Lose inches beforw you lose lb's?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sarah23fly, 5 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Sarah23fly

Sarah23fly Want to lose a stone!

Diet:
    SW
    As some of you may have seen :eek: Ive put on half a pound but not been naughty.

However, the last few days despiite the above my stomach is distinctly flatter and my muffin top (nice :/) is noticibly smaller. My size 12 jeans fit and are no longer snug. I FEEL as though Ive lost weight?

Does anyone else lose inches before they lose pounds? Ive heard of that before but I didnt think it was really possibly?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. aesir22

aesir22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    275lb
    Current Weight:
    275lb
    Goal Weight:
    180lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Of course. Weight loss, especially in the beginning, includes fat loss, water loss, bowel clearing and if exercising muscle gain. I know a few people who refuse to use scales and go exclusively on fit of clothes and measurements.

4. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'd love to go by inches or even better just how my clothes feel but not sure if I cld! My scales said Id lost 2lb in 1st week which is ok , had hoped for more, but I feel like Ive lost more than that. Must take my measurements today as not done that yet.

5. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    First weeks of dieting it's water, fat and muscle loss, when exercising you will be replacing the muscle loss and maybe even gaining a little. Muscle is denser than fat and so occupies less space to fat, so if you replace 1lb fat with 1lb muscle you will be smaller but weigh the same x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.