LIGHTERLIFE ADVENTURE BY CAROLYNE42XX

Hi Shadow

Im so pleased that other people have experienced the 100 Day Blues. I was putting it down to the TOTM, hormones etc but you are all possibly right.

I am also glad that I did have extra pack instead of conventional food. How sad am I, dreaming of an extra pack of mushroom or another bar - OMG it must be getting to me more than I thought. Gone are the days of dreaming about chocolate and take aways.

Ive calmed down alot today, and so has my crooked thinking. The voices have obviously thought they weren't having any impact with me and have gone onto some other poor soul.

I want to also tell everybody that I ordered a pair of cropped jeans from my old faithful catolgue (FASHION WORLD) I always have a copy to hand because they do really big fashionable sizes and the delivery is quick to, so if I didn't manage to find anything to wear, i could ring this catalogue and in a week Id get a new outfit. Bearing in mind that I was lucky to get into a size 22 jeans in June I ordered last week 2 pairs of cropped jeans one in a size 18 and quite silly of me really I ordered another pair in a size 16. I tried on the 18's last night and they fell down to my ankles, my hubby thought it was his birthday. I went onto try the Size 16's on and they fit real snug - I kept looking in the mirror in astonishment. I love wearing jeans and have had to resort in buying this pair for my holidays my "big" jeans look silly on me now with a huge belt round my waist to hold them up - I look like CO CO the Clown.

I was mentioning to Flopster on the phone the other day that I think when you have been a big person you get used to the style of clothes you prefer to wear when being big ie dark colours, stretchy material, covers stomach and bum etc but with our decreasing figures what we think will suit us doesn't anymore and we should go for the more fitted stuff.

I feel rather strange that I didn't go to WI on Monday now that my Foundation Stage has ended and have to wait until Thursday to get weighed in future. It has seemed like an eternity this week.

Until next time ......................

Oooo Oooo Oooo miss, miss, I have a tip for you :D

I go into Marks & Spencers and make a beeline for the Per Una stuff because they do such out of the ordinary clothing (leave your purse at home for any of these fact finding missions). ;)

I walk round the whole range once taking care to make note of the most hidious unlikely clothes for me and then pick them out on the next lap round and go and try them on. :D

By doing this I have discovered that the colours I like on me are actually the ones that suit me so no problems there. Earthy colours and deep red orange and greens. :)

But I have learnt that the longer length tops I used to wear to hide my bum and hips now actually hides the best bit of my body, my slinky hips and slim torso :eek: The wide legged trousers I used to go for a still a requirement as I don't fit into slim cut trousers but I have learnt to go for a bias cut skirt and I never wore skirts :eek:

I now go for stretchy fitted t-shirts and top layers that stop just where my tummy droops to at my hips so that I deceive people into thinking that my body follows the line of my legs. I must get some hold me up (note the term hold me up rather than hold me in) pants :D

I have learnt loads about myself by trying on the grossest clothes imaginable and things that I have picked out as looking gross on a hanger have suddenly sprung to life when I put them on :confused: I wouldn't have looked twice if it hadn't been for the gross clothes challenge. By the way if you don't look good in the clothes then that's ok too because the clothes were gross to start with anyway :D

I remember my first shopping foray into 'normal' shops. I was so disappointed because I couldn't find anything I liked but then realise I didn't have to wear dark longline tunic tops anymore to feel covered which is why the 'normal' shops didn't have them.

Hi Chicken

You should be presenting on TV with Trinny and Suzanna. Did you see their programme the other night OMG:rolleyes: .

You sound like you are having so much fun now shopping for clothes which not a long time ago would have been a dreaded experience.

Because I am dropping drastically in sizes ie from size 24 into a 16's now and even the 16's trousers a group member brought into class for me to have are now showing signs of being too big, I have prevented myself from going shopping:confused: . I want to be able to buy the clothes and get a good year out of them so in the meantime, I have bought myself a really good stretchy green striped top from Planet that cost £25 and I find that this moves with my shape. I have also purchased matching earings, necklace and bracelet so I can dress it up if I go out. I have also had to buy myself another jacket for work as I felt like a tramp in the ones I have I could wrap the jacket around myself again and it just felt awful so went to Dorothy Perkins Sale and had to buy a short cut fitted black jacket which goes with my cropped black trousers and I have a work suit. I have also mentioned the fact to work colleagues about not having anything to wear so at least when they see me wear the same suit day in, day out they will know what's happening.

Just also posting about my FIRST DEVELOPMENT CLASS LAST NIGHT. It was a bit of a cattle market when I got there, alot different to the class I was used to. The four ladies who were from other classes didn't include me in conversations and ask me for my name which I thought was quite rude, and they engrossed themselves in conversation about what flavour crisps they preferred, which when you've not had your tea can be a bit unfair. Only a couple out of my group turned up which I was pleased to see and at least I could chat to them.

When I got on the scales I had lost 6LBS - OMG I thought I had lost at least 5lbs but where the extra 1lb had come from I don't know. Never mind I am certainly not complaining. I have now officially got my 4.5 stone mark now.

When the LLC eventually sorted everybody out and came to speak to us, the talk was focused on a couple of people struggling with abstinance and it was very useful to go over it again. One of the girls was quite upset about it, she was only young - I went over to her at the end of class to pass her my mobile number and said she could speak to me at any time. I never thought that I could have been a person to advise anybody, not being able to help myself and all that but I have and the LLC praised myself and this other girl for our dedication and being abstinent for so long which was nice to be recognised.

Until next time .............

Hi Carolyne

So sorry I didn't text or call yesterday, we were hard at it in the office, the kids were off school and had a party to go to and I quite literally met myself coming backwards.

BUT we have more or less finished now (whoohooo). I have another 5 clip strips to fill which I am doing from home this morning then taking them to the unit for boxing and that is it.

I think my other half is going to ring your other half today.

Hope you are alright and so very sorry to you and your daughter for messing you around so much.

:(

Hi Floppy

Thanks for the message. No problem whatsoever. Glad you've finally got there (in the end).

Hope you've had a good week.:) See you Thursday.

WEEK TWO - DEVELOPMENT 11/10/06

Ive just spent a couple of hours on the phone to one of my friends, trying to convert her to attending a Lighterlife Class. Harder than I thought :mad: :mad: :mad:

She has seen me and also has a friend who apparantly attends the same Class who has lost 3 stone and is obviously seeing what results Lighterlife can bring and it is making her think. She is worrying too much about, losing the weight so fast she'll put it back on straight away, loose skin, what she will do when she goes out for a meal, a weekend away. She cannot understand why I don't feel or have any inclanation to eat anymore, which before Lighterlife I would have done, with no shadow of a doubt. She thinks she will fail and feel deprived and all that and the main factor was the cost. After going through it with her she thinks she might just start after her holidays in January. I told her that there is no time like the present and if she started it now she would have lost her 3stone for her holidays but she can't see it. You know what they say - you can't help those who can't help themselves.

Im going to have to stop preeching about Lighterlife and how good it is - as I have been told I am now starting to become boring - it was said as a joke but Im having my doubts now.

At the moment, when calculating how much Ive spent so far on the Programme - I have worked it out at £990. You can't get much for your money these days, but at less than a grand I am :-

* Nearly 5 stone down,
* 4 dress sizes smaller,
* Healthier
* Full of energy/Fitter
* More time & patience with the kids
* I sleep really well
* I look 10 years younger
* I don't have any aches or pains anymore
* Sex life is brilliant (thought Id leave that to the end)

Quite personally, I feel that every penny has been money well spent and you can't put a price on achieving everything above. I FEEL A NEW WOMAN.

Until next time .............

Hi Carolyne you lost alot on LL and would you mind me being a nosey parker would you mind listing your 1st 14 weeks losses?how much water did/do you drink?
Thanks
xxc

Hi I'll do it. Here is my losses as you requested over the 15 weeks :-

26th June 17.2lb starting weight
29th June Stop in loss 10lbs
3rd July Loss 2lbs
6th July Stop in Loss 2lbs
10th July Loss 4lbs
17th July Loss 5lbs
24th July Loss 3lbs
31st July Loss 5lbs
7th Aug Loss 4lbs
14th Aug Loss 3lbs
21st Aug Loss 3lbs
28th Aug Loss 4lbs
4th Sept Loss 5lbs
11th Sept Loss 1lbs
18th Sept Loss 4lbs
25th Sept Loss 3lbs
THE ABOVE LOSSES WERE DONE IN 14 WEEKS ON FOUNDATION.

My First Week of Development was as follows:-

5th October Loss 6lbs - Weight so far 12 stone 10lbs (63lbs lost)

My Water intake has always been an issue. I certainly don't do the 4 litre thing that is required of you. I just cannot physically force myself to drink anything when Im not thirsty. I see it this way that I am drinking more water than I did before I joined Lighterlife so it must be better than none at all. On an average day, I probably get through 6 small volvic bottles and I do try to have one last thing at night before I go to bed with fruits of the forest flavouring in to make it more palatable. I don't promote this with the LLC as Im not getting worked up about it. I know more people in my Group are drinking 4 / 5 litres but with my weight losses it just goes to prove that this doesn't have any influence on the weight loss, well in my case anyhow, but I can see it that the more water you drink, the more healthier it is and it obviously doesn't make you feel as hungry. So I think if you can drink 4L then you should.

Hope this has inspired you somewhat I'lldoit, but don't be disheartened if your losses aren't like mine. There has been a couple of people in my group who haven't lost the same amount of weight as me at the beginning, but have now started to catch me up later on in the programme.

Hi I'll do it

A stone in 2 weeks - wow excellent. If you look at my losses that is only what I lost roughly. If I can remember rightly I only really started believing that this diet could work from Week 6 thats when the penny dropped with me and by that time I had lost quite a bit by then. It does seem a long slog sometimes but I keep saying to people no matter what is thrown in my way, ie kids problems, work problems etc I feel I can deal better with things because I have a control over my eating. It is one problem area Ive got sorted and for me it was the biggest problem.

Your doin swell - keep up the good work Hun.

thanks Carolyne
It is a long slog but I am taking it one day at atime,I have a cold so feeling yuck :( ,well done you you are doing so well.
xxc

Yeah Shadow I agree. Since I posted this, this friend has emailed me and asked for the telephone number of who to contact should she decide to join but she doesn't want to commit herself she just wants to find out more.

I responded by saying "I knew you would come round to my way of thinking in the end" - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
What she is doing is looking in her diary and saying, well Ive got a dinner planned with friends next Sat and then Im away in Lincoln the week after that, then at a conference with work the week after that, then its only a few weeks to Xmas so there's no point in starting until after New Year she goes on holiday on the 8th Jan to Egypt and won't get back for 2 weeks so its the middle of January. God knows how much extra weight she will put on during all this. She cannot get into head that she will not be starving, she won't go out whatsoever because nobody must see her eating a bar or soup. We called round there the other day and she couldn't believe her eyes since last time she saw me Ive come down a couple more stone since then and she was amazed. I left her with a thought "HOW MUCH DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE SLIM - DON'T LET FOOD RULE YOU, YOU SHOULD RULE THE FOOD.

Well only 2 more days before I go on holiday to Egypt, Im all packed got my currency, passport, tickets etc and more importantly Ive got my SIZE 14'S SHORTS and SIZE 12's teashirts and THREE BIKINI'S !!!! YES BIKINI'S. My god it makes a change from last year's holiday, I usually pack the most baggiest clothes to hide my bulk and so not to cling which would make me sweat. I would have packed 2 or 3 sarongs and big shorts which I can slip on if I have to go back into the hotel from the beach, I could never walk with just my costume on I was far too embarrased.

Over the last few weeks I have managed to sell on Ebay most of my BIG clothes and Ive got quite a good price for them too, so there is no going back.

My LLC has advised me to write down my boundaries of what limits I will eat to but nothing outside the boundaries. I have decided to take my blender with me and vanilla shakes. The fact that the hotel have bottled cold water in fridges in your room will help matters and Im going to have 2 vanilla shakes mixed with coffee for my breakfast. Then Im going down to the restaurant with my family and have a couple of cups of coffee/tea. Then every day I have decided that I am going to use the facilities of the gym / spa (if Im not eating much I need to get my money's worth) so Im going to try running for 15 minutes on a treadmill and go on some other equipment. Then I will finish off in the swimming pool swimming a couple of lengths. If I do this each day, the fact when I eat a green salad and protein for my lunch and then a big of what I fancy for my evening meal (excluding carbs of course) will hopefully keep my weight either maintained or even lose some more before I return home and that would be an absolute bonus. I am also taking with me my Fruits of the Forest flavouring and going to add this to water which I will be drinking for the whole of the holiday.

Well there are my boundaries, lets hope that I am strong enough to keep within the lines. I won't be around until Monday 6th November so I hope you won't miss me too much.

Until then Lighterlifers - good luck ..............

Hi Carolyne
have a really
FANTASTIC TIME :D
YOU SOUND SO FOCUSED AND I BET YOU'LL COME BACK A FEW LBS LIGHTER!'YOU GO FOR IT'BIKINI'S' YOU LOOK FAB AND YOU DESERVE IT.

AS FOR YOUR FRIEND I FEEL SHES SCARED SHE WONT BE ABLE TO DO IT AND WILL FEEL EMBRASSED AS YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL?

TAKE CARE
XXC

Hi Carolyne,

Sorry I didn't call you back yesterday reception was poor and I couldn't get through then completely forgot!!

Have a lovely holiday and enjoy!!

See you when you are back.

BACK FROM T'EGYPT

Hi peeps

Finally returned last Friday from Egypt. Had a wonderful time. Diet wise, well ............. I had all good intentions but with the best will in the world it was very hard. We were in an all inclusive resort so to walk past all that lovely prepared food you would have had to have will power of steel. The good thing was that in my bedroom there was a set of scales so I was able to keep track of my weight. When I returned on Friday, the bad news was that I had gained 13lbs but day after on Saturday morning I had dropped 3lbs which I think you always do when you return from holiday. So, I was 10lbs heavier. We were due to have our bonfire Sat night so adult decision I decided that I was getting straight back onto the programme, I had had a wonderful time, but everything must come to an end including my eating conventional food and to go straight back onto the packs. Which I did and the good news as of this morning, I am a 1/4lb lighter than I was before I went out on holiday and I still have tomorrow to lose a bit more before I get weighed. So to lose 10lbs since Saturday is some going - I am so proud of myself and glad that I decided to do it straight away. Bonfire night is absolutely fatal for me and didn't want to add anymore weight onto what I had already done.

Losing the weight made such a big big difference on holiday. From strapping myself in the seat on the plane, I had room at the sides instead of the arms being jammed into my legs, squeezing past people to go to the loo, walking to the pool in my bikini I wasn't at all conscious, being able to fit into size 16 shorts comfortably, not sweat rashes, I didn't have to take talcum powder for the tops of my legs that rubbed in the heat. My god I owe everything to lighterlife and how they've helped me.

Im going to have to go now as Im very busy at work so I'll try and catch up with everybody later in the week. Hope everybody is doing well.

HELLO <<<<<<<<<<<<< WELCOME HOME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So glad you had a fab time my OH is desperate to go there :)

Fantastic willpower to get back on SS after a holiday especially over a normally difficult occassion for youxwell done and fab results as a reward for you :D
I too struggle with bonfire celebrations love that wintery food that goes with it but we went to a public display event and they all had hotdogs and drinks and I had a bottle of water felt I was missing out BUt so proud I did it.

Good luck for the rest of the week,well done again.
xxc

Wow sounds like you had a fab holiday :) I'm glad you enjoyed it and glad you took the adult decision to get straight back onto SS on your return - must've been hard but well done you! Plus you've managed to shift all that you put on, how fantastic!

Did you stick to eating protein? I'm going away for a week in December and would really like to be able to have some meals with the family :)

You are so inspirational! Well done you and welcome back, see you tomorrow.

Got your email but been out all day will respond when I'm not dropping on my nose!!

BACK ON TRACK

Well as I said earlier Im back on track. The results on Weigh In Day last Thursday was 12st 5lbs which was a 1lb lighter than I was when I went out to Egypt which I am so extactic about. I have learned another lesson about myself that in the past I have used the weight gained during my holiday to continue my plight to add further lbs on during the following weeks until I got my head around losing the weight. What I mean is that when we returned from holiday, I would have have something to eat on returning home, not to mention a chinese or an indian using an excuse such as Ive not been shopping. Plus numerous biscuits and brews. The half stone put on would easily get upto a stone in no time.

I had a wonderful time on holiday and I know I put weight on, but the moment I stepped off the plane at the airport I put my Lighterlife head back on and in six days by going back onto the plan I lost the excess weight and a pound besides - No big deal.

We did an exercise last Thursday at the development class called "crossing the river" which was very thought provoking and I got so much out of it, even though you were drawing cartoons.

Yesterday, tried to tackle the issue of Christmas Shopping and ended up buying a suit for me from New Look. It was in the sale and having absolutely nothing to wear that looks smart for work I felt that I needed to buy it to get me through over Xmas. It was only £20 in the sale for both and it looks so smart, black with pinstripes. WAIT FOR IT THOUGH IT GETS BETTER, the Size 18's was falling off me in the changing room, and my hubby had to run back to the rail to get me a Size 16 which fits lovely and snug. I was stood in the queue waiting to pay with a huge big smile on my face. I have waited for this day for soooooooooooooo long. It makes such a big difference to shop in shops other than Evans and Ann Harvey and I am now starting to dress my age and not a 50 year old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must go have pack awaiting good luck everybody.

Until next time ...................

Back