LL JULY STARTERS

oh - and about the woman who said people who cant not eat for 14 weeks are weak, im guessing the reason she is there is because she has a lot of weight to loose. Was she too weak to keep her hands out of the biscuit barrel? ;-)

I WAS lol

Last edited:
Lol you took the words right out of my mouth mel. thanks guys for your support it's so funny how you find yourself on here one day doing the supporting then the next it's you who needs the support.Myself and my husband took our daughter on a day out in london to see a show there's a few pics of me and my lighter life bar in trafalger square i decided that i was going to have my picture taken on all trips with my lighter life packs don't know why just thought it would be fun. lol

x x x sam x x x

Im glad you had a good day yesterday, its nice to do something to distract yourself!! Im making allergy free fairy cakes today!! One of my little girls friends is allergic to pretty much everything, and i dont want to leave her out of the festivities of my little ones birthday.....ill be glad whebn this birthday is over, i wont want to see another fairy cake again!!! ive made loads over the past couple of weeks, and i have been able top eat any!! (probably for the best!!)

Well i hope your little one has a great birthday my daughters 4th birthday nearly killed me and my husband we were cream crackered i said no more till she is 18 or 21.
How have you been doing day to day i am finding i am up and down never know when the bad mood is going to hit.
I had 4 people say to me yesterday how i look alot thiner which was nice as none of them know each other or know i am on LL made my day.

x x x sam x x x

My mum keeps telling me that im wasting away!! Which makes me feel happy. Im usually ok if i keep busy, i have found myself walking to the shop everyday instead of doing a big weekly one in the car (im on maternity leave at the moment). But then sometimes, it takes everything I have not to eat a mouthful of something. I havent had any real urge to eat a whole meal yet. Sometimes i do feel a bit irritable, but most of the time im not too bad.

Hello Lovelies
Haven't been able to get on here for a few days. Had the weekend from hell, went to visit friends for the weekend who are massive foodies. You would not believe the food I had to watch and smell being prepared and consumed. Not to mention the booze that was put away. I remained 100% abstinent throughout I am happy to say but it was the biggest challenge so far. Had the most unbelievable sicky migraine headache throughout as well. Blummin nightmare!

Delighted to be back top lovely 'easy' weekdays where the routine makes it all so much easier to manage.

Have my week 4 weigh in tomorrow - have snuck on my scales but think it will be a small one this week. I am trying to reconcile myself to realtively smaller losses and to look at the bigger picture. Sam I know you were struggling wit hthis too - like you said, when people are eating food and getting 6lb losses and you are staying 100% abstinent and gestting far smaller ones it is really de-motivating.

We just have to remember that everyone is different, that we are losing and we WILL get there!

Good luck to you all this week, and good luck with your little girl's party Mel - is it this week?

x

lol - no peony it is not until the 15th August!! im just one of these people that like to be prepared!!

I thought id save myself some money by making my own cakes, but i think ive made about 10 'practise' batches - lol.

Good luck tomorrow peony!!! im looking forward to my weigh in wednesday!!

Hiya peony

was woundering were you went to poor you having all that to deal with i have had my husband off for a week and he has been cooking really nice food and we have had days out nearly every day. Sea side swimming park cinema day out in london and i have took my packs or bars on all and survived and had great fun. I used to think you could only have fun if it involved food i am slowly realising thats not the case i wont say i have not missed food because i have but last night i was sitting at home thinking about the week i have had and it made me see just how much i dont need food to enjoy life. Before LL it consumed me food was on my mind when i woke up till i went to bed always popping this and that in my mouth we are not unhealthy eatters in our house we just loved huge dinners how things have changed in a few weeks.
Good luck at weighin tomorrow and you to mel.I would like my 2lbs this week to get my stone or 3lbs would be happy with as that takes me in to my next stone under its like losing a stone over night.

take care all

x x x sam x x x

lol mel, you will be a real pro by the 15th! I have to admit to cheating with mine - I bought the Tesco Value plain cupcakes but iced them myself and bought lovely decorations like those nigella lawson flowers they sell at the jane asher on line shop.

Really impressed with your attitude Sam, seriously, you have done a lot of work mentally this week and you should feel really proud.

Well keep up the good work girlees, will let you know how tonight's weigh in goes tomorrow. Good luck with yours tomorrow Mel - what day is yours Sam?

xxxx

Peony - I must confess, I am having the party at a dance studio. You pay £10 per child and you get 2 hours of music (with disco lights), games, prizes for games and the food, and the party organisers do EVERYTHING!!! All I have to do is the cake!!! lol

Anything that makes my life easier is excellant value!! so i thought id better do something!!

Hey!!!! I just got into a pair of pre preganancy jeans!! woohoo!!

Wooo Hooo! That is fab Mel - another month and even they'll be dropping off you!

I threw out a lot of stuff after only just over one week but the stuff a size down is still fitting quite well. Looking forward to going down another size in jeans - am in my smallest pair at the moment, a 24.Were really tight a week ago and now comfy. Here's to a few weeks when they get thrown out!

XXX

hi ladies

why did i not think of that mel what a great idear myself and hubby nearly killed ourself on katies last birthday in may i dressed as a big yellow bear and jim was a moneky i must have sweat 10lbs off the kids ripped the monkeys tail off it was madness but we loved it i to done katie a cup cake tower for her birthday but i cheated and brought giant cup cakes from costcos :) i,ll put some pictures of kates bday in my album for you to see.I brought 3 sliver trays and 3 square clear tube containers and i filled one with jelly babies one with bubble gums it was really nice dont know were these bright spark idears come from some times lol.hope you have a great loss peony.

x x x sam x x x

Hiya girlies
Bit gutted with a 2lb loss this week, trying not to let it get to me as I know every pound counts, but I have been 100% abstinent from the get go and after my weekend from hell at my foodie friends, I had really hoped to be rewarded for my virtue. Oh well hopefully make up for it next week.

Good luck with your weigh ins this week girls.
x

hey peony

you feel like i did last week but when you look at your over all loss in 4 weeks 23 massive lbs your 5lbs away from 2 stone 2 stone that is fantastic.Some one on the lighterlife site was 100% abstinent and put on 2lbs she was gutted but she stayed on it and went to her pop in 3 days later and had droped 1lb again she was gutted as she had been 100% then 4 days later went for her weighin and had lost 9lbs that made her happy our bodys are funny machines to be honest if that was me and i had put on 2lbs i would have gone to the nearest take away but reading that would make me think twice.Well done peony Mels turn now then mine tomorrow.

x x x sam x x x

Last edited:
HI Ladies,
Well done on all your losses! Peony - I can understand how you feel. Sometimes you fell like the main fact that you said no to all that food and drink means that you should have lost double the amount lol! I had my weigh in last night and lost 2lbs. Not very happy for my second weigh in so I'm hoping that more will show next week. My appetite has definitely shrunk thought, how about everyone else??
Becky
xx

Thanks for the support girls. You are right Sam, and I have looked at my spreadsheets and it won't impact really - and who knows what the coming weeks will bring. Also what you said about that girl putting 2 on but losing 9 later, you have to try and keep these thingsin your mind - hard though sometimes huh?

Bex you and me are in the same 2lb group - a lady last night lost 2 as well and we called ourselves the grumpy corner lol. She said it made her want to go to Maccy D's but it just makes my resolution stronger to stay abstinent and try and get a better loss next week. Here's to bigger losses for us next week - and a massive one for Sam and Mel this week.

Hugs to all, you are all superstars.
xxx ;)

hiya ladies

well done bex on your loss this week.I just got back from taking my daughter to the park i brought her an icecream from the icecream man and it was dripping every were with chocolate sauce it was so tempting to lick it but i NEVER it was all over her face i had to try and get her finger to wipe it off has we had no tissues if i had done it with my finger id of had to lick it clean lol.I am feeling hungry today but our counsellor says it's not real hunger sure feels like real hunger.
My shape has changed quite abit in 3 weeks has any one else noticed that?

big hugs

x x x sam x x x

Firstly, 2lb is still a good loss!! As sam has said, our bodies are really weird things!! I cant believe that woman who had put on 2lb!! I dont think i would have been as strong as she was!!!

Secondly, I have found it so much more 'convenient' being on this diet. Not having to worry about what Im having for lunch or dinner has made things easier day to day (as wll as cutting down the shopping bill). I do get my cravings. Yesterday my 4 year old ate dinner at her friends and decided to smother spagetti bolognase all over herself.....Shes very lucky i didnt eat her!!! cos it was all i could smell until she had a bath!!

About the shape changing thing. I havent really noticed it cos I never look in a mirror, but my trousers are starting to feel a bit looser and as previously posted, i got on a pair of my pre pregnancy jeans yesterday.

Although, yesterday I felt like absolute crap - I felt really sick!! But I had a lay down for 10 mins and then I felt ok again. (i also undid the button on my pre pregnancy jeans, which may have helped relieve some pressure lol)

best go - time for weigh in xxxx

How right you are about the shopping bill we looked at 3 weeks of shopping bills on our bank statement before i started LL and it came to £600 i was shocked i never realised we spent so much on food and household bits in 3 weeks on LL we have done £70 aweek amazing saving and the £600 was not including take aways we used to have well i used to have my hubby is not a take away fan.Great news Mel getting in to your pre pegnancy jeans good luck for you weignin.
And just before i go mel dose your 4 year old go on about food all the time because my daughter never stops asking when breakfast is when lunch is and dinner and always wants to eat all day long asking for food it's doing my head in i am so frightened she is going to end up like me she is only aloud from the fruit bowl or some seeds or a yogurt inbetween meals some times the odd packet of crips or packet of animal buscuits.

x x x sam x x x

Back