LL JULY STARTERS

Well done Sam - 9lbs is great! Maybe you could try adding a bit of salt to your soups over the weekend and see if the cramp improves.
Soon-to-be-slinky- I can't believe you have lost 20lbs in 2 weeks, that's amazing!
It's my third day today and I'm really hungry! I hope I go into ketosis soon!
xx

I havent actually been to a meeting yet even though I have been on it for over a week. The woman said there was not enough people to start one yet., however, she thinks it will be this wednesday. I weighed myself on normal scales yesterday and they said I have lost another 5 1bs (which would make 13.5lbs in wk1!!) however, until I weigh at my meeting im not going to get my hopes up.

I am struggling with not eating, but not once have I been tempted!!!

Way to go Sam and soon to be slinky. Great losses. Congrats getting through week 1 Sam.

Mel I am surprised your counsellor started you before the group starts. I thought they had to start a group before letting people start on packs. You are doing really well. Have you at least been offered a pop in to get weighed and talk about how you are finding it? Seems a bit like you've been left to your own devices and I didn't think that was the philosophy behind the programme. Well done sticking to it I hope you get your group support soon.
xx

Thanks peony Bex

Well done slinky great loss.Mel i am shocked you have started and not been weighed were is your support ? you have done amazing but you should really ask when you are going to get some counselling as it's part of the process infact i would say the most inportant part and your paying for it.
I have my brothers 18th BBQ birthday tomorrow i will be focused and i will make it through the day it wont be easy and questions will be fired but i,m ready bring it on could even put my peanut bar on the barbie lol take care every one x x x have a great weekend x x x

x x x sam x x x

I may go to the pop in session tomorrow for a weight in. She did say that the meetings would start this wednesday. She also said that she is not supposed to start us off, but thought I wouldnt want to wait (she had a point!)

Im doing okay, but could reall do with talking to others about what they are going through too (other than on here i mean!)

Im also really curious about the counselling and what sort of things they do......so im looking forward to it!!

Good luck at the bbq tomorrow sam xx

Enjoy the BBQ Sam - just remember how important what you are doing is to you and drink loads of water. It will be a real test so good luck. At group this week a girl had a meal with people she didn't want to tell what she was doing so she said she was having a medical procedure the next day which mean't she wasn't allowed to eat. That may or may not be appropriate to use but worth keeping up your sleeve. Id people ask what procedure you could say it is a bit personal to close them down - or if it is a bloke that it is a 'woman's problem' lol and watch them scarper!

if you do tell people expect mixed reactions and remember that what other people think is not important, you are doing it for you not them. xx

Mel
I can understand wanting to get rolling before the group officially starts - it was your choice which I think is perfectly acceptable. Would definately grab the offer of a pop in to see how much you have officially lost and to talk to your counsellor about how you are finding things. Good luck with the first meeting Wednesday. Keep coming here in the meantime and we will all try and give you as much support as you need.

xxxx

I FEEL AWFUL!!!! I was cooking (yet more) fairy cakes and the butter icing got the better of me. I was all alone in the house and I just had some!! I cant believe it!! I didnt eat the whole bowl or anything but probably about a spoonful, and now I feel like i have let myself down!!

It sounds rediculous to be this way over a spoonful of icing, but Im trying so hard I cant believe I did it. Now I have to keep hold of how disappointed I feel so I dont do it again!!

Could this bring me out of ketosis?.....Im def going to the pop in tomorrow

Mel
I think the important thing is to learn from the experience. Analyse if you can why you ate it. Were you angry that you weren't allowed to eat it? bored? tired? fed up? Try and identify how you were feeling and next time you feel that way try and have an alternative activity to distract you. Also think about why you were making the cakes in the first place. Did you really need to? were you trying to test your will? did you make them because you knew you would have to eat some icing?

If you can in the early stages try not to put temptation in your way. Whilst it is important not to hide away from food, at this point there is no harm avoiding making things like cakes.

Above all don't beat yourself up. Be kind to yourself, admit you are just human, and climb right back on the horse.

You can do this honey.

xxx

Thanks Peony.....I only made the cakes because Im practicing for my littles girls birthday party. I just thought.....im going to eat that!!! I wasnt angry or anything, but I was hungry. What I should have done is made up a shake!

Good luck with weighin mel x

Last edited:
hi mel

think peony has said it all really but i do feel for you i know that feeling of dissapointment and shame.what i do when i feel i want to eat is i close my eyes and imagine eatting it then i see myself 1 minute later and i see and feel the dissapointmant and shame and i see myself so upset and angry that it really dose stop me.A tip i gave to the ladies in my group. the power of the imagination

be good stay strong

x x x sam x x x

Hey Mel
By analysing it you were able to pinpoint the fact that you were hungry and that was the main factor. You then identified that you could have made a shake. It may seem obvious now but at the time you were hungry so you ate some icing, and you learned that next time you would stop for a moment, think about what it is you need and make a shake or eat a bar. We are only human and we learn from mistakes and hey - better to learn by snaffling a spoonful of icing than wolfing down a packet of biscuits!
Well done you honey.
Good luck this week.
xxx

hey girls - i went to my weigh on and lost 6 lbs. That 14.5 in a week and half!

The LLC confirmed my meeting start wednesday, so im looking forward to that.

Have a cracking week everybody!!

Nice one Mel, that is an absolutely brilliant loss. And your group starts Wednesday which will really help keep you going. Just think, you can secretly feel smug that you are already a stone ahead of the game!

xxx

well done mel

thats a fantastic weight loss so glad your group is starting up.

x x x sam x x x

Thanks girls - u r great!!! xxxxx

hi ladies just to let you know i went to my pop in tonight the other women in my group dont go but i find it helps me and i find my taste buds change like the weather so i changed my packs and got weighed iv lost another 2lbs thats 11lbs in a week & half very happy.

x x x sam x x x

Hello all
Im a Newbie to Lighter Life.
I started it on the 14th July and so far all is going "sort of" well.
I stopped it last time after a few days as the stress got to me and the bad things such as migranes oh and not to mention unsupportive boyfriends, however now im ready to "Kick ass!".
Insentive is to look at Christmas and think... I WILL BE IN THAT TEENY BLACK DRESS! :)
Good luck all!
You all look fantastic!! :)

Bex...x

Back