Lizzy's Daily Drivel Diet Diary!

yeah on the loss :D:happy096:

hope your having a wonderful holiday.

happy easter xxx

Afternoon lovely! Well done on the loss - that's brill. You're doing so well. You make a great Nigella. Let us know any yummy discoveries you make in the kitchen! What exercise are you doing hon? xxx

Well Ive not managed to try as many recipes as I would have liked, however I did adapt a chickpea and spinach curry recipe and that was lovely. TBH Becky I don't do enough exercise, I walk quite alot (but that is only because we have no car) and I go on the wii from time to time. I have just found out that there is a pilates class where my WI is on a Thursday so I think I am going to give it a try.

Hope you are well

xxx

Well have just got back from WI wit 2.5lb off! This got me my club ten and SOTW - I was so pleased as I have found it so much harder sticking to plan whilst off work, and I am only 1lb off 2stone so hope that I can bag that one next week. A close family friend joined this week which means that I no longer go on my own - although my group is very friendly. I am hoping that a bit of healthy competition will keep me on the straight and narrow.

xxx

Wow!! Well done on the great loss at this difficult time of year Lizzy my lovely! I've put on rather a lot :(. I need to up the exercise big time. Bet you do a lot more than your realise with all the walking you must do. Congrats on being SOTW and getting your Club 10 too!! :bighug: xxx

Wow!! Well done on the great loss at this difficult time of year Lizzy my lovely! I've put on rather a lot :(. I need to up the exercise big time. Bet you do a lot more than your realise with all the walking you must do. Congrats on being SOTW and getting your Club 10 too!! :bighug: xxx

I think the only reason I managed to lose this week was because there weren't any easter goodies in the house and I just stayed in. Normally I would have put myself in a chocolate induced coma! LOL I feel that I need to do more exercise as I am worried about becoming flabby and wobbly. I am going to start a pilates class near me on a Thursday as I feel this will help.

I think I am going to set myself a little goal each week to try and keep me on the straight and narrow. This week I think it will be upping my fluids as I never ever drink enough - this is something that I have done since I was little.

This week at WI we had a different consultant (as ours was on holiday) and she said that she sets her groups lots of different weekly challenges, I wonder if there is a thread on here with different ones to try?

Think I shall go and investigate....

xxxxx

Have a real struggle today...I just want chocolate!!! Have managed to stay within my syns (just!) but don't know how I am going to get through this evening!! I think its bordom really but somehow I cant get rid of this craving... to make matters worse there are small bags of minieggs in the cupboard (8syns) that are my fave. I bought them when I deserved a treat and had plenty of syns left. Think hubby may have to hide them! Wish me luck!

Hi hunnie - can totally recommend the choccie pod. Have lost my interest in chocolate and I was a total chochead :8855:. Hope you've had a good day :bighug: xxx

Lol; they're taking over minimins!! They're recordings that you listen to that reprogramme your unconscious to get rid of emotional eating and over eating choccie and sweet stuff. It's cognitive hypnotherapy, really easy and pleasant to listen to. They are about £30 each. Check out the slimpod thread on here and JackieN's diary (she got me started on them and has been a rock, bless her). Some people get results after 2 weeks but for me and Jackie it has taken longer - the weight hasn't dropped off me yet but I'm eating like a 'normal' person and just no longer interested in chocolate or sweet fattening stuff. It's taken me about 8 weeks to get to this stage but I feel so much more in control around food it's amazing.
The website is Thinking Slimmer Slimpod lasting easy weight loss, no need to diet and Jackie's diary is http://www.minimins.com/silver-members-diary/218562-jackiens-weight-loss-journey-diary.html. They also get you more interested in exercise and I think this is the thing that really speeds up the weight loss - 3 'podders' are doing the London marathon next weekend!!

Hope you have a lovely day hunnie :bighug: xxxxxxx

Lol; they're taking over minimins!! They're recordings that you listen to that reprogramme your unconscious to get rid of emotional eating and over eating choccie and sweet stuff. It's cognitive hypnotherapy, really easy and pleasant to listen to. They are about £30 each. Check out the slimpod thread on here and JackieN's diary (she got me started on them and has been a rock, bless her). Some people get results after 2 weeks but for me and Jackie it has taken longer - the weight hasn't dropped off me yet but I'm eating like a 'normal' person and just no longer interested in chocolate or sweet fattening stuff. It's taken me about 8 weeks to get to this stage but I feel so much more in control around food it's amazing.
The website is Thinking Slimmer Slimpod lasting easy weight loss, no need to diet and Jackie's diary is http://www.minimins.com/silver-members-diary/218562-jackiens-weight-loss-journey-diary.html. They also get you more interested in exercise and I think this is the thing that really speeds up the weight loss - 3 'podders' are doing the London marathon next weekend!!

Hope you have a lovely day hunnie :bighug: xxxxxxx

Thanks for that explanation and this does sound very interesting indeed....think I will do a bit more research. I can't imagine getting to a stage when I don't want chocolate and sweet stuff. It sounds like lots have been converted. When do you listen to it, while you are asleep or awake (sorry if I sound dumb, having one of those days!)

xxxx

You don't sound dumb at all sweetie - it is a new thing. You listen while awake and relaxed but I find that sometimes now I fall asleep during them and wake up again when the ipod starts recycling. It's been a rocky road for me, and after I'd suggested that to you I went and read some of the success stories on the TS web page which I'd not bothered to do before. I didn't realise how quickly it works for some people - it hasn't been quick for me but it has definitely worked. Like you, I couldn't imagine (and am still finding it hard to get my head round) not being interested in choccie and sweet stuff. I haven't lost weight in the 8 weeks I've been doing it, as I've been through several phases. Phase 1 was wanting to stuff my face with as much choccie and sweet stuff as I could - a kind of rebellion, phase 2 was only wanting caramel shortbreads from the Co-op and no choccie for several weeks, phase 4 was only wanting mint aero, nothing else sweet, and lots of bread for some reason and I think I'm now in phase 5 which is not wanting to overeat anything, and not being interested in any choccie or sweet stuff. I put on about 8lbs but have now lost over half of that again, and as I'm not wanting to eat c*ap and much smaller portions I think the weight is going to start coming off. If you decide to give them a go, do be prepared for your mind to do some weird stuff for a bit and a small gain - but ultimately if it stops you wanting to eat too much of anything and especially choccie and cakes etc for the rest of your life, I'd say a few weeks is worth it!
On the other hand you might be someone who they work for really quickly. Defo worth a go I'd say if you keep on struggling :bighug: xxx

Lol just realised I missed out 'phase 3' so think have only actually been through 4 'phases' as I'm calling them!! xxx

I think I'll def look into in more, have been and had a quick look on their website, there are so many different ones! I'm hoping that I may find it easier going back to work, as it does seem that boredom is my main problem. I find when I'm in work I tend to have no syns through the day making it much easier at night (especially when the soaps are on and I am armed with a bucket of coffee - my big vice!)

You ready for going back to work? I've bought myself a hair dye and face mask to make me feel a bit better and hopefully prevent 'Sunday Night Syndrome' (when I can't sleep and then panic that I'm not gonna have enough sleep!)

Hubby had been following SW with me at the beginning (and lost around a stone) but has struggled for a while, he has decided that he wants to get back on the wagon from tomorrow, so hopefully that will mean that there is less temptation around!

xxx

Well just got back from WI and maintained. I'm really dissapointed as I have been on plan and really wanted my 1lb off for my 2stone. But I havent blown it tonight, just had my syns and bought myself a magazine instead of a big bar of chocolate. Gonna try really hard this week and will up my fluids, I hope this will give me an extra good loss next week!

Well done hon - you're bound to get a good loss next week; and well done for reacting positively to it. I know just what you mean about the night before going back to work syndrome. I always get nervous and never sleep properly; then have anxiety dreams about not hearing the alarm, or forgetting that school has started again and suddenly realising the day has gone by and I wasn't there!! Awful :(. I had it last night as I have most of this week booked at a school. Had a terrible night last night - hardly any sleep, then dreaming I'd got to school and wasn't dressed and didn't have make up on lol. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight. Hope evrything's settled down now a bit. PM me if you need to xxxxxx :bigug:

Back