ready and raring to go. rather than commit to a month of development which is what I really think I am going to need, I am going to do it a week at a time, bit by bit, I am going through a bit of an "urgh I can't face food pack for another two months" phase!

I will be at the meeting on Monday night so see you then. The kids aren't really any more settled so it has been a really hard week but this morning I stepped on the scales and there has been another definate drop so am quite pleased. I just need to get through the weekend now.

I am going out for "dinner" with the girls tonight - I know it is going to be a struggle but I am determined my social life isn't going to suffer and I enjoy their company so why not. I definately won't eat because I am going to have a lot of people there keeping their eye on me lol!

Anyway see you Monday.

Hi Flopster

Nice to hear from you and glad you've got through until now with a postive drop on the scales also (you lucky thing).

No I haven't quite sussed out what is best for me. Carole was saying on Monday night that your not supposed to lose weight in management because by then the emphasis should be on controlling your eating and not the foodpacks and abstaining so I think for me, this time for once in my life Im going to stick it out to the bitter end, it really isn't far off. Even though I probably look alot slimmer and Im in size 16 clothes now I still look unsightly under all my clothes and I certainly need to loose my remaining 3 stone (42bs) I guestimate that if I lose on average 3-4lbs per week it will take me 12 weeks which will take me upto beginning of December. I will then consider going into management then which I know is a bad time with Xmas looming and New Year but then it should be a good test for me all at the same time.

Like when we started we just really have to take one day / one week at a time, I really can't say whats round the corner. I know I should be more confident but with my past track record I really don't trust myself.

I spoke with Angela last night, I was worried about her because Ive not seen her for two weeks now. She was still very bubbly and she told me she lost 4lbs she went for WI the next day when Carole was doing a development class. She is now down to 17 stone which is my weight when I started programme. She was thrilled because she cant remember the last time she was at that weight. She has also had to buy 'new knicks' and trousers because everything is falling off her. She had some problem with one of her sons but she says she will be back on Monday so it will be nice to see her again.

Ive been also thinking about a Xmas Party for our Group (what do you think) maybe we could all meet up at the Chorley Travel Inn and then get a mini bus into the town for a nightclub etc. We'll have to see if there are people still on the packs and on management so it might be just 'water' and nightclub. I think it would be a lovely night just for our Group to get together and have a good laugh, because now we can, can't we!! I'll perhaps mention it at Monday's session and get interested names. I don't mind doing the arrangments.

Don't worry about the kids N, they really will sort themselves out. Kids these days are all so stubborn but Im sure they'll come round they love to pass on their problems to you which unfortunately at this time in your life you can't handle very well on top of everything else. At least they are safe, in a good school, nice teachers and you are sat besides a phone if your needed. Teachers are well aware of the issues surrounding new children at the school and they will have their ways round it and getting them involved with the rest of the children. It's far better that way than being worried about your daughter being beat up again and worrying every day isn't it?

You take care N and if you need to talk for 5 minutes to get you out of your crooked way of thinking, just call me.

Carolyne42xx

Yes I agree "it's happening Chicken and Shadow. We've come through alot together. It really doesn't seem 5 minutes before I was trying to find a Forum and your log in names have stuck with me all the way through.

Still got another 3 stone to loose but it really doesn't seem that hard on this diet. Pre- LL I was thinking that my weight loss would be impossible and I am destined to be 17 stone for the rest of my entire life but boy have I been proved wrong. My goal is within easy grasp if I continue as I have been and not make such a big thing of it.

Carolyne......both of these comments echo my feelings exactly!

I will be there til the bitter end supporting you and looking for support in return. x

Carolyne......both of these comments echo my feelings exactly!

I will be there til the bitter end supporting you and looking for support in return. x

Thanks Shadow you've supported me more than you'll ever know. If I can return the favour anytime, be glad to.

Carolyne42xx

Anyone else fed up with 'swap to CD and you'll be fine without the counselling' attitude that runs rife on this site?

I'm sick of it :mad: I suppose it is only natural given that most people are either on CD or have swapped from LL but I haven't got the time or energy to keep pointing out the benefits of the follow up that NEVER seem to get pointed out by those that quick to say swap :( Losing the weight twice on CD cost more than losing it once on LL.

LL for me is about given myself the best chances long term of keeping the weight off and not about the cheapest way of getting to my goal.

I'm afraid to say that this site is getting me down at the moment which is why I have been posting less. I have never said that LL is best for everyone but the numbers of people making a similar claim about CD and judging what is best for someone without knowing if it is best or not is worrying.

I try to present the pros and cons of both and let the individual decide rather than just saying to go ahead and do something that might not be for the best. Shame others can't take the same attitude :mad:

Hi Chicken,

I have done Lipotrim and CD and I fully support Lighter Life and all diets...

I recommend you and Lavender's and your threads to all new Lighter Life members.

I read what you write as I find it very helpful.

Just as you are getting very good benefit from what you are doing so are others from their diet be it slimming world, weight watchers or a vlcd.

Some Lighter life Counsellors are excellent and some are not just the same with CDC's this is the experience and as well if people don't feel they are getting the benefit for the cost then it does not make sense to stay when it is not working.

Just as you would change any counsellor if you don't have a relationship, counselling is a two way thing and it has to work.

This journey is a very emotional journey for all of us and like you I am working through my issues the best way I can like everyone else and we are all here at the end of the day to support each other.

We all hope that we will learn new healthy ways of coping and eating and none of us ever want to put it back on again.

Some of us like myself have not managed to do it straight through ...but I am still here and I will lose this weight and further more I will keep it off for I know what I have learned along the way.

I am very sorry to hear you so upset but we all have days like this, if there is anything I can do please let me know.

Love Mini xxx

Anyone else fed up with 'swap to CD and you'll be fine without the counselling' attitude that runs rife on this site?

I'm sick of it :mad: I suppose it is only natural given that most people are either on CD or have swapped from LL but I haven't got the time or energy to keep pointing out the benefits of the follow up that NEVER seem to get pointed out by those that quick to say swap :( Losing the weight twice on CD cost more than losing it once on LL.

LL for me is about given myself the best chances long term of keeping the weight off and not about the cheapest way of getting to my goal.

I'm afraid to say that this site is getting me down at the moment which is why I have been posting less. I have never said that LL is best for everyone but the numbers of people making a similar claim about CD and judging what is best for someone without knowing if it is best or not is worrying.

I try to present the pros and cons of both and let the individual decide rather than just saying to go ahead and do something that might not be for the best. Shame others can't take the same attitude :mad:

I'm so sorry that you feel like this, Chicken.

As an ex-LL myself who changed to CD for several reasons, I guess I've put forward my personal point of view to those who ask. I'm very pleased that I started off on LL, as it gave me the discipline I needed to take my weightloss project by the horns, but felt that the CBT failed me (probably because I kept wanting to take over the sessions myself as I don't feel my LLC totally understood the concepts behind the exercises).

I think that people are just saying how they feel - rather than dismissing LL out of hand. It's a fact that LL works and if you can afford it, then I'd support anyone who wanted to do the diet.

Because LL and CD are so very similar though, I think we have to allow that most people will have their own opinions on which they think is best - no matter how small the differences may be.

It's certainly one of the main mission statements of minimins that all diets are held in equal regard - whatever works for the individual is great!

I really hope that you feel more comfortable about posting more frequently, hun. We really value your considered and thoughtful posts!
love

Hi Chicken,

In a lot of ways I can understand why people swap to CD the variety of flavours if nothing else is very tempting. Also counselling isn't for everyone. Personally I have got a lot out of it, maybe not all the sessions but many of them. However, counselling is not for everyone - in order to get the best from it you have to want to use it, I was sent for CBT a couple of years ago and went for one session then left - I wasn't in the right place at the time to want to take on board what the counsellor was trying to impart and I hated every second of the session with him (it wasn't LL).

Having said all that, I wish I had a huge megaphone and could shout the virtues of LL and especially the counselling because for me it has unlocked so many shut doors in my mind and I am hoping has given me (and will continue to give me) the skills to keep slim in the future - that is why I want to do management and won't swap to CD in the meantime. I actually firmly believe management is the key to it all I really do.

Please stay around I love reading your threads.

Nice to hear from you and glad you've got through until now with a postive drop on the scales also (you lucky thing).

No I haven't quite sussed out what is best for me. Carole was saying on Monday night that your not supposed to lose weight in management because by then the emphasis should be on controlling your eating and not the foodpacks and abstaining so I think for me, this time for once in my life Im going to stick it out to the bitter end, it really isn't far off. Even though I probably look alot slimmer and Im in size 16 clothes now I still look unsightly under all my clothes and I certainly need to loose my remaining 3 stone (42bs) I guestimate that if I lose on average 3-4lbs per week it will take me 12 weeks which will take me upto beginning of December. I will then consider going into management then which I know is a bad time with Xmas looming and New Year but then it should be a good test for me all at the same time.

Like when we started we just really have to take one day / one week at a time, I really can't say whats round the corner. I know I should be more confident but with my past track record I really don't trust myself.

I spoke with Angela last night, I was worried about her because Ive not seen her for two weeks now. She was still very bubbly and she told me she lost 4lbs she went for WI the next day when Carole was doing a development class. She is now down to 17 stone which is my weight when I started programme. She was thrilled because she cant remember the last time she was at that weight. She has also had to buy 'new knicks' and trousers because everything is falling off her. She had some problem with one of her sons but she says she will be back on Monday so it will be nice to see her again.

Ive been also thinking about a Xmas Party for our Group (what do you think) maybe we could all meet up at the Chorley Travel Inn and then get a mini bus into the town for a nightclub etc. We'll have to see if there are people still on the packs and on management so it might be just 'water' and nightclub. I think it would be a lovely night just for our Group to get together and have a good laugh, because now we can, can't we!! I'll perhaps mention it at Monday's session and get interested names. I don't mind doing the arrangments.

Don't worry about the kids N, they really will sort themselves out. Kids these days are all so stubborn but Im sure they'll come round they love to pass on their problems to you which unfortunately at this time in your life you can't handle very well on top of everything else. At least they are safe, in a good school, nice teachers and you are sat besides a phone if your needed. Teachers are well aware of the issues surrounding new children at the school and they will have their ways round it and getting them involved with the rest of the children. It's far better that way than being worried about your daughter being beat up again and worrying every day isn't it?

You take care N and if you need to talk for 5 minutes to get you out of your crooked way of thinking, just call me.

Carolyne42xx

Glad Angela is OK, I too was going to ring her but have been a bit wrapped up in my own little bubble of unhappiness the last few days!

The kids seem to be settling, it is still early days yet but things each day seem a little bit calmer.

I think a Christmas do would be fabulous, I am definately up for it!

I have also decided what I am going to do after the 100 days. I am going to go into development - really if I can loose a stone this last month, I will only have another stone to loose to get me to my absolute ideal weight for me (which is about half a stone overweight but I don't want to go that low), however, as I am having days where I don't feel that I want to continue in abstinence that long (and actually have felt much more in control the last couple of days - probably because I have just started!) I am going to take it one half stone at a time - in two week periods - I want to loose that first half stone and then take a view from there whether I want to continue another week or two to get me to 10 stone. If I am struggling with abstinence then I will go into management because if I reach the 3 1/2 stone I will be at the weight and size I wanted to reach when I joined.

Not sure if any of that makes sense but I know what I mean!

I will try to give you a call but will definately be there on Monday anyway.

N

Back