LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Nicky,
Don't dread the diet it will, I promise, be the best thing you have ever done. The water is a dodle!! As it is quite cold I often heat a pint up in the microwave for one minute or have sparkling water.
I wish you lots of luck and please keep posting on here so that you know that you are not alone.
Tomorrow is the start of a brand new you. A fantastic magical adventure!!
xx

Hi Stardreamer,
Thanks alot for your encouragement. I find it all a bit scary and at the same time I'm quite excited. Well done to you for loosing so much. You must be really pleased. Thanks also for the water tip. Can't wait. I'll let you know how I get on.

Oh and I wanted to put a weight tracker in so here goes.

weight.png

Sorry I'm still new to all this but if it helps with the diet it's worth persisting. Please bear with me!

i find the easiest way to drink my water is to have it tepid, and in a squirty bottle, read this in a LL mag, im on day 3 of preporation 790 cals and i can drink 4 l water a day no problems, iv tried this diet b4 and struggled with 2 ltrs a day!

Pixie - i read earlier that you passed out unsure if its related to the diet, when i first tried this diet i was very dizzy, and headachey, (i wasnt taking enough water aswell) but my CDC has this time started me on the preporation stage to stop the effects being so dramatic, iv been doing it 3 days now 3 shakes (im 5f 8 so have an extra meal shake) and i have suffered with no effects, the eve meal is 175g chicken and 3 spoons veg, to be honest iv not been hungry atall and had no side effects.

if your due to restart soon maby its worth discussing this with your CDC?

hello its already January and i'm waiting to start Lighter life. I have been ready to start when i saw my sister lose 2 stone in 3 weeks.She wouldn't tell me why such dranmatic weight loss for fear of negativity. I have spoke to LL counsellor today who tells me she is waiting for more new clients to start a new group. So if your considering joining in South Birmingham I can't wait to join....

Hi Nicky

I have found it really easy preparing meals for hubby and my daughter and I am not tempted to eat anything yet! I am just going into day 6. I am not hungry havent been since Day 2.

I drink between 5 - 6 litres of water with no problem ( I actually like my water straight from the fridge but I think this is due to a habit I got into in Oz every cold drink I had prior to LL was from the fridge). I find I am waking thirsty if I dont have a bottle of water with me.

You will be fine. I am getting to the stage where I am not even thinking about food. Off to my mums for lunch today armed with a soup but I dont mind she knows what I am doing even if she doesnt agree.

I can tell my clothes are feeling better on today too!!!

Cant wait for my weigh in on tuesday

Good luck you will be fine

Jo

PS Not allowed the flavours till next week I might try them just for something different

Another day done!

Really pleased I got through Saturday without lapsing. I have not lapsed since the first day and so have completed 2 full days of abstinence, which was a challenge to say the least. I feel much better and much more posiive today, and becoming stronger to fight the demon food obsession I seem to have developed.

I am going to to do this!!! After all that water my skin feels clearer and smoother, a but like the pregnant glow you get.

Keep going everyone, the support here is fantastic and really spurs me on.

xx

Hi guys!
Its my first day back on LL today Im really excited!
Sad I know!
I went to see my counsellor yesterday and I have only put 4lbs back on over xmas of the 14lbs I lost in the couple of weeks before so I feel a bit better about it now :D
Good luck to y'all!
x

good luck pixie - I have the joy of starting tomorrow (wonder how I will feel in a weeks time)

Mindless, in a weeks time you'll be feeling Fabulous!!

Sorry but I can't remember who it was but the lady who 'only' lost 2 pounds.... probably you will find you will catch up with the others by the end of your first week, even if you don't, please remember 2 pounds is actually quite a lot of weight anyway! I think we forget that on this diet as we are too busy looking for that huge fast loss!

I have found my losses to be erratic, so don't be disheartened, it surprises you sometimes and jumps from slow to fast and back again!

Good Luck everybody!!!!

Mags
xxx

I've started - Hooray (I think!)

:) Well after saying that I was going to start after having chicken for lunch, we ended up going out for lunch and I had a Caesar salad. That was about 2 hours ago, the family have gone out and I was thinking about what I can nibble on. No, I did promise myself I would start today (since I have 7 packs spare until meeting on Tuesday). So, I have started on a 2 litre bottle of mineral water. Wheheyhey I am now on my Lighter Life journey! I am officially member of the club. Can't wait to see the results.

I'm glad to hear Jo that you are managing O.K. and even going with the family for lunch. Well done I hope it was alright.

This forum is great and it is nice knowing that there are so many of you out there who are going through the same feelings. Keep up the good work everyone!!

Well day 5 went well. I went swimming for an hour this morning. Normally after swimming I am starving but not today. I went for lunch to my mums and sat and ate soup while everyone tucked into roast dinner. I was fine. They all drank wine and kept saying what a good bottle it was and I sat and sipped my mineral water. Not even tempted. I keep thinking I am paying too much for this diet to let myself down!!!!! It has to work to compensate for the huge expense.

Cant wait for tuesday night weigh in

Jo

Hello again

Another day done - 3 days of total abstinence & it is getting easier, cooked my family a meal, sat and ate my soup whilst they tucked into roast dinner. I swear I am actually starting to enjoy the soups. I feel thinner today, and have so much energy, did a post xmas spring clean, built up a real sweat it was so invigorating!

Looking forard to seeing the results on Wednesday weigh in - hopefully will be firmly in ketosis and the pounds will start to fall off.

Hope everyone else is doing ok
xx

Morning all.

Well it's day 5 for me today and I actually feel the worst I have felt since I started. I have no energy at all, found it so hard to get out of bed this morning!!

I did a 10.5 hour shift behind the bar yesterday (helping a friend out) and was so pleased I resisted all temptation, I was a big wine drinker you see. I have only told a very small handful of people what I am doing and those that don't know kept laughing at me with my water in hand!! Abstaining was so much easier than I thought it was going to be even when my god father offered me a roated chestnut (my favorite) - he looked at me, totally bemused as to why I had refused, I just told him I had toothache!!;)

Towards the afternoon yesterday I had a very interesting couple of hours where I went totally scatty, it was like being tipsy. I walked into things, couldn't remember anything, playing a game I just couldn't grasp what was going on, it was totally weird. One of my closest friends turned round to me and asked me if it was possible to get drunk on so much water, I wonder:rolleyes: Has anyone else experienced this?

I am starting IVF once I reach my goal and am doing this diet to give myself and DH the best possible chance of having a baby. If I am fit and healthy then I can't blame myself if we fail!

My clothes are definately feeling better, I can't wait until I can just grab anything out of the wardrobe, put it on and feel great, 95 days to go!!!!:eek:

Well in ketosis today, stick was really pink this morning. I have not had a pack yet today as not hungry at all, will go and make one soon and force it down!!

My darling husband is being so supportive, he keeps telling me how proud he is that I have stuck to it so far. My 9 year old is being great to but we have to keep it quite low key with her as I don't want her to suddenly become obsessed with her own body. We have told her that I am doing this to be as fit and healthy for her new baby brother/sister as possible and that is the only reason, she seems to be happy with this.

Back at work today and have a mountain to do but want to stay on here all day, it really helps to put things down in writing.

Long post i know, sorry, just some stuff I needed to get down.

have a great day peeps;)
Taniaxxx

P.S I am posting this on my diary thread as well just so you don't think I have gone mad, or had another scatty incident!!!!!

Hi
I am going into my 5th day and I feel awful this morning and woke with chest pains and feeling really really tired. I am still not hungry though, which I find quite amazing.

Now you come to mention it though, I was being a bit scatty/clumsy yesturday, I dropped a bowl of my sons food on the floor and knocked a glass over & bumped into the door. All fairly unusual behaviour for me.

I had a mad post xmas spring clean and really worked up a sweat yesturday, so perhaps I have just overdone things a little.

I don't know if I am in ketosis as yet as will not find out until my meeting on Wed as have no sticks at home. I am resisting the urge to weigh myself.

Good luck with the IVF - I am too losing weight to have another baby, luckily I do not have to go through IVF though. I have about 5 stone to lose - I put alot of weight on after my son was born (although was already on a slippery slope) and I developed pre-eclampsia whilst pregnant and although they did not say it was my weight that was the cause - I am pretty sure it was and I really do not want to risk it again. So I am getting all slim fit & healthy so I give myself the best possible chance.

My friend has just got pregnant for the second time through IVF and is expecting twins - which is great!

Sorry for the long reply, it just helps to chat about the diet
and know we are all in the same boat.

X

Please don't apologise for the long reply, I love and need to hear about how everyone else is dong, feeling.

Thats fantastic news about your friend, I bet she is over the moon.:D

Please feel free to PM me when ever you want, I am always here (not to much work getting done):eek: All of my friends are slim and beautiful and I have always been the fat one of the group!! (Not for much longer I hope) So they don't understand what it's like making it difficult for me to chat with them about how I feel etc

This forum is fantastic for motivation and advice, I don't think I could have been so positive about the whole LL thing without it.

As i mentioned to you on another thread, please please get yourself checked out. I am sure there is nothing wrong but you need to do it for your own piece of mind. I am going to the doctors in 5 mins as I am worried about something lower down in my chest, well bottom of my ribs really. I am going to see him to put my mind at ease as I don't want any niggling worries to wreck my good state of mind at the moment.

Will be back in about 30 mins, speak to you soon.

Much love xxxxx

Have a great day xxxxx

Hi tootsie

Thanks for your message, I am going to Drs tomorrow, although the pain has gone now, would rather get it checked out to give me peace of mind.

I too love hearing about other people's stories and this forum is fantastic, the support is great, I found it by accident and am so glad I did.

For me, I was always slim until about 6 years ago when I started earning more money and eating out too regularly and enjoying fine dining and wine a little bit too much!! Combined with a very sedentary life style the pounds and then stones started to creep on. Then I became pregnant, stopped smoking and I was then spiralling out of control with my eating and weight.

I also developed post natal depression and so my eating and drinking increased as a way of blocking out my misery - I still am unsure as to whether I am fat because I am depressed or I am depressed becuase I am fat. - hoping the councelling will iron that one out (lol)

I would have a minor success with other diets, but it seemed to get harder and harder to shift the pounds. I don't know exactly what has happened I almost feel I have woken up as a fat person and seen myself how others see me for the first time.

The most defining moment for me and the point where I thought - it has to be now, was when I was pointing out people in a photo to my 2yr old and he was able to point out daddy, nanna, grandad, uncles & aunts, but on on old photo of me he did not recognise me. I had not felt I looked different, but then when people who I had not seen for a long time would look shocked when they saw me and you could tell it was down to the weight I had put on, they would not say anything but for me the penny started to drop.

2007 is my year, the year I am going to turn my life around. I have promised myself that I am going to get slim, fit & healthy, get a new job following my passion and aim to be pregnant by the end of the year - phew!!! not sure a new employer would be too chuffed about that one but hey ho!!

Anyway that my story!!! Heres to success in 2007

xx

Great forum. I do have a concern though and please dont think im trying to bring negativity to the site. I've read through quite a lot of posts on this particular conversation and quite a few of the people popping in to say hi say they are returning memebers of LL. There are more than I expected actually. What does that mean. Why is this number of people 'failing' at the diet. It makes me a bit wary. Any answers on this and any advice would be most appreciated

I do think it is a good thing and a positive thing this LL diet. So far so good for me though. I joined Lighterlife Tuesday 2nd January and during my day 4 'drop in session' I had lost 11.5ilbs so fingers crossed for a full stone lost by the end of my first week (weigh in tommorrow)

Great forum. I do have a concern though and please dont think im trying to bring negativity to the site. I've read through quite a lot of posts on this particular conversation and quite a few of the people popping in to say hi say they are returning memebers of LL. There are more than I expected actually. What does that mean. Why is this number of people 'failing' at the diet. It makes me a bit wary. Any answers on this and any advice would be most appreciated

I do think it is a good thing and a positive thing this LL diet. So far so good for me though. I joined Lighterlife Tuesday 2nd January and during my day 4 'drop in session' I had lost 11.5ilbs so fingers crossed for a full stone lost by the end of my first week (weigh in tommorrow)

Hi ponseta,

It all depends on your definition of failure.:rolleyes:

Most of us with a lot of weight to lose are on a weight loss journey and know that we did not get here over night and as such it will take time to lose our weight and deal with the reasons behind it.

Some do manage of course to stick with it and get to their goal without any slip or slides and some like myself fall off the wagon time and again due to a variety of reasons...from flu's to family crisis and just falling down and giving into temptation and then others just feel like a break from doing their diet.

But we all hold the belief that if we keep on going that one day we will get to goal.:)

Here is a link to Before and After photos of those that have made it...

http://www.minimins.com/night-shift-workers-forum/3333-before-after-photo-thread-inspiration.html

Love Mini xxx

Back