LL JULY STARTERS

My little girl would live on peanut butter sandwiches and toast if we would let her!! But she tells me ALL the time she is hungry. I think it is boredom, so i do worry she will have my weight problem.

However, I also only let her have fruit, yogurt, ham or crabsticks as a snack. I dont really keep 'naughty' stuff in the house. She may have the ocassional jaffa cake with her lunch if shes lucky!! I try to give her healthy food. however, my mum did that with me, and i still eat crap, so i think its whatever will be will be!!

oh, and i lost 4 lb tonight

Well done mel another great weight loss your flying.
me next will check in tomorrow to let you all know
night night.

x x x sam x x x

Good eveing all

well i lost another 3lbs i am very happy about that as i needed 2lbs to a stone and 3lbs to take me to my next stone under.I now feel like i have lost a stone over night is so nice to see 14st 13lbs on the scales instead of 16st oh i am a happy lady tonight.this time last year i was 18st.

how are you all doing and feeling ?

x x x sam x x x

WELL DONE SAM!!!! You r well on your way to becoming a skinny minny!!

I feel a bit bad today, I caved AGAIN and had a few spoonfuls of spag bol while i was cooking it. I dont know why I do it to myself. I am determined again today and am trying to move on from it.

Id better keep busy!!

Hey Sam, you have hit your 1st goal, what bike r u going to get?!?

Well i am going to get an apollo bike halfords has a limited edition out at the moment might go get it today but i was treated by hubby last night to a tiffany bracelet bless him i feel like i am draining his wallet. Mel dont beat yourself up about the few mouthfuls of spag bowl it's not abig deal i think if you do lapse while on this plan it's an eye opener to your food habbits and addictions and you can only learn from that and change for the better i would say the percentage of people lapsing on LL is higher than thoses who dont keep your chin up hun your 1st 6lbs lighter in 3 weeks what an achivment.How is the cup cake making going did you take alook at katies 4th birthday in my albums there you can see what a great cup cake maker im not lol as i cheated and went to costcos lol.

hope every one eles is doing ok to big hugs all round have a great weekend everyone.

x x x sam x x x

I still feeling really crappy!!! It took everything I had last night not to order a chinese! I think its because I feel so lonely. My other half has gone off fishing and my 4 year old has turned into the devil. The stress doesnt help. I thought I would feel great this morning for being so strong last night, but i dont.

the only thing keeping me going is the weight i have already lost and the money i have spent!!

I have tried to look at your pics, but I cant work out how to look at your album. Maybe u need to add me as a buddy?

Hello lovely girls
Hubby has been hogging pc playing Championship Manager every evening and have been too busy to log on during work time. Thanks for your support over the 2lb thing, you are great. In the end I looked at the bigger picture - Have lost over a stone and a half in a month and that can't be bad can it?

Well done to you Sam and Mel on your losses. Way to girl girlies! And don't beat yourself up over your laps Mel - just climb back on. You know LL works for you - look at your loss so far - just try and keep that in mind when you are next tempted.

Totally know where you are both coming from re your 4 year olds. Mine seems to have a tape worm at the moment. I have always done the same sort of thing as you seem to - Organix grape sweetened alphabet biscuits/raisins/grapes/strawberries. I started cutting down on these snacks when I started this as was worried about her weight but realised I was being silly when I weighed and measured her and according to the NHS website worked out she was actually at the lightest end of normal - much lighter and she'd have been underweight!

I guess we are so concious of our daughters not having the problems we have had. We have to be careful not to overcompensate. My feeling is that the fact that we are aware of our own issues and are dealing with them will have the knock on effect that they won't be passed on anyway.

I am so glad I am doing this now and not when she is older and more questioning of what I am doing and why. I just want to be a nice slim role model eating healthy food, the occasional treat, all in moderation.

Keep up your efforts girls, speak soon.
xxxx

hiya all

My little girl keeps saying is that your special dinner they are so clever.Not herd from any one over the last few days i know Mel you have been on the lighterlife site whats happened to every one else ?

x x x sam x x x

Hi Sam

Went a bit mental and had a massive chinese saturday night!! I was on my own and really wanted one. I felt really sick, I was ill and just thought, 'i need to eat'. I dont feel guilty, but I havent had the guts to tell anyone either, so i know its probably wrong.

Needless to say, im not looking forward to this weeks weigh in.!!!

Hi mel
Well your not alone hun i went to my nans saturday and she made me dinner the worst kind a fry up and i was weak and ate it and i enjoyed it and i too don't feel guilty but i have learned a lesson and i will try my hardest not to do it again my nan seems to think i need feeding lol.Any way i hope your ok now just get back on track we can do this.

x x x sam x x x

Hi - its nice to know im not the only 'imperfect' one! Ive been feeling really sick today, and i havent lost any weight this week (official weigh in is tomorrow). I think its because of the chinky...im going into ketosis again, so im having all the crappy side effects.

apparently not drinking enough water makes u feel sick too, as does drinking too much lol....who knows!

ive been very good though. no more slip ups.

mel x

Aww sorry to hear your not feeling to good mel i must say when i lost 3 stone on slimming world i just could not eat chinese any more always made me sick i think it's all the fat as we always had the most greasy stuff. So it seems we have both learnt some think this week it could make us stronger i go through days when i want to give up but then i come on here and i see every one else getting on and doing it and i think i can to so i carry on.Your not alone at all mate so keep your chin up and look to the healthy future your going to have and what a super dupa fit mummy your daughter is going to have come and pick her up from school because lets face it no one whats to be the fat mum at the school gates.

take care

x x x sam x x x

Don't beat yourselves up, learn from it and move on. You started this for a blummin good reason, don't lose sight of it. You have worked really hard and you can get back on the horse and get it working for you again. Don't give up, use it to make you stronger.

On a fab note, week five weigh in was 6lbs! YAY! am so happy as it brings total to 2 stone 1 lb lost in 5 weeks! I learned a lesson about stressing over low losses - the body is a strange thing. Even though you put the same fuel in it and do the same things one week it can hold on to the water and one week not. But it will work as long as you keep at it.

Had a chat about the workings of the body and random losses with counsellor last night. She said that it WILL work (so both of you take heed and stop sabotaging yourselves :D) She said the maths means that it must:

We need 2000 cal (av) just to exist each day...
We are only getting 500 from our packs...
We must get the 1500 balance from our body fat...
One pound is worth 3500 calories...
Over a week we are getting 10,500 from our body fat...
10,500/3500= 3lb loss average over the weeks.

She stressed that the only fixed thing is the 500 cal in from packs which is why it is important to try and stay on the straight and narrow. If you do, you will reach your target. - You will if you break abstinence too, but you have to be prepared for it to take much longer.

Here endeth the lesson.....;)

Sorry but I love all the theory. Also she said that sometimes the body holds on to water and sometimes it doesn't and that is why the scales can show small losses, but you WILL be losing weight. She said that if you notice you are weeing less over a day or so and still drinking the same that this is when it is holding the water and you are likely to have a lower loss on the scales.

Keep at it ladies. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

xxxx

Hey peony

6lbs :) thats a fantasic loss i am sending a virtual hug your way.
What it is with me peony is i am looking at the big losses every one eles is getting and im thinking how come i can only pull in 3lbs i know we are all different and so on but i just cant help feeling why me but like you have said 3lbs is what i should be lossing. It just all got to much over the weekend and i sliped up big mistake as everyday from saturday has been hard to get back on track i really need to talk to my counsellor as i have problems i need to address and get rid of for the rest of my life i think i may be depressed as all i want to do is stay in bed not good when your mum to a beautiful 4 year old who watches every think you do.Yesterday we went ice skating and i laughed so much had loads of fun then when we got home my energy was 0 i could not lift my arms i was so weak i had to lay down iv just felt really crappy this week and having my monthly has not helped at all.I am amazed at your loss in 5 weeks you must be feeling great.Well it's weigh in time tomorrow mel is today lets hope we have lost some think and move on and become stronger from it.

x x x Sam x x x

Hey Sam
(((((hugs))))) to you
I know how you feel - I think this diet brings with it swinging highs and crashing lows. And I also know that TOTM has a massive impact on me mentally diet or no diet. I used to have days where I would find myself in floods of tears driving to work and not be able to say why. It was deffo worse when I was due on. I had some expensive CBT sessions paid for by my then company and I am better able to manage my moods (not always tho ;)). It's one of the reasons I chose LL, cos I know how powerful CBT can be.

You had a dodgy weekend - most likely because you were feeling low hormonally, and added to that the fact that this diet IS BLUMMIN HARD. and yesterday also you expended all your energy iceskating don't forget you only have 500 cals going in so you will feel whacked after exercising. Just think that will go toward cancelling out your weekend hiccup. Please don't give yourself a hard time. Try and accept you are going through a tough patch. I felt really rubbish about LL last week - I think there are going to be these ups and downs. You are such a lovely girl, you will get down at times but you have a great support system around you and you can do it.
Really try and keep at the front of your mind that the main reason for falling off the wagon and why you are feeling so low and flat is hormonal. x

Re the 3 lbs, maybe re-frame in your mind your weekly goals. Yes a lot of people have enormous losses regularly, but a lot have smaller ones and still get to goal so much faster than via other routes. 3lb is supposed to be the norm so you are doing great. And your weekly average is 5lb so don't be disheartened. I have a log of my previous attempts to lose weight on Weightwatchers. The last time I did it it took me 7 weeks to lose the 15 pounds you have lost in 3 weeks!!!!! You are doing fab, don't lose sight of that. And if this weeks weigh in isn't as you would like don't let it put you off, just set your sights on the following week's loss when you will have had a fully abstinent week.

xxxxxxxxx

PS Had a quick look at your albums. Your LighterLife Pack Travel Photos made me howl!!! xxx

Also...........
the bigger you are the more calories you use just existing, which explains why often people with more to lose, can seem to have bigger losses.... another nugget from my counsellor.

Aww peony you make me laugh your so wise i am going to be more positive and get myself back on track.When i look in the mirror i do see a change in my shape but what my husband says is so right i seem to get to 15st and i cant get much lower than that it seems to take me a while to push through it but i will get there i can see i am going to do it and i have never had that before.

x x x Sam x x x

Back