Lisy's exante diary

Lisy, just stopping by from another board as you sound so upset. Listen,

The only way to fail, is to stop trying.

It doesn't matter which diet you do, or however many times you have a stumble along the way, as long as you get back up and keep going you'll succeed in the end. Success isn't instant. It isn't constant. Everyone gets stuck at hurdles sometimes and if you look at any board for any diet on this site you'll find the people who breeze through it are few and far between. Just about everyone struggles and slips sometimes. Stop kicking yourself for finding a diet hard. All diets are hard or else no one would gain weight. Depriving yourself of anything is hard. You need to congratulate yourself on your good days, and when you slip just dust yourself off and know that, whatever diet you're on, if you get back up and keep going you haven't failed in the least, you're on your way to success.

Well done for all your efforts. Keep going however suits you best right now. You'll get there.

I don't feel a failure. I just couldn't put up with that kind of hunger so I know that will succeed now with a low calorie diet. I like my food too much to do this diet. Ketosis isn't a guarantee to stop hunger pangs. I'm picking myself up and trying another diet. It will be slow but I don't mind. Good luck everyone. Lisa

I have come to a decision I'm gonna do WS. It's TOTM but have woken feeling really positive and have still maintained the weight I have lost. I have shakes being delivered today because I didn't like the soups. I'm so miserable at this weight and can hardly climb the stairs with knee pain pain. If I take a break I will just put on more weight. Only had a sandwich yesterday which is unheard of for me. So I'm gonna do this. Wish me luck peeps. Will look on the ketogenic sticky for ideas

Hey lisy I've not been around much yesterday so will be catchin up on diaries... Just read your last few pages.. Honestly Hun stick at it and u will see amazing results... This is very hard but with determination and will power u can do this u know.. Its so easy for saying that but we do know how it feels cos we are all doing the same diet hang in there keep strong an one question just how much do u want to lose weight? ...... Keep that thought and u will do it..

Hugs x

Oh know just had a telephone appointment GP about this diet and has told me to stay well clear as I have been depressed in the past and take meds. Im taking his advice. He said it can be dangerous so goodbye folks and good luck on your journeys. I have packs coming out of my ears lol x will try and sell them on eBay. My GP suggested SW so I'm off on another forum. Thanks for the support xxxx

Yeah thanks joanne. I'm not besting myself up for not being able to do this diet. I'm so over failure feelings now. I'm not the first and I won't be the last not to be able to stick to a vlcd. They're not for everyone otherwise there would be no big people.

Hi Lisy,
It sounds sensible to follow your doctor's advice, hopefully he knows you better than we do :) Slimming World will also be able to help you achieve your weight loss goals, and it's important to do whatever is right for you. A diet is definitely not something worth making yourself ill or stressed over!
Good luck on the next step of your journey, I hope all goes well :)

Well after a lot of hard thinking and having packs I'm gonna do WS then maybe TS. I have only retryed 3 times so not too bad. My head is in it. SW would be slow and tedious. I think my gp is just against this vlcds like some are. I had depression a few years ago but I know people who do CD with depression and are on meds. And their docs signed their forms. I have people to keep an eye on me around me. I just have to stick with it in the first week. Once ketosis sets in it gets easier. Willpower that's all. Im a stubborn person. And not gonna let this beat me. I owe it to myself to succeed and to restart again. Try and try and you will succeed. Lisa

Good luck with it :) It is worth it once you've got through those first few days, you can do it :) I've just spent 2 months going on, off, on, off... getting back on is hard, but definitely worth persevering. Hope all goes well

Thanks so much cybill. You keep me going and the other people on here too. Good luck Cybill xxxxx :)

Well I was thinking of doing it but have changed my mind I was too nervous to post again on here and I thought would start on their. I just thought I wouldn't be welcome here and felt uncomfortable posting anymore but I took the plunge and saw Cybills post just now and i thought I would be ok to come back. Sorry

Back