Liz's CD Diet to Goal

I think I will start it on maintenance as hopefully we will move into treatment quickly and I think that the maintenance area might give me the focus I need. I enjoy reading and commenting on the posts on here so will probably cross both.

I know what you mean about being out of the action, already with slower losses and not being focussed on the next weigh in I feel I am out of the zone!

Hi Liz see you moved over. Have a good day and will hopefully join you later on!

Oooh hello ladies and welcome to the maintenance section. When I first saw this thread, I wondered how I'd never read it before. Then I opened it and realised you moved over :) There's lots of lovely people here :) Good luck with the next stage of your journeys.

Thanks Laura, yes Mini very kindly moved me along :)

I'll have to spend some time looking at all the other maintenance threads to get inspiration!

Having a good day today so far. Have just gone on the cross trainer and survived (not much of a morning person :))

Got an early lunch meeting at 11 this morning, but with it being early I can probably get away with just having coffee.

Weighed this morning and am 11 stone 6 and was 11 stone 4 when I was on 810. Am surprisingly not bothered! Not sure what's wrong with me, as before my eating issues made me freak out (I stopped doing 1000 because I lose nothing in the first week). This time round I just feel so much happier with where I am and am confident that if I consistently do 1200 and exercise the weight will go :)

So I am feeling strong, positive and optimistic! CDC away till next Wed, but her CDC has been really supportive, so I have someone to call if need be.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Off to walk dog soon and then work, so will catch up on diaries (ooh new things to read!) after work.

Evening Liz, glad you are feeling well and hope you had a good day. I have started recording on here today, I just need to make sure I write down during the day what I eat!

Hey Wales, great day thanks. Off to find your thread now!

Thanks Laura. That's made me think because I've always had issues with control and normally when I've dieted in the past I've taken it to extremes in terms of completely berating myself if I slip. I've been obsessed with control, but thinking about it that means I wasn't really in control.

Now I feel like I'm finally finding a middle ground and working with my body, not against it, to get to goal.

Am back down a little this morning at 11 stone 4.4
I am most pleased about the fact that despite going from SS+ to 810 to 1200 in one week I haven't put on any weight! :D

Hope everyone else is having a good day x

You sound really in control Liz. Great to hear. :)

The really important thing is that you recognise how you need to change to be successful this time around. That's soo important. I don't have time to find the link now but have a read of KD's leeway thread. It's somewhere in here and makes for brilliant reading. It's all about how to use the scales as a sign of weight management but not the be all and end all. We are lucky to have KD on here :)

Hey Laura, how strange - read that only the other day! Really good thread and it changed my way of thinking. I had planned on losing 7lb more than I had originally wanted to, so that I could go a little bit crazy on holiday.
Not now though!
I plan to just relax about the whole food thing, (I've spent too many years being uptight about food - binging or starving kind of thing) enjoy myself and listen to my body when it's hungry or full.
Then when I come back I will just go back to what I am doing and it will all even out :) That's the plan anyway!!!

We're going to Gatwick on 20th Sep and flying out on 21st Sep to Orlando. Cannot wait! :)

Hi lovely girl, how are you getting on today? Oohhhhhh Florida will be fab. Can't wait to be there too over Christmas. I think the following year I'll want a good old Christmas at home tho as this will be my 3rd year away.....ooohh Thailand tho I'd go back now if i could...love it!

Well hun I'm so pleased you've moved over now.....exciting. You're doing so well...... hugs x

Going for 16 days Laura :) I'll not want to come back!

I'm good today thanks Sunshine :) You're such a jetsetter!!! Know what you mean about Christmas at home. Only been away once and it was lovely, but there's something nice about being at home at that time of year...not that I'd turn an Orlando trip down - it's beautiful though over the festive season.

Im so jealous went to Florida for our honeymoon 3 years ago now and would move over there if I could (think we will 1 day) its such a magical place xxxx

I'd love to move out there.
Heard it's quite hard though unless you marry an American and my BF wouldn't approve :mad:

Im so jealous went to Florida for our honeymoon 3 years ago now and would move over there if I could (think we will 1 day) its such a magical place xxxx

Never been to Florida but it is being discussed for next year with brother in law and his girlfriend. I have warmed to the idea as long as I don't have to spend 2 weeks in a theme park. We went to Alton Towers this time last year and I was designated coat holder. I know that there is more to the theme parks than riders and so much more to Florida than theme parks, but I have a sneaky feeling that we would spend a huge amount of time there. But after our trip to New York earlier this year I am desparate to get back to America, anywhere there just to go back!

Know what you mean Wales, I love the place.

Weighed this morning and FINALLY!! The scales have moved and are hovering between 11.2.8 and 11.3. I am so happy, as have literally been at 11.5 for about a month, having put some on and then had to lose it.
Am so happy about this and it's spurring me on.
Off to look for a car for BF now and hoping we have more luck than we've been having of late.

Back