Looking for a buddy

Morning! A 1lb loss for me this week, not too bad as I was beginning to think it would be no lose. Hoping it doesn’t slow to 1lb a week though as I have a way to go 😂

Hope you all have lovely Sundays x
Oh @Zeus☺️ well done! You're always such a breath of fresh air and you are really inspiring! Thank you for being here xx

Oh @Zeus☺️ well done! You're always such a breath of fresh air and you are really inspiring! Thank you for being here xx
Ah thank you, that’s so lovely!! And same to you too, it’s really helping me having you to chat to on here - and it keeps me accountable as I don’t want to let you down 😂

off to do some gardening now - in the rain 😬😂

Glad to see you're both doing so well @Larissa and @Zeus☺️

I'm still here, plodding along. Not been posting much because of other things going on in my life. But still sticking with the diet.

Official weekly result is 2 pounds off which I'm made up with because its TOTM. I always put on water weight and it makes me super hangry the days beforehand. I'm amazed I've been able to stick to it in that time.

I'm going to order some of the bars and other products i think for a change. I've still got plenty of my 100 shakes to get through! Hubby is inspired by my determination and threatening to do it with me.

@Caroline1980 well done! I follow some accounts on Instagram where people are doing exante, someone posted a photo of what 1lb of fat looks like and I was amazed. So 2lbs is definitely great, especially as you say around your TOTM.

Hope your husbands joins you, will be nice to have company!

I don’t know about the soups but my favourite bars are the vegan ones, salted caramel, jam and white chocolate and raspberry. I thought the coconut one was the worst. I really like the pancakes too, and the porridge now @Larissa has explained how to cook it properly! X

Hiya both, same here @Caroline1980 life just gets busy!

That's great news about your husband. 🤭 The more support the better!

The soups I have tried are chicken and leek and red Thai chicken. They were both okay but the first time I had the chicken and leek, I found a dried piece of leek and thought it was a toenail. Put me right off! They are fine though and super of you are really after savory food.
Bars, I agree with @Zeus☺️ coconut one isn't great. My favourite are probably the vegan ones, chocolate fudge and salted caramel. I genuinely enjoy the pancakes. They are like actual food! 🤣

I have way too many products now! I want to place an order for the different flavoured bars but I will have nowhere to keep them!

My parcel of Exante goodies arrived this morning. I used the 100 products for £100 deal seeing as hubby is joining in with me. I had a birthday cake bar and was very pleasantly surprised! Definitely think the bars will be a game changer!

I'm feeling really positive about my weight loss right now. I feel like I CAN do this!! Since the kids have been back at school I've gone back to doing four products a day and it's been much easier. Probably because all I'm doing is sitting on my backside all day again. I'm already 2 pounds down since Wednesday. I am under 13 stone for the first time in a year. I'm starting to feel a difference in my jeans. I feel amazing!

Something I have been thinking about is maintenance. I know I'm a way off that yet, but it is something I worry about. Exante has been so easy because I don't need to think about food so much. Am I allowed this, how much of this can I have etc. I've had that in my head for years! I want to be able to eat without having to worry about 'rules' all of the time. But obviously I don't want to fall into bad habits and put the weight back on. And I don't want to be living off shakes forever either! I was thinking about doing something like the 1200 plan and then building up to 5:2 to maintain my weight. Anyone else thought about this yet?

Funnily enough I don't really miss a lot of foods right now. The only things I have thought about is cheese, which I rarely eat!

My parcel of Exante goodies arrived this morning. I used the 100 products for £100 deal seeing as hubby is joining in with me. I had a birthday cake bar and was very pleasantly surprised! Definitely think the bars will be a game changer!

I'm feeling really positive about my weight loss right now. I feel like I CAN do this!! Since the kids have been back at school I've gone back to doing four products a day and it's been much easier. Probably because all I'm doing is sitting on my backside all day again. I'm already 2 pounds down since Wednesday. I am under 13 stone for the first time in a year. I'm starting to feel a difference in my jeans. I feel amazing!

Something I have been thinking about is maintenance. I know I'm a way off that yet, but it is something I worry about. Exante has been so easy because I don't need to think about food so much. Am I allowed this, how much of this can I have etc. I've had that in my head for years! I want to be able to eat without having to worry about 'rules' all of the time. But obviously I don't want to fall into bad habits and put the weight back on. And I don't want to be living off shakes forever either! I was thinking about doing something like the 1200 plan and then building up to 5:2 to maintain my weight. Anyone else thought about this yet?

Funnily enough I don't really miss a lot of foods right now. The only things I have thought about is cheese, which I rarely eat!
Oh great! Glad you liked the bar! It definitely helps me to have those, I couldn’t do just shakes.

And how great that you’re feeling a difference! That’s such a good sign isn’t it?

Weve just been away for a week, so I’ve had no scales so no idea what will happen tomorrow morning! I’m feeling positive though and I stuck to it all week, which was surprisingly easy somehow! It’s a miracle 😂

Yes I’ve been thinking about maintenance too (got four stone to go but let’s forget about that bit 😂). I think I’ll calorie count using an app and the shakes etc will definitely help me with that. I also love the mug cakes I’ve bought, feel like such a treat. And I’m hoping by eating more protein I’ll feel fuller. Plus keeping up with all the water. But I guess we’ll have to see what works when we get there? Also I’ve been reading it takes 3500 extra calories to put on 1lb of fat. So if you’re paying attention to what you eat hopefully it won’t sneak up on us? It’s definitely taken a couple of years for me to get this heavy. I’ll also weigh myself more. I used to ignore the scales because some people say all they do is make you miserable! But I need to see what’s going on, so I can fix it if I need to.

Have lovely Saturdays everyone ☺️

Well, I am p****d off after randomly putting on 2lbs overnight yesterday. 2 flipping pounds?! The only thing I've done differently is have bars and soups. We also did a big walk on Sunday, so I dunno if I was hanging onto any water after that.

I'm going back to my shakes for a few days to see if that helps. I'll be gutted if the bars do make a difference because they are really nice. Good job hubby is doing this too otherwise that would be a huge box of them going to waste!

That sucks! Really demotivating too. I understand how you feel @Caroline1980 you should know though that there is no way on God's green earth that it's fat. It's water and yes, probably because of the different products and exercise but it will settle again.

Don't lose hope, it's totally normal to go up and down. If you weigh again later today, it will be different again. It's normal. It may be too restrictive to have only shakes, nutritionally, the bars and soups are the same so you could keep them in if they are helpful (I like the variation).

You're still doing great, please don't let this hit you so hard. Maybe weigh once a week? Or every other day?

@Larissa thanks, I'm not letting it get me down by any means. I know if I give up, I'll put on whereas if I stick to it,
eventually it will come off.

The bars do have slightly more carbs compared to shakes and soups. It's not loads, but I suppose over 3 bars a day it can add up. It it was it is, I'm just plodding on.

I’m sure it’ll even itself out so next time you weigh yourself you’ll feel much more positive. Well done for not letting it get to you. I found it demotivating one week when I didn’t lose anything until the very last day - but I kept telling myself there’s no way I could be eating so few calories and not losing eventually!

I tend to have a breakfast sachet (pancakes, museli or porridge), then a shake for lunch (sometimes I make it into an iced coffee which is lovely! Like a Frappuccino!), a low cal evening meal and a bar with a cup of tea in the evening. X

Well I had my 'official' weekly weigh in today. That two pound gain went, so I'm back to officially two pounds off this week. I'm happy with that. I go between thinking it's not a lot to realising I've lost almost 10 pounds in three weeks. My jeans are looser and I feel so much better in myself.

I'm going to stop weighing myself everyday. It's wrecking my head! No matter what the scales say, no matter what happens, I am not giving up. I have given up too many times before.

Hubby has just started and is struggling bless him. But he's powering through 🤣. He said last night he's noticed a difference in my stomach and apparently my fierce determination 😆 is motivating him!

Well I had my 'official' weekly weigh in today. That two pound gain went, so I'm back to officially two pounds off this week. I'm happy with that. I go between thinking it's not a lot to realising I've lost almost 10 pounds in three weeks. My jeans are looser and I feel so much better in myself.

I'm going to stop weighing myself everyday. It's wrecking my head! No matter what the scales say, no matter what happens, I am not giving up. I have given up too many times before.

Hubby has just started and is struggling bless him. But he's powering through 🤣. He said last night he's noticed a difference in my stomach and apparently my fierce determination 😆 is motivating him!
Oh well done and I’m so glad those pesky two pounds went away!!! 10lbs in 3 weeks is great.

I’m with you with not giving up! Go us 😂

Ah those first few days were definitely the worst. I was starving by 3-4pm. But it gets so much better, hopefully your husband will get there! It’s great he’s noticing a difference in you too ☺️

I’ve been to the gym and on a walk today so I’ve had an extra meal - a mug cake - because I’ve burnt off over 450 calories. It was delicious. X

@Zeus☺️ do you make your own or is that an exante product?

Well done on all the exercise
I copied some recipes from Kates losing it (she’s on Instagram and YouTube I think) which were good but then found a company called my muscle mug - they’re delicious! They are about 200 calories and similar carbs to exante products. They don’t have all the added vitamins etc thought al they are a one off treat really, unfortunately can’t have four a day 😂

Exante do the gooey chocolate pudding too, which is similar (not as good!). X

Last edited:
Hope everyone is getting on OK.

I've been very hungry yesterday and today. I was even dreaming about fish, chips and gravy last night 😆.

Not got on the scales, but I can see and feel a big difference in me now. My face isn't as puffy, my stomach is definitely flatter, my 'tight' jeans are looser and I noticed around my neck and shoulders looked thinner this morning.

Hubby is also half a stone down.

My jeans are looser and I feel so much better in myself.

I'm a daily weigher too. I think you can only weigh daily if you manage your head space. I accept that the scale can go up and down. I know if I get on the scales every day, I am focused on the day ahead. Well done on your results.

Back