LIGHTERLIFE ADVENTURE BY CAROLYNE42XX

Carolyne, you are looking amazing now, the difference is unbelievable.

You are going to be fine on Friday, just eat little bits or you will be overfull and won't enjoy it. Another little tip (this is what I did when I had my steak) - I enjoyed every mouth full. I ate slowly and took small mouthfulls and really savoured the food - I rarely did that before I was too busy stuffing as much down my neck as I could!

Call me on Saturday if you are struggling.

See you Monday.

Thanks Flopster for the tips. Im sure I will be fine.
Found out last night that the main meal will be chicken which will be fine as protein, the bride doesn't eat red meat, and there is three different types of vegetable served with the main meal, which Im sure will fill me, I am definately not going with the roast and boiled potatoes. To start with is soup, so I'll miss out on the roll and then a fish course, which LLC said would be fine, then my chicken dinner then for pudding there is a rich chocolate roulade & cream and then coffee and cheese and biscuits. I will have the roulade but after tasting it Im going to say it is too rich and I'll pass it over to hubby and the kids who adore chocolate puddings. I'll be fine with a black coffee and a lump of cheese!!!! Im going to toast one of my toffee bars and bring it to the hotel in a tupperware box so when the evening buffet is served around 9pm Im going to gracefully depart to my room, put some tuttie on and freshen myself up and eat my toasted bar (heaven). From the rest of the right on upto 1.30am I will be on sparkling & still water.

Got on the scales this morning and seemed to have dropped another 3lbs which Im pleased about so if I do happen to put a couple of pounds on on Friday I will hopefully still lose on Monday. The proof will be in the pudding (pardon the pun).

YOu take care now.

Carolyne,

I hope you had a fab time at the wedding today! See you Monday.

WEEK 14 LIGHTERLIFE

Well what an interesting week Ive had. As I said in my earlier posts, I was worried because I had my brother's posh wedding to attend Friday just gone. I bought my size 16 posh outfit about 3 weeks ago. I did buy it with the jacket slightly pulling under my arms and took a risk that hopefully it would fit better. I tried my outfit on the night before of the wedding and Im not just saying it but I was looking at somebody in the mirror (but not me) it was rather bizarre. The dress, jacket and gorgeous hat looked wonderful and I couldn't wait until Friday. Friday came - went to to the hairdressers with my two daughters to have our hair done, after they had finished I felt like a million dollars. When I got home I had 2 vanilla coffees to put me on until the wedding feast (OMG) the stretch limo came for us all at 12.00 noon and we got to the statley home about 1.00, we checked into our rooms and we all got dressed.

My brother's wedding was at 14.00pm and I had to start the ceremony off by saying a poem from Captain Corelli's Mandolin. It was quite daunting standing in front of 150 people but I did it and I felt so confident in the outfit I was wearing.

After the wedding we went to our table and then my stomach was turning over with worry whether I was doing the right thing eating. To be honest I would have been quite happy to sit there and not have anything and then to go to my room for my soup later on, all my aunties and uncles knew on the table what I was doing and the rest of them was my family and they know so I could have easily done it, but I thought Ive only got one brother and he doesn't get married every day so Im having a day off. I started off with spinach quiche salad, I scraped the middle out and left the pastry case, followed by seabass in a lime zest that was lovely and then stuffed chicken breast with gorgeous vegetables I didn't have any potatoes and then followed by brandy snap basket coated in chocolate stuffed with exotic fruits and chantilly cream, then black coffee. I was stuffed at the end but I didn't feel ill or anything like that which I thought I would have felt. At the evening buffet I did have some beef stroganoff but no rice and lots of salad. I can remember standing on patio outside about 10.00pm with all the guests including my Mum and brother and his new wife and there was a huge fireworks display which was quite emotional. I can remember whilst watching it that I can't remember the last time I was so happy. I cannot believe how much my weight issue impacted my feelings and life beforehand. The evening ended at 13.30pm and my feet were killing me from dancing all night. We stayed over at the hotel and next day we were invited to a wedding breakfast. It was sitting round a huge table set for about 35 people and it was a cooked breakfast. I had fresh fruit & yogurt to start with and black coffee and then I had bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms and beans. I didn't have anything greasy whatsoever. AFter breakfast we saw my brother and his new wife off before they caught the Queen Mary in Southport for a 3 week cruise in the Bahamas. Not bad eh!!

So after such a nice weekend, it was back to Monday's WI sooner than I thought. Week 14 (last week) also so I wanted to be able to have a loss of somesort, and guess what I lost 3lbs on top of what I ate. I did get back straight onto foodpacks when I came home, I know I came out of ketosis because the stick was barely beige. This has been a great opportunity to try out eating before I endure my All Incllusive Holiday in Egypt on the 19th Oct for 2 weeks (God knows how I'll cope with that) but that is a few weeks off and I'll deal with that later.

Quite sad last night as I said Last Week on LL, Week 14. I feel so sad that some of the crowd are moving to pastures new like management. They all look superb and Im so pleased to have been included in the journey during this last few weeks. Im also glad that there is more of the Group than I initially thought moving into Development which will be at an earlier time but on a Thursday - a lovely lady can't join us due to her starting college but Ive got her phone number and we can keep in touch.

We had all our measurements taken last night and we were given our after pictures. One sad thing though is the Councellor's computer has had a virus and she cannot locate our before pictures as I had banked on that to keep forever and a day to prevent me ever from getting in that state again. I don't do full length pictures unfortunately and most of my pictures are either standing behind somebody or sat behind a table hidden with a load of glasses. I don't really have any photos to compare my slim photo to but in my mind I know what I was like. We had to do a Group activity last night which was so simple we all had to write our name on the top of the paper and then hand it to the person to our right, they had to write something inspirational about that person and they had to write at the bottom, then once they had done that they folded the paper over, then passed it on. After 10 minutes we all got our papers back and carefully unfolded it. I had to get a tissue out of my bag lets put it that way, all those lovely comments ABOUT ME and what people thought about me as a person was really inspiring.

Well must fly - will post again in a few days. Good luck everybody,

AHHHH carolyne your post brought a tear to my eye as you sound so happy and positive and your brothers wedding sounded amazing :D
Shame about your before pic.
You have done so so well and I start my LL journey Wednesday and so hope to do as well as you.
Looking forward to your continuing posts.
XXc

Carolyne

Well done for completing your 100 days so successfully.

Are you continuing into development straight away or are you having a break?

I moved into development on Friday four and a half stone lighter than I'd started foundation 100 days ago and a whole lot happier.

The wedding sounded wonderful. I'm glad you had a nice time and would love to see a picture of that outfit we've heard so much about.

Hi Shadow/LL Colleagues
Im decided to move into Development which is on a Thursday night starting next week at an earlier time. It's a bit tight for me to get back from work and get the kids tea sorted but I have to do it and that's that. Im not sure how long I'll be in development. Ive got 2 - 2.5stone left to lose and I estimate it to be the end of November/early December if things slow down the nearer I get to my target. But possibly quicker if I continue losing the amount I am doing at the moment. Glad you've moved into development also so Im pleased your going to be around for a little while anyhow.

JUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IVE JUST POSTED FOUR PICTURES OF MYSELF. IT HAS TAKEN ME 4 HOURS TO DO THIS BELIEVE IT OR NOT (I WAS NOT GOING TO GIVE UP). UNFORTUNATELY MY BEFORE PICTURE TAKEN ON 26TH JUNE HAS GOT CORRUPTED ON MY LLC'S PC AND SHE IS UNABLE TO PRINT ANY OFF SO I THINK I CAN KISS GOODBYE TO THAT ONE. IVE POSTED ONE PICTURE OF MYSELF TAKEN IN MAY 06 WITH MY FRIENDS AT EDINBURGH WHICH IS A FULL LENGTH. QUITE REMARKABLE REALLY BECAUSE I DO NOT DO FULL LENGTH PICS NORMALLY BUT IT GIVES YOU AN IDEA OF MY STARTING WEIGHT AND FIGURE. THE OTHER PICTURES IS OF ME AT 100 DAYS (AFTER PICTURE) AND A COUPLE OF PICTURES SHOWING MY GORGEOUS OUTFIT OFF WHICH I WORE AT MY BROTHER'S WEDDING AND NOT FORGETTING THE HAT THERE'S A PICTURE OF THAT AS WELL. I DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE IT OFF.

HAPPY VIEWING PEOPLE ....................

Thanks Shadow and I'll do it.

Glad you like the piccy's and for the lovely comments you've made. Im not vain in anyway, but I can't stop looking at the picture of me in my posh outfit. It's as though Im looking at somebody else, but it is really me.

Also glad you'll be around too for inspiration and diet buddy.

Good Luck for this week :p :p

WEEK ONE - DEVELOPMENT - 25/9/06

Ive had to change night of LL class due to finishing Foundation now. So instead of Monday night 8.00 I'll be going to the Thursday evening class at 6.30pm. I could have either done Thursday or Tuesday but decided on Thursday due to a few other members also moving over to Development and I wanted to continue my journey of losing weight with them. Because I will be starting next Thursday, Ive had to buy three more days of packs to take me to then.

Had first cock up last night with my packs in 14 weeks. (I spoiled one which means I will be a meal short somewhere before I replenish my stocks. I was on the phone at the time and pulled out of the drawer what I thought was a chicken soup, it was actually in fact a Vanilla shake. I poured hot boiling water onto it and starting to blend it with blender. After tasting it I nearly spat it out it was revolting. I can categorily tell you that Vanilla Shake with boiling water is 'orrible' don't do it.

Don't know why I did this also on Monday night, but had two bars toasted in microwave. Im not getting too hung up about it but it is always on my mind because your not supposed to do. I was in meetings all day at work and for some reason when I got home after LL class I was starving hungry which I haven't been for such a while. I had a black tea and toasted bar at about 11pm and enjoyed it that much I went into kitchen and did another one.

So there you have it, Ive got it off my chest. Nobody's perfect are they!!!!:rolleyes:

So Im going to have a day with two packs short because of this but Hey Ho, Im not worrying too much about it.

An interesting development happened yesterday with my boss - I know he has noticed the dramatic change in me and he does know Im "on a diet" but I really haven't told him which one. His colleague who works at the other Regional Office down South did Lighterlife and he lost 5 stone with it, so he knows that two people who have worked closely to him have all succeeded. He was asking lots of questions about the diet and Im thinking he might be giving it a try.

The celebration meal I am arranging for all LL members in my Group on Foundation has now been confirmed and deposit sent off. I really can't wait and Im so excited. As the day is Friday 8th December most of the Group will have got to their target more or less before then, there is probably just me and another lady who may be borderline. The other people will just about be finishing maintenance so we will all be able to have a nice meal to celebrate all our hard work these past few months. Ive booked it at a local hotel and there is a soul and mowtown entertainment act on along with 4 course meal and dancing until 1am. Im going to dance my socks off.

Unfortunately my lunchtime is over now so I'll have to sign out. Until next time .................................;)

Now don't tell me you did something not 100%, tut tut, next you will be nibbling and insisting on telling everyone in the group absolutely every gory detail!

OK maybe one of us doing that is enough.

Have a fab weekend, I will pop you a pack in the post when I get your address.

N

Congratulations on getting to the end of the foundation stage. I hope the development stage is as good for you as the foundation was. :D

Keep going ladies ;)

Carolyne

Sorry I haven't been in touch re the packing for your daughter. It has been a disaster, it was all misprinted. I am in a real pickle as we have 9 working days til delivery and not going to get the reprinted stuff til Thursday. I am in the process of having a nervous breakdown.

Sorry.

N

Dear Diary / LL Colleagues

I don't know what is happening to me at the moment:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: , but for some reason I am mad stamping hopping ravenously hungry:mad: . My stomach is gurling and churning so much at night, especially when I go to bed and I really haven't had it like this before.

OK Im not doing my 4L of water:mad: , but I am trying my best to have more water than I did pre-LL:rolleyes: .

Over the weekend, which has been very hard for me:mad: , I have sucummed to having another pack/bar (5 in one day) OMG. Im not going to beat around the bush I shouldn't have had it but I did. I was in my adult state when I made the decision and the decision so far hasn't affected my weight loss.

The scales have dramatically gone down this week :p even with the extra packs so Im not concerned about that but what I am concerned is when I am in management whether I can manage to control my appetite as I don't know when to stop. I hope that the skills Ive learned in class will help pull me back.

IM FAR FROM PERFECT:mad: AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE IVE HAD A REALLY GOOD WEEK BECAUSE OF ALL THE EMOTIONS RUNNING THROUGH MY HEAD.

LLC rang this morning to ask if I could swop my Development Class from Thursday to Tuesday but I said I couldn't. I just hope that some of the ladies who were moving over to Development with me are in my Group to keep me focused.:)

Hi Carolyne

If you remember LLC did say that some people find the transition weeks from Foundation into Development very difficult because you have set that 100 days as a goal and then subconsciously it is hard to accept that this is ongoing for a while?

Glad you are sticking with a Thursday, I spoke to her on Saturday and she asked if I could move but I really can't do a Tuesday. Wonder what A will do??

Keep strong and you know where I am.

Hi Carolyne

If you remember LLC did say that some people find the transition weeks from Foundation into Development very difficult because you have set that 100 days as a goal and then subconsciously it is hard to accept that this is ongoing for a while?

Now that I can definately relate to. All I can say is that for me this leasted weeks but I knew it wouldn't last for ever and was just plain horrible for a couple of weeks and permanantly wrinkled from the bath but I managed to come out the other side eventually.

It takes an entirely different mindset to remain in development so I hope it clicks for you soon. :)

Carolyne

I know you rang yesterday, I was sorting out that packaging nonsense and accidently deleted your message rather than save to listen to later, sorry!!!

I am about today, I will try to call if I get chance but if you don't hear from me will you call me please?

Sorry!

N

Thanks for replies Chicken and Flopster.

I did remember that LLC mentioned this last week but you never think it will happen to you.

For a couple of days now Ive had extra packs and extra bars so now Ive played my games, had my little moments and now it is over. If I carry on this way, I'll have no packs for Thursday and it's a long time to go to 6.30pm before I replenish my stocks.

It is so stupid I could kick myself, I know Im only allowed 4 a day and have done this for 14 weeks why now do I want 5 ?????????????

Last night had extra flavouring in my water to give it more of a taste to get me through this akward time.

See Ya.

Hi Carolyne

SNAP!

I was surprised by how tricky I found the transition to be. I really thought I'd just continue as before. But alas no...the 100 days ending was just an opportunity for my chatterbox to come back with avengence! Really Really bad....I've been fantasising about all sorts of evil foods and I even convinced myself I'd be making an adult decision to order a chinese takeaway, but luckily I remembered all our ego state talk and corrected myself.

I think you have done well in that if you need to cheat it is best doing so with an extra pack than with real food. I'm in my second week of developers now and the chatterbox has calmed down a bit and if it's anything like foundation, by week 3 or 4 I'll be right in the swing of it all again.

Remember that you are not alone and that others are in exactly the same boat. You have done tremendously so far and should be proud of your achievements.

I've booked myself a lovely massage as a reward for completing my 100 days because I think this is what my head was asking for.

HUGS to you x

Back