Loosing hope day by day :(

ladoo

Hi all,

i have been on exante for around 2 months with constant cheating and have managed to loose 23lbs so far.
However the last 2 weeks i have lost absolutely NOTHING which is really getting me down. I try to accomodate for my little cheats, for example i would have a little snack under 100calories and then drink half of my shake, is this really dumb?

My target was to loose 26lbs in 2months but iv only got 7 weeks and im nowhere!

did anyone go through a phase like this and would you have any advice to keep me going?

would be much appreciated!

maybe your snacking is taking you out of ketosis? also, r u drinking enough water? x

how many carbs are in your snacks? 100cal of chocolate is very different from 100cal of beef.

you may also be retaining water while your body catches up with itself.

I have snacks of low calorie goodies like rice corn cakes but your right maybe the constant cheating is taking me of ketosis? I have around 2500-300 Ltrs a day, and have remained at 97.3 kg for the last 2 weeks. If I don't cheat do you think that would help me?

Thanks for the responses tho :)

Yes, you need to be in ketosis to lose the weight. Rice would bring you out of ketosis so you're just in and out every day and confusing your body. Try and stick with it 100% and see where you are after a week, I am sure you'll see a difference. It takes alot of will power and you've done so well so far. You can do it hun xx

You don't actually have to be in ketosis to lose weight. You'll lose because of the huge calorie deficit whether you're in ketosis or not. You'll lose a bit more being in but ketosis itself isn't what causes the weight loss

But confusing your body won't help right?? Ketosis is what we aim for on Exante to stop the hunger pangs, rush of energy etc

Without Ketosis you will struggle every day. Personally I have only experienced the cold part of Ketosis, I am still hungry and lethargic ha ha

Hugs hun x

That's so good to now as I've been worried that I'm just not going to loose the weight anymore.
A friend of mine lost 25kg in 3 months while in 2 I have lost only 11kg so I'm getting worried.
Is the weight loss going to be constant until you stop or does it slow down as time goes on?

Thank you for your support and responding to me!

I wouldn't worry about how quickly your friend is loosing weight as everyone loses at different rates, one of my sisters lost 3 stone in 6 weeks, another lost 4 stone in like 3 months, I am loosing it slower than that but it doesn't bother me because I am still losing. I would try going ts or look at the exante website for snack ideas that are safe and see how you go, what ever you do though, do not give up.

also only having 1/2 of your shake and a rice cake will slow your losses down and probably make you ill too . You need your 3 packs for the ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS they contain , a rice cake doesnt have 1/3 of all your need in it , so your body may well be starving , therefore will hang onto the weight ... come on , if you arent loosing and you are not following the diet as it should be then you must see the conection ???

You'll get there, it's just about finding the right balance for you. You have had a great loss so far, keep at it hun, you've already made a huge change in your lifestyle xx

determinator said:
also only having 1/2 of your shake and a rice cake will slow your losses down and probably make you ill too . You need your 3 packs for the ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS they contain , a rice cake doesnt have 1/3 of all your need in it , so your body may well be starving , therefore will hang onto the weight ... come on , if you arent loosing and you are not following the diet as it should be then you must see the conection ???

Good point if you're not following the plan you can't expect to have good results

Exactly I think that is my biggest issue so this week I stuck to it and weighed in yesterday and lost 3lbs!
I think seeing the weight come off makes it easier to stick as being such a food lover to no food can be quite tough!

And it's nice to now that as I was worried that she is loosing way faster then me and had me worried!
Thank yu ladies :)

Hello ladies,

i thought id share that last saterday i had a suprise birthday dinner but tried to be really healthy!
Also managed to stuck to it this whole week and officially lost 4 lbs this week so im super happy :D
Thanks for the advice!

So,

27 lbs down.. 18lbs TO GO!

Last edited:
Great to see you've taken the advice and managed a 4lb loss, congrats! x

That's fantastic... makes it all worthwhile :D

Amazing, be very proud of yourself. You can do this xx

wow ladies, being the only one in my family doing this you wouldnt realise how nice it feels to have your encouragement!

As for this week i have a dreadful exam on wednesday and my usual stress reliever is food so now im kind of at a loss of what to do with myself! any ideas?
but week started of well with a good work out, who knew excercise would be a part of my routine? ha!

How has everyone's week going? Just about to weight myself and very nervous to reach another good weigh in!

Xxx

Back