LL JULY STARTERS

I love the round of applause peony!!!

Had me smiling thanks peony.:)

I must admit i am not feeling so up beat today my husband has been working all the hours they are filming for a new trailer that is 3 mins long but takes 3 days to film and all the hours of each day i always feel so lonely thats when i want to eat.Also i am feeling so sad about katie starting school i will be flooding the school with tears on her first day.But i have brought a staffie puppy she is beautiful shes 3 weeks old she will be ready to collect in september can't wait she is sooooo cute so somethink to look forward to.She will keep me nice and fit with all the walks we are going to go on.Hope everyone is well.

x x x sam x x x

These are the trying times Sam, you recognise that so batten own the hatches whilst hubby is away and look forward to how proud you will be to tell him that you stayed abstinent when he gets back, when you are feeling weak just think how cra* you will feel telling him you ate while he was away. I know it's not about pleasing others but I know what a great support he is to you and I know you would feel bad if you lapsed.

So your little girl is off to School in September? I have a stay of execution till January because of when my daughter's birthday falls. Still I know how you must be feeling. It is such a shock thinking they are school age. I look at mine and although she is a bright little thing (sometimes too clever for her own good!) I just think she's too young. I guess every mum feels like that. She has been at nursery since she was 6 months old but only 3 days a week and presently just 2 and a half. To send her off for 5 solid days feels really mean! Hugs Sam x

Keep your fingers crossed for tonight's weigh in for me!

XX

All fingers and toes crossed peony x x x

i have not had a good night or day last night started off with a really bad headache then i was running to the loo then i was sick i just could not move at all if i did i felt i was going to be sick woke up this morning feeling drained still got bad head but no sickness i have had no packs today but broke plan to have 2 plain toast and water thats all i have had just don't feel good at all i am in bed resting so glad i have a laptop.Katie my daughter has been so good bless her she says she is looking after me the only time i have got up is to make her food she has been off playing on her own feel so bad.I hope i am better by thursday for weighin as i need to get double my packs this week as i am on hoilday from saturday for a week.

x x x sam x x x

Last edited:
Hey Sam - Dont feel quilty about your little one. Im sure she is just fine!! She would let you know if she wasnt!!

I hope you r feeling better soon!! xxxx

Peony - Did you have your weigh in last night?

Morning all - i had another little slip yesterday. I made a steak pie from scratch yesterday (ive never done one before) and i tasted it. It was an emotional thing, it was a practical one. I just wanted to taste my creation. I only had a couple of mouthfuls, but im not sure if this is enough to bring me out of ketosis. This is the sort of thing i find hard. I wonder if im doing this now, will i ever get to the end!!

oh well - at least im not having full meals. I have my weigh-in tonight. im looking forward to it, but now im a bit worried. i cant wait to get into the meaty part of our meetings. So far we havent got past the introductions. We have had new people start each week, so we havent actually covered much cos we dont stop talking - lol. However, it is offically wk 4 tonight, and i think she is going to put her foot down this week! We ended up setting our goals at home (well i did, my drawings were crap!!)

Hope everyone has a fab day.

only 3 more posts till i can look at pics

Hey both
5lb this week which I am blummin over the moon with. That makes 34 in 6 weeks. Would never have done this on any other plan.

Mel you need to revisit why you are doing this and refocus or you may find a couple of mouthfuls of meat pie will turn into more and before you know it you will be battling falling off the wagon completely. I don't want to sound hard but I really question why you felt the need to experiment making a new pie. Cooking is obviously a flashpoint for you. Can you takes steps to remove yourself from the process more? You have no choice in that you have to put food on the table for your family but why not make them things you can do with your eyes closed and also try and make them meals that you are not that keen on yourself. Or what about giving yourself a hand with some ready meals -it won't hurt them to eat some for a couple of months. Or choose easy options like spaghetti with mince done in a jar ragu sauce?

Look how well you did at the weekend! That was such hard work, you did so well. When you are tempted look at what you have lost so far, also a thought Sam put in another post that really struck home with me - if you don't stick to abstinence and end up losing really slowly or end up giving up imagine bumping into someone from your class in a year with them having hit target and thinking that could be you.

I am sorry if I have spoken out of turn and I know how hard it is but you are costing yourself a lot of money and heartache if you just sabotage your efforts. Sorry to go on, will shut up now ;)

Sam
So sorry to hear you are poorly :(. Keep tucked up, as Mel says don't feel guilty about your little girl. At this age they love to feel like they are helping us out so and she sounds quite contented. Keep eating as you are, you will need to get your strength back and you will be able to get back on the programme when you are well. Keep your chin up. Sounds like a horrid bug, what a pain.

Hugs to you both. Mel again, I hope I have not been unhelpful with my comments - not my intention.

XXXX

hi peony - you are a genius! u are absolutley right!! i dont know why i keep insisting on cooking new and lovely foods for my other half, when i cant have them.

it must be some sort of transferance thing!! Im cooking him stuff that i want to eat. im going to start cooking him more spicy stuff and fishy stuff (i cant stand it!)

im off to my meeting now - ill let you know how i get on.

Mel xxxx

Hey Mel
You go girl - save the delicious new meals for when you have been through maintenence and can share them too. If he's anything like most blokes, he will enjoy whatever you put in front of him as long as it is filling and not inedible lol.

:vibes:Sending you good vibes for a good weigh in tonight, as it was meat you nibbled you shouldn't (hopefully) have come out of ketosis so it shouldn't impact. (not an reason to do it again tho lol)

xxx

hi - i lost 5lb today - Thanks for support xxx

Evening ladies

just come on to say hi and see how you have both been i am so happy for you both your doing so well you really are.What great weight losses :).
On abad note i am feeling rubbish and very down i am considering giving LL up i just don't like the ups and downs all the time and being ill this week has really got to me today i have had 1 bar and 1 pack very little water but just don't feel good i weighed myself and i am 1lb more than i was last week i feel gutted i know i have no loss this week i dont see how 2 slices of plain toast and a plum could make me gain i am getting really down now about it all and it's such a shame because i started the week off 100% positive and then this has happened i feel like i have failed and that i am on pause mode.I am being convinced all around me that it's this diet thats making me ill and that i need food i know whats right but when people are in your ear and your not in the right frame of mind it gets you thinking thats why i have had to find the strengh to come online and seek help here tonight as i am on the eage of giving up and in my heart of hearts i don't want to help PLEASEEEEEEEE i am going to cry :(

much love to you peony & mel x x x sam x x x your very down buddie

Oh Sam - I am so sorry that you feel so down. I have had a few words of wisdom from a lady that lost 13 stone on LL. She claims that she remained completely off food for the entire time, but put on weight a few times. This was when she didnt drink enough water and didnt have all her food packs.

This diet is completely about 'balance'.
-If you dont have enough water then your body will keep what you have got.
- If you dont have all the food packs, your body starts to work differently
- If you have been ill in bed, your body would not need to use as much energy to survive.
- You can still get ill when eating food (infact, how many of us can say they are getting their RDA in all essential vitamins and minerals in day to day life)
- You would never loose 17lb on conventional diets in 5 weeks.

No one can convince you to stay on this diet if you dont want to. I think you are being very hard on your self. You have been unwell!!! Why not try it for another week, and see how you get on. If you are still not coping, then look for another way to loose weight (if thats what you really want)

Look back through this thread and look at the inspirational messages you have given to us over the last few weeks. You do have it in you, its just you havent been well.

good luck honey - i hope u find the strength

Mel xxx

First off, Mel - well done. Really happy for you.:)

Now Sam, you poor poor love, you have had such a *****y week haven't you.

Everything Mel has written above could have come from my mouth, I agree wholeheartedly with everything she has written.

Ultimately no one can make you do this, it is up to you to decide what is best. But you have been really poorly, so you are bound to feel down. I do feel strongly that if you decide to stop it is because you want to, not because of what the people around you want. It is very hard I know when people who are not in possession of all the facts think they know better than the experts and give you are hard time.

But you deserve to be your target weight for you, not to be big just to keep them happy, as ultimately you will not be happy. As Mel says you could be trying for years to lose the weight you want on other diets. (haven't we all tried those!?)

I can categoriclly state that you are not ill because of LL. As Mel says, the chances are your nutrition is better on packs than it ever was before, with a complete balance of what your body needs.

I was reading about swine flu yesterday as I thought dd might be showing symptoms and read that many people have presented with vomiting or diarrhea as well as other symptoms. You may well have had a touch of the pig.

I would urge you to put off making any decisions until you are feeling much better, and discount this week's weight. It takes 3500 cals to put on a pound of weight - that is a lot more than a couple of bits of toast and a plum! Your bosy is just out of kilter. I would put money on you losing substantially over the next couple of weeks if you can just stick with it a bit longer.

Keep coming here to let us know how you are getting on over the next important days.

Much much love
x

Hi Guys - I wrote my letter yesterday for my group. I put in it how it makes me feel to be fat and how i feel after i slip up. I decided to put it in an envelope in my LL bag and every time i feel like i need to 'taste' something, im goin to get it out and read it.

I hope Sam is okay!!! Where are you hun? xx

i have had to find the strengh to come online and seek help here tonight as i am on the eage of giving up and in my heart of hearts i don't want to help PLEASEEEEEEEE i am going to cry :(

much love to you peony & mel x x x sam x x x your very down buddie

Aww, sorry you are struggling.

I hope you do decide to stick with it - these rough times will pass. SOunds like you might be giving in to your chatter box,, and that is SUCH an easy trap to fall in to. You just need to try really hard to tune it out.

Look at your list of goals again - do you want to sacrifice them? You are doing so well - you really just need to turn it upside down and look on the positive side of things, not the downside.....and start with positive reenforcements. Eveyr morning wake up and say, out loud, I FEEL GREAT TODAY!!!! I CAN DO THIS!

You really can - its all about mind over matter.

Come on now - I know you WANT to do this, and you CAN do it.

CHin up pup - refocus, and GO FOR IT. It will be over befoer you know it.

At the end, you will look back and wonder why you ever thught it was such a slow process, it will amaze you. I promise.

Good luck - let us know how you are.

XX

Good morning ladies

What would i do with out you all. I tried to come online last night but my laptop would not work got it going this morning.I have put my chatter box back in it's box and i am feeling much better today.
The scales have been thrown out as i find they determin my mood most days so they are gone.On a really good note i lost 3lbs i am over the moon to have lost this week also we were measured last night and i have lost a massive 13 inches in 5 weeks 6 off my bust 3 off my waist and 4 off my hips i always used to say to my hubby all the other women are losing big numbers and he has always said its not the numbers it's the inches and he was right there are a few women in my group who have lost over 2 stones but there inches were smaller it's really opened my eyes because i have pulled in smaller weights but i have lost the most inches how dose that work ?.
I have double my packs for hoilday and i am determined to say 100% on it i have even looked up the activities there is at the site were i am going and have signed up for the aqua aerobics in the mornings and bike hire.I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all you have kept me going you really have.Big hugs to you all

love a much happier more positive x x x sam x x x

Hello Lovely Girls
Just sneaking on quick whilst hubby makes his and dd's lunch - he is working from home today so I don't get a look in on the computer.

Mel - the letter sounds like it was a powerful exercise for you. It will be really useful if you use it as you say.

BL - hey you, you are looking beautiful in your latest photos, you have come so far, really inspiring.

Sam
So pleased you are feeling more positive my love. Was really really happy to read your last post. Well done on the loss, and yes, the inches do count - and your inch loss beats mine into a tin cup. ( I am wondering where my inches are coming off as the clothes are too big but the bust,waist,hip inch losses are not very big! - am about to have to stop wearing wedding and engagement ring though. And my necklace hangs down lower too. Ha ha I will be some tiny fingered, skinny necked, massive hipped enormous boobed freak. lol. (Making myself laugh picturing it!)

Have a great weekend all.

XXXXXXXXXX

Back