LIGHTERLIFE ADVENTURE BY CAROLYNE42XX

LL for me is about given myself the best chances long term of keeping the weight off and not about the cheapest way of getting to my goal.

Hi Chicken

Like you, finding Lighter Life has been the answer to my dreams. Not only is my weight loss successful but I've unlocked a lot of things from the past.

I feel that I have found the key and want to share it with everyone. This has led me to a lot of frustration as none of them want to do it!!!! They all come up with the same "I admire you but I couldn't do it" blah blah I've spoken to my counsellor about how it makes me feel, and have had to accept that I can't tell people what to do and I can't change their life for them!

You have always posted in a very fair and honest way, presenting pros and cons. If for some people, tastier packs are more important than counselling, then as frustrating as it might feel for us, we need to accept that it's right for them.

I think that most of the experienced people on here post educated replies, but admitedly I've also read a few posts where people have tried LL for 5 mins and are preaching the advantages of CD. We should remember that those asking the question will read all the replies and make their own mind up. You should keep posting, so that these people can see the whole picture and make up their own minds.

Keep your chin up girl....you are doing great! x

Big apologies for going off on one peeps, TOTM and all that. :eek: :(

What I just wanted to make clear is that I have NEVER said that LL is for everyone and I too can understand why people would choose CD which is why I make them aware of it if I am asked about how I lost the weight and make this clear in my posts.

My point is that the GLIB way that SOME not all posters can advise perfect strangers to do another type of VLCD because it is cheaper, better flavours, more flexible etc without knowing if that person might need a bit extra help to give the best chances of long term success is extremely irresponsible as it is an across the board recommendation that doesn't take into account the individual. :(

I have never said that EVERYBODY needs the extra help that LL offers or that it will suit everybody. My mum is doing CD and will have a great deal of success at losing her weight again and has learnt so much about herself since she last did CD that I am sure she will keep it off this time without wasting 30 quid a week on the extra costs of LL. My hubby would never have stood for the group counselling sessions either, it would be his worst nightmare!

As with many of the regular posters on the forum, I can compose a non-biased post which leaves the decision up to the person reading the thread. It just seems that the numbers of poeple that can't is increasing and this is to the detriment of the site :(

Hi Chicken
I dont what someone has said but I found you really helpful,you didnt tell me LL was better than any other diet you just replied to my Questions as I said I feel I need the counselling of LL.Thankyou for your support :D

Big apologies for going off on one peeps, TOTM and all that. :eek: :(

What I just wanted to make clear is that I have NEVER said that LL is for everyone and I too can understand why people would choose CD which is why I make them aware of it if I am asked about how I lost the weight and make this clear in my posts.

My point is that the GLIB way that SOME not all posters can advise perfect strangers to do another type of VLCD because it is cheaper, better flavours, more flexible etc without knowing if that person might need a bit extra help to give the best chances of long term success is extremely irresponsible as it is an across the board recommendation that doesn't take into account the individual. :(

I have never said that EVERYBODY needs the extra help that LL offers or that it will suit everybody. My mum is doing CD and will have a great deal of success at losing her weight again and has learnt so much about herself since she last did CD that I am sure she will keep it off this time without wasting 30 quid a week on the extra costs of LL. My hubby would never have stood for the group counselling sessions either, it would be his worst nightmare!

As with many of the regular posters on the forum, I can compose a non-biased post which leaves the decision up to the person reading the thread. It just seems that the numbers of poeple that can't is increasing and this is to the detriment of the site :(

I'm still embarressed but thanks. :)

I won't be about much for the next 3 days or so as we have houseguests for the weekend. I'll be back on Monday :D

My sentiment exactly Chicken and I can't agree with you more.

You've got to be so careful so that you don't offend anyone, if they choose to move over to CD, then it is their choice but I know it certainly isn't for me.

I started with LL and I'll finish with LL. Ive been clever before and Im not doing it again where my weight is concerned. The £66 per week I pay is well worth the money from the banter from my Group Colleagues on arrival, to the anticipation of what the scales will tell me, even looking at my little ketone stick gives me goosebumps (Im sad I know) and then we all have a laugh and sometimes we cry at the sessions. I come out of my class feeling completely motivated and ready for the week ahead of me. No other diet in the memory of man can give me this buzz.

Im not slagging of CD, Lipotrim, Slimfast etc as Im sure they all work perfectly, but I do think it is ludicrous to break off from LL and finish off on these cheaper diets. They may be cheaper but are they if your weight starts to pile on again and in no time at all your out of control. We've all been there.

It is a choice that the individual has to make for themselves on what route to take, but for me I will be definately seeing it through to the end.

I do think it is ludicrous to break off from LL and finish off on these cheaper diets.

As a CDC who did 88 days on LL before moving to CD, I don't feel that my move was 'ludicrous'. Nor do I feel that CD (or LT or any other vlcd) should be labelled as "cheaper" as it has negative implications that they aren't as 'good' as LL, although I appreciate that probably was not what you meant to imply.

I'm delighted that LL works for some people, just as I'm thrilled for folk who lose weight using PMK methods or WW.

It's the end result that counts, not how you got there.

I'm just on here trying to avoid doing a chicken poo patrol in the garden ready for our guest tomorrow :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I got offended now I seem to have set off a chain reaction :eek:

I'm going to slink off to pick up chicken poo as pennance now but as long as we can all be mindful that we have a responsability to others that they are given information to allow them to make the right choice for them even if it doesn't agree with our own choice.

I wouldn't expect my mum or hubby to do LL just as I wouldn't be happy doing a slimming club.

I'm off now, the poo is calling :D

DAY 78 OF LIGHTERLIFE

Got weighted last night and lost 1lb. This is the first time in 12 weeks Ive only lost 1lb in a week. Im not too bothered about it really as I lost 5lbs last week. The only thing that I put it down to is a couple of injections Ive had at the dentist for a crown being fitted, which I was bothered could have kicked me out of ketosis as my stomach has been really feeling hollow and rumbling like a drum. I checked on a ketosis stick and it was the right colour, so I must be wrong. It is strange because most of the Group who was there last night with me, apart from one losing 3lbs we all lost 1lb each. Oh well, heres to next week's weigh in which I hope is better than 1lb. I know I am well above my target I expected to be at this time, so any loss is a bonus and I am looking at my weight as a whole rather than weekly as you can see something more positive that way.

Last night's lesson was a bit over the top of my head about instant gratification and delayed gratification but I'll have to read my book again with a black coffee when I am quiet this week to take it in again.

Must fly people, take care and until next time I post.

Carolyn

It's good that you are motivated enough not to be disappointed by a smaller loss. But look at it this way...you lost 6lb's in two weeks (nearly half a stone!)....FANTASTIC!

The gratification thing confused me a little too, but I think good examples would be

Instant gratification = Chocolate cake tastes great as soon as you put it in your mouth

Delayed gratification = going to the gym every week and obtaining a toned body after a year

Is this right??

Hi Carolyne
Im just looking at your losses is that 52lbs in 12 weeks?Thats fantastic I hope I have those same results as you!Also look at what your feeling you say you lost only 1lb BUT your not giving up your continuing happily?Says it all,would of you felt like this on other diets you've done? or did you give up,I think LL has given you something differant?
Well done you :D

Got weighted last night and lost 1lb. This is the first time in 12 weeks Ive only lost 1lb in a week. Im not too bothered about it really as I lost 5lbs last week. The only thing that I put it down to is a couple of injections Ive had at the dentist for a crown being fitted, which I was bothered could have kicked me out of ketosis as my stomach has been really feeling hollow and rumbling like a drum. I checked on a ketosis stick and it was the right colour, so I must be wrong. It is strange because most of the Group who was there last night with me, apart from one losing 3lbs we all lost 1lb each. Oh well, heres to next week's weigh in which I hope is better than 1lb. I know I am well above my target I expected to be at this time, so any loss is a bonus and I am looking at my weight as a whole rather than weekly as you can see something more positive that way.

Last night's lesson was a bit over the top of my head about instant gratification and delayed gratification but I'll have to read my book again with a black coffee when I am quiet this week to take it in again.

Must fly people, take care and until next time I post.

Hi Caroylne,

Your loss this week is still a loss and as you have said it is what you lose over all in the month...guide lines are one stone a month for a woman and 1 1/2 for a man and this can vary up or down as we are all so different.

Shadow has explained gratification very well...I feel this is an excellent thread and I know I get so much from reading this.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Shadow

Thanks for explaining the Week 12 lesson more clearly about instant and delayed gratification. It does make more sense now.

Hi I'lldoit

Yes you are right, I have lost 52lbs in 12 weeks. This is losing 3lbs and 4lbs regularly each week - there was one week I lost 5lbs a couple of weeks ago - it all amounts up after the weeks and I simply can't believe it myself, I have to pinch myself. Ive only another 4lbs to go (which Im hoping to lose this week) and it will take me to the 4 stones mark. As I have roughly another 3 stones to lose I will be starting a development class which is for people like me to want to continue losing and then I'll continue onto management. I know this will take me probably through Xmas but this weight has taken 10 years to put on, Im sure a few months more of my life won't make a difference.

Take care.

Hi Carolyne
youve done fantastic,as you say a few more months after 10 years of weight gain isnt long...............just look at your achievement to date your a star and an inspiration.........I look forward to hearing of your losses over the next few weeks hopefully you'll keep me on track?:)

DAY 84 OF LIGHTERLIFE

Got up this morning only to find that I haven't got any vanilla shakes left for my breakfast. I had two yesterday morning and thought I had one left which Ive not so Im feeling very grumpy this morning. I love my vanilla and coffee frappe in a morning in a large glass with crushed ice and not forgetting my straw. Had to make do with a water with fruits of the forest flavouring in.

Going to have a mushroom soup in a minute which will put me on until I get home from work at 3.00pm. WI tonight so I'll get my replacement packs.

Felt like Ive lost more weight this morning - so stood on my scales and it looks like Ive lost 3-4lbs which Im thrilled about which takes me upto my 4stone mark with a week to go before the last week.

All our Group talked about what we were going to do when Wk 14 came to an end which was quite daunting. I can remember our first week and the thought of Wk 14 was too far away and I quite honestly didn't think I would have stuck it out until then - but I have!!

I will definately be doing Development Class and hopefully moving across with a couple of girls from the Group so we can continue our journey even further. If I go into maintenance now with 2 stone left to loose I will never get round to losing it, as your not supposed to go into management with excess weight to loose give or take a few pounds. So with that in mind, I will probably continue on until late November early December basing it on the average weight I normally lose each week. Which will be nice to come off it before Christmas. Not a good time at all to be on maintenance but hopefully the thoughts and feelings will still be in place enough to keep me back from eating.

I'll post again tomorrow with my actual weight loss and amend my tracker.

Well done Carolyne.

I suspect I will be starting managament on Tuesday although I may change my mind again before then :rolleyes:

DAY 85 LIGHTERLIFE

WELL ................... went to WI last night and lost 4lbs - YEAH which takes me to my FOUR STONE MARK !! It is my last week on Foundation Programme next week - I cannot believe that it has come round this fast. I can quite honestly say that Ive enjoyed every LL Counselling Session immensely and have learned such alot in a short time about myself, colleagues and why I do certain things.

Before I go, I just want to mention that at the weekend I was going through some old papers and stuff, you know what you hoard in the corner of the lounge and in that pile of papers was a couple of brochures from Private Hospitals that sent for on the internet after looking into the possibility of having a gastric band fitted. After reading it, and looking at the gory pictures it was too much to bear so I must have put it down until I felt stronger.

I know LL is expensive but certainly nothing in comparison to what a gastic band would have cost and Im sure I don't think I would have lost anymore weight than I have done now. Im so glad I decided to go onto Lighterlife Programme.

Because it was the penultimate class, I have decided to arrange a get together for the Group. We are having it at a hotel near to where we meet and it will include a four course meal and full entertainment. It is 9 weeks away so most of the Group will have come to the end of their maintenance plan and for myself and another couple of colleagues who will be continuing on abstinence until then we will hopefully be allowed a nice meal to celebrate all our hard work. Quite honestly, the Group have made this diet all worthwhile. We are all from different backgrounds and are very different but we all get on so well. I really don't want us all to leave and not keep in touch, so this is the idea of the get together.

It is my Brother's wedding this Friday and although Im looking forward to it immensely, I am very apprehensive about eating. I have never had so much as a crumb other than my foodpacks and have done it by the book, so to actually sit there and eat a four course meal is rather daunting. I know, that all eyes will be on me and Im going to look a right wally sat there drinking a shake or soup so I have decided that I will eat. The LL Counsellor was very good last night when asked what she recommended me to eat and choose and she gave me lots of good choices also drinks. Drinks are not a big problem for me as I would rather eat than drink and drinking water doesn't cause me much distress but she recommended white wine with tonic water and soda water and to stick to that rather than go with the spirits and bottled WKD's. When the evening buffet is served, as Im staying in the hotel, Im going to go to my room and much quite happily on my microwaved toffee bar, put some lippy on etc and then come down after 15 minutes when most people will have eaten. I will also not be having the hotel's breakfast so I will stay in my room and have my vanilla coffee shake as usual. Hopefully with my plan in my head and I keep off carbs, I am hopeful that I may either stay the same or lose a couple, I can't afford to go back up at this stage especially with my holiday to Egypt looming on 19th October.

OK Im finished hear. Until next time .................

Back