LittleOne's Little Diary

^^^we'll need a pic of the veg box!!! Xx

Oh I shall most definately be posting a pic!
Will need help too as there's going to be veg I've never tried/cooked in it!

Oh I'm also getting some homemade watercress and Stilton soup to try. No idea about syns for that but it's veg in ma belleh which has been lacking so I think it's worth it.

ForumRunner_20150224_150610.png

The veg box has landed!

Fruit: apples, pears, plums, bananas, plum tomatoes, oranges.
Veg: baking potatoes, normal potatoes, cucumber, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, onions.

Not bad for a tenner!

Pears I haven't tried since I was a kid. Plums I like but never buy, no idea why.
Bananas...well we know my issues there!
Oranges...bad texture issue with the segments, actually gag.

Cucumber I've never really got on with but I always remember when my dad had a ham, cheese, tomato and cucumber sandwich that it smelt lush. Need to give this a go again.
Lettuce...rank...just rank lol.
Cabbage. Never given this a try, possibly an assumed texture issue before trying it. But I have recently found I like red cabbage so ya never know. Just don't know what to do with it!!!

So I'm probably going to do some kind of chicken and broccoli thing as they often go together.
Other than that I'm not sure. Will still need to grab some carrots, corgette, parsnip and spinach from the shop but at least this is getting me trying different things.

Wow these plums are not nice! Really bitter.

Looks amazing! I love cabbage...nice as a side with sausage and mash or a roast!

Maybe try them with some yoghurt and a touch of sweetner? Might take the bitterness away at least... ?

Will give that a try but these were so so bitter I couldn't even swallow the bite I took. Could have just been a dud one perhaps.

Pears are lush tho, very delicate taste.

Haha! I'm one of those lucky ones who loves practically all fruit and veg...only things I don't like are radishes and papaya!

Chop it like you would lettuce, then boil for 5 mins!

Broccoli also takes 5 mins to boil.

I always think broccoli goes well with fish too. And as a veg side for gammon, sausages, chicken, whatever really!

Thanks ladies! It's gonna have to be mixed in to begin with, not quite ready for side veg lol!

You could prob get away with chopping cabbage really fine (like you would onion) and 'hiding' it in bolognese or other pasta dishes!

When I first met my hubby I used yo do a lot of veg hiding!!! I only got him to try parsnips cos I told him they were roast potatoes..."hmmm, these roasties are nice jellybean!" Haha!!!!

Haha love it!

I had to start grating veg into a bolognase and slowly I've built it up to little chunks. Love roast veg too. It's more salad type things and boiled veg that get me most.

B - weatabix (hexb) with milk (1/2 hexa)

S - chewy delight (4.5)

Fruit bowl (apple, pear, Grapes, strawberries) with banana and custard Muller light

D - sw meatballs, tomato sauce and pasta with grated cheese (1/2 hexa)

Treat size buttons (4)

Syns 8.5

Didn't really have lunch, did the chronic fatigue thing of sleeping until midday then had to have a bath etc and pop to the shop for veg box money.
Fruit bowl with yoghurt was lush though.

So I had a cheeky weigh this morning because tomorrow I'm meeting up with friends, one of whom is pregnant and wants pizza. I'm not gonna argue but will make sure I don't over do it etc.

My scales are rubbish I've decided! So temperamental with where they are placed. A nudge this way or that way and I get a totally different reading. I would leave them in the same place but the floor needs cleaning every now and then! Never get the same reading twice.

Now I feel like I can't trust previous weights. Treating myself to some new ones after pay day I think.

Enjoy your lunch!!

Even if your previous readings are right your new scales will weigh you differently so just go with whatever they come up with and know that if the new ones show a gain then it might just be the different scales so don't get disheartened

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My new scales made me 2lb heavier than my old ones...luckily the week I got them I had a 5lb loss, which made the 2lb heavier business easier to swallow!

I weighed myself 3 times throughout the day on Monday...it's amazing the different readings you get throughout one day! I think that you def need to have a set weigh in time (mine is after breakfast on Thursdays, so usually around 9am ish!(.

Mine's always in the morning after a pee and before breakfast!

Yeah I know new scales will be different but that's ok if I can trust them. The ones I have don't have great reviews on amazon due to inaccuracies so I'm not imagining it which is reassuring!

B - weatabix (hexb) with milk (1/2 hexa)

L - sandwich thin (5) with dairylea (1/2 hexa) and ham
Chewy delight (4.5)

D - left over meatball pasta.

Fruit bowl (apple, Grapes, pear, strawberries and banana) with Muller light.

Syns 9.5

Yup still not good with banana...much gagging lol.

Back