Looking for a buddy

Hey Larissa, thanks so much for reply am so happy to hopefully have a buddy! I am not very proficient with this site but, have tried to follow you and if I can I will message directly. The struggle is real🥴 I did well yesterday and once again fell down today. It will be so good to have a buddy as, am hoping it will give me that push to behave & vice versa. How are you finding first day?

Hiya! 👋
Well done yesterday (probably the day before yesterday now!). What happened to make you fall down? I've been really hungry and reading about keto diets to figure out what I should have as my meal once a day. I have had half a bar this evening (I'm just doing 4 products to get me started) so have a half a bar left but might just have a full product instead. What plan are you doing?

Hey, thanks so much for reply. I am trying to do Exante again. Is that the same as yourself? I have also done CD many moons ago. I tend to do all or nothing. Just this time am not sure if it is my thyroid, health issues etc or just being that “age” but, am struggling to get started this time. Hence reaching out and hoping to be accountable 🤣 So, are you looking to do the meal as something that won’t interrupt ketosis or just a calorie counted meal? Hope that makes sense. Still can’t quite figure out how to message you directly 🤦🏻‍♀️ Anyways, the fact you are doing so well is an inspiration and I promise the hunger subsides. I found in past it gets even hard to get the 4 replacements in. Are you managing to keep up liquid intake ok? I am going to start again today no excuses. Perhaps we can have our own little weekly weigh in or something to keep us on track. If you figure out how to message in a less open forum pls let me know. If you need anything I am here 😊
Hiya! 👋
Well done yesterday (probably the day before yesterday now!). What happened to make you fall down? I've been really hungry and reading about keto diets to figure out what I should have as my meal once a day. I have had half a bar this evening (I'm just doing 4 products to get me started) so have a half a bar left but might just have a full product instead. What plan

Yes! I am also doing Exante. I am trying to do the 800 plan but decided it would be easier, after reading some forums, to just do 4 products. I'm struggling with the hunger. Yesterday I had 4 products and added half a bar. Today will probably be the same. It's only an extra 100 calories and low carb. Yes, I am mostly concerned with the carbs and keeping them low to stay in ketosis. I've done calorie counting before and it works well for me at 1200 so I don't mind going up to 1000 on this, as long as the carbs are low. I do exercise and have quite an active job (driving) so I don't want to make myself ill in deficit. Are you also doing the 800 plan? I struggle with the idea of creating a 'meal' for 200 cals! I'm fine on liquids. 1L by 12, another by 5, one more by about 7/8pm and the last helps me to avoid snacking before bed! I would normally weigh on a Friday but I was considering going the whole 4 weeks before weighing. Do you have a weigh day? I have tried messaging you but I have had no joy either! Thank you! ☺️

Yes! I am also doing Exante. I am trying to do the 800 plan but decided it would be easier, after reading some forums, to just do 4 products. I'm struggling with the hunger. Yesterday I had 4 products and added half a bar. Today will probably be the same. It's only an extra 100 calories and low carb. Yes, I am mostly concerned with the carbs and keeping them low to stay in ketosis. I've done calorie counting before and it works well for me at 1200 so I don't mind going up to 1000 on this, as long as the carbs are low. I do exercise and have quite an active job (driving) so I don't want to make myself ill in deficit. Are you also doing the 800 plan? I struggle with the idea of creating a 'meal' for 200 cals! I'm fine on liquids. 1L by 12, another by 5, one more by about 7/8pm and the last helps me to avoid snacking before bed! I would normally weigh on a Friday but I was considering going the whole 4 weeks before weighing. Do you have a weigh day? I have tried messaging you but I have had no joy either! Thank you! ☺️
You are doing so well and the hunger will subside for sure. I agree it is difficult to find foods and ideas. I am not sure of the rules on here so, in case, if you type in: what can I eat while on break during vlcd there is info on the Optifast site. This may be useful as the principal is similar (I think). If you should get any constipation they also sell an add in supplement on a very convenient site :) there is another one called Benefiber but, that can be pricey. They also do water flavouring. Not sure if you have seen that? Flavoured coffee is nice too if you drink that. I used to do Exante when it was 600 cal. I have started today and will have 4 and see how I go. I burn very little in cals as, I struggle with Fibro & other issues so, movement and exercise isn’t really an option. Makes it tough with meds and thyroid to lose weight. I am hoping not to get too defeated so, monthly weigh in works. Lord knows weighing every day has been depressing & scale is always going up! 😂 If we say Apr 6th and I will hide my scales? X

See this is so lovely and so helpful, thank you! Mini is really easy going and I'm sure would welcome people helping each other out! I did get some Psyllium husk to help me stay regular but I've not needed it yet.
April 6th sounds like a fab plan! My Exante packets will probably run out before then and I may kill someone for some real food too! How is today going?

See this is so lovely and so helpful, thank you! Mini is really easy going and I'm sure would welcome people helping each other out! I did get some Psyllium husk to help me stay regular but I've not needed it yet.
April 6th sounds like a fab plan! My Exante packets will probably run out before then and I may kill someone for some real food too! How is today going?
Aww you are so welcome. I am probably telling you stuff you already know. However, if you do have any questions I am right here😊 I am exactly the same as you today. Even the dogs dinner looks appealing at this stage lmfao 🤣 I am envious you are out and about and I hope it is a good distraction for you? I am trying my best to distract myself here tbh. It really helps having you on here though for sure! Nothing else has helped so far. Just hope I can keep it up x

Hi Zeus, absolutely happy and grateful to have another buddy and I’m sure Larissa will say the same! 😊 This weight loss journey is no joke🤦🏻‍♀️ I myself am not that far in either so, defo happy to support in any way I can. Can I ask are you having the bars at all?

Aww you are so welcome. I am probably telling you stuff you already know. However, if you do have any questions I am right here😊 I am exactly the same as you today. Even the dogs dinner looks appealing at this stage lmfao 🤣 I am envious you are out and about and I hope it is a good distraction for you? I am trying my best to distract myself here tbh. It really helps having you on here though for sure! Nothing else has helped so far. Just hope I can keep it up x
Even if you don't keep it up, stick around and don't get too hung up on doing the plan perfectly. Even if you substitute one meal a day with a shake, you will at worst, stop things getting any worse! Best case scenario, you lose nice and slowly. I don't think Exante will put me in keto. There are 20g carbs in each packet - 4 a day is 80g of carbs a day. I've read that you need to be under 50... I'm just happy to be able to easily stay under 1000 and the products aren't awful. I will give it the month and see. I am certainly more focused on the feel of my body without the preoccupation with the scales! I caved and had steak when I got home. 150g Steak and Asparagus, under 10g carbs and around 200 cal, actually works out better than a product! Going out isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are people out there...

Hi! Are you happy to have another buddy? You two sound like you have lots of useful info ☺️ I just started on Sunday, and have a terrible headache today, despite drinking about 3 litres of water so far today!

For sure @Zeus☺️
I had the worst headache yesterday but it is gone today after a long sleep. I think I started Saturday. I'm sure it'll pass but I really don't want to encourage you to continue if it's unsuitable for you!
I'm finding the hunger easier to manage today too so maybe some light at the end of the tunnel!

I will defo be doing everything to stay on track this time. Especially, with the awesome support, think that was really missing for me. I have for sure entered ketosis in the past back when it was 600cal. You could try adding in a product called Premium Pure C8 oil. Again on that overly popular site🤣 I bet that steak was bloody gorgeous?! tbf you have an active job so, will prob still be in calorie deficit which I think you said you wanted to avoid. Do you have one of those watches or apps to monitor? What is the world like out there lol? Lockdown is absolutely no different to my normal life! Hope work week hasn’t been too stressful so far, especially, when you feel hangry and there are idiots on the roads 😆

Thank you both so much! Hoping the headache will go by tomorrow! So far I’ve been having one of the pancake or porridge packs for breakfast, a mid-day ‘burst’ drink, a shake at lunch... by about 5pm I am starving (which is tricky because I wouldn’t normal eat my dinner until 7.30-8pm!). Then I have some ‘real food’ (have been eating Turkey or ham, eggs, green veg) and then a cup of tea and a bar about 9pm. How about you both? I really look forward to the bar 😂 and I’ve not been feeling hungry until about 5, but then I’m hungry most of the evening, until I’ve had a bar. Worst thing (apart from the headache) is I’m thinking about food constantly. I hope that wears off. And no cheats... yet!

Hi! Are you happy to have another buddy? You two sound like you have lots of useful info ☺️ I just started on Sunday, and have a terrible headache today, despite drinking about 3 litres of water so far today!
Also, just to add that if you only started Sun it will prob take around 5 days and all the side effects should subside. It is the body adjusting to not having sugar and detoxing. If having bars make sure you add in extra fluids and water is on top of tea/coffee not inclusive. As Larissa stated, if you feel perhaps after that it is still an issue perhaps adjust diet plan or try something else.

I will defo be doing everything to stay on track this time. Especially, with the awesome support, think that was really missing for me. I have for sure entered ketosis in the past back when it was 600cal. You could try adding in a product called Premium Pure C8 oil. Again on that overly popular site🤣 I bet that steak was bloody gorgeous?! tbf you have an active job so, will prob still be in calorie deficit which I think you said you wanted to avoid. Do you have one of those watches or apps to monitor? What is the world like out there lol? Lockdown is absolutely no different to my normal life! Hope work week hasn’t been too stressful so far, especially, when you feel hangry and there are idiots on the roads 😆
Oh I am definitely in deficit! I only had a meagre 750 calories today! I'm surprised I've not eaten my leg but I'm not feeling too bad. Headache now but I've had a long day. Oh that's nice. I've found that stuff has become more accessible for those who are normally quite restricted so there are positives in everything!

@Zeus☺️ I'm doing shake for breakfast and lunch, 'real' food and then a bar last thing. So 3 products and a meal. I was a bit more flexible in the first few days as they say the keto flu isn't as bad if you take magnesium and slowly make the change.

Tired now. See you all in the morning! 😴 Sleep well

Morning, hope you slept well! Headache gone today which is a relief, hope it doesnt come back later. Just had the maple syrup pancakes for breakfast. Taste nice but always make a mess of my pan 😂 also had the peanut butter bar last night which I’d been looking forward to as I love peanut butter but I wasn’t a fan. So far birthday cake and white chocolate and raspberry have been my favourites. Hope you both have a good day.

Back