Looking different

slinky1131

A friend whom I haven't seen for about 6months walked right past me today! Granted my hair is quite different but it was the weight loss that she commented on. It feels extremely satisfying that all the blood sweat and tears (which there has been many) is paying off!

I actually don't like it when someone doesn't recognise me... I think it's because i'm still me and also it's awkward to tell someone who you are when they know you...

Yes it was a little embarrassing however as soon as she realised it was me everything was like it was before. I WANTED to change the exterior drastically and I feel I've done that. Tbh the interior has changed quite a lot as well being on this plan. I do know wot u mean tho

I'm off out in a minute to a yearly event. I suspect that quite a few people won't recognise me and I'll have to go through the whole weight loss conversation over and over as I'm 7.5 stones less than this time last year... I guess it's a good problem to have though!

Of course it is you have done fantastically well. I do think after being big for so long there is a part of us who just wants to blend in. Not stand out for a change. Just be "normal". You enjoy yourself. At least slipping into your LBD will be a lot easier at this weight!!

I've changed my hair colour from almost black to blonde and this is what people comment about! "Ooh I didn't recognise you (I wait for the lovely comment about weight loss...) with your hair that colour, it suits you". ;)

slinky1131 said:
A friend whom I haven't seen for about 6months walked right past me today! Granted my hair is quite different but it was the weight loss that she commented on. It feels extremely satisfying that all the blood sweat and tears (which there has been many) is paying off!

I cant wait for the day i have enough weight off for that to happen : ) it. Goes to show you how much you must have changed aready (on fon so cant see stats) also planning to try blonde when i have 2 stone off. Ive always bn red/brown but would love to try blonde xx

weasey said:
I'm off out in a minute to a yearly event. I suspect that quite a few people won't recognise me and I'll have to go through the whole weight loss conversation over and over as I'm 7.5 stones less than this time last year... I guess it's a good problem to have though!

Wow 7.5st go you. Youll be the bell of the ball. Hope you have a lovely time & enjoy all the nice comments your bound to get you deserve them xx

Ha, it happens to me too but I also see people who do recognise me, but I can see them almost do a double take as they take in that I've lost weight :)

Back from the event now. It's amazing how people will pretend to know who you are when you obviously recognise them! I had to tell a number of people that I'd lst a significant amount of weigh before they did a double take and realised who I was! Got a bit of sadistic pleasure out of it!

Weasey, it sounds as though you had fun. I bet they were talking to you thinking that thay knew you from somewhere but couldn't place you as the image they had in their head didn't match the person in front. Great to mess with peoples minds for a couple of hours!

I did have a nice time thanks guys! I even chatted to some people who don't know me and didn't have to talk to them about diets! I also had a good catchup with a friend of mine. All in all a great evening was had.

Back