Lose inches beforw you lose lb's?

Sarah23fly

Want to lose a stone!
As some of you may have seen :eek: Ive put on half a pound but not been naughty.

However, the last few days despiite the above my stomach is distinctly flatter and my muffin top (nice :/) is noticibly smaller. My size 12 jeans fit and are no longer snug. I FEEL as though Ive lost weight?

Does anyone else lose inches before they lose pounds? Ive heard of that before but I didnt think it was really possibly?

Of course. Weight loss, especially in the beginning, includes fat loss, water loss, bowel clearing and if exercising muscle gain. I know a few people who refuse to use scales and go exclusively on fit of clothes and measurements.

I'd love to go by inches or even better just how my clothes feel but not sure if I cld! My scales said Id lost 2lb in 1st week which is ok , had hoped for more, but I feel like Ive lost more than that. Must take my measurements today as not done that yet.

aesir22 said:
Of course. Weight loss, especially in the beginning, includes fat loss, water loss, bowel clearing and if exercising muscle gain. I know a few people who refuse to use scales and go exclusively on fit of clothes and measurements.

First weeks of dieting it's water, fat and muscle loss, when exercising you will be replacing the muscle loss and maybe even gaining a little. Muscle is denser than fat and so occupies less space to fat, so if you replace 1lb fat with 1lb muscle you will be smaller but weigh the same x

Back