Lost 10 stone. SW is for men, too! Before and after pics and diary.

Well done!

So I've used this tool to find my Waist-to-Height-Ratio and followed this up by reading this article about this topic.
My current BMI is 31.7, which still classes me as 'Obese' ... Now do I look obese to you? And I'm not trying to earn some attention or compliments here, this is a serious question. I don't want to end up being fixed on losing weight and sliding into an eating disorder. I don't believe I really need to lose a further 50 lbs, just so that my BMI slides in to the top end of 'normal weight' for my height and age. Seriously?

I've got a 32 inch waist now. and my Waist-to-Height-Ratio is measured at 44.4, according to the article mentioned at the top this is

- Ratio 43 to 46: Health

The next step down would be 'Extremly slim' ... Okay, still doesn't talk about underweight etc. .... But I'm just concerned that I may be in danger of going too far. What do you think?

Tom you look terrific....not sure about you, but I'm the type that my true weight doesn't show. I'm much heavier than I look and that is because the weight is evenly distributed on my body, so no one area looks out of proportion to another....if you see what I mean. I'm solid! lol...when I lose weight it is the same thing, I lose from all over proportionally.

Having said that you also look quite muscular, and many men, especially weight lifters etc., must have a higher BMI than is published to be the norm but have much less body fat. Perhaps you should measure your actual body fat to give you a much better indication of where to go from here and speak to an instructor at your gym and see what they say (I assume you go to the gym).

Regardless you look terrific and if you feel terrific that's what matters!! Well done!!

You look really great. If you are happy with how you look and feel then leave it at that which is the beauty of SW where you draw your own line. A well toned heavier body is better to me than a lighter flabby frame.

I think you look fab. I wouldn't like to see you with another 50 off. A 32" waist is very slim especially at your height. Sometimes I think these charts are very misleading. If you are happy at what you are why not maintain for a while and see how it goes? Well done you are an inspiration

You have done AMAZINGLY well and look 10 years younger!!!! Go by how you look and feel, by how your clothes hang, not by any scales or charts and keep up the good work!! :D

Have just given myself a new interim target of 14 St 5 lbs. That's 2 stone down from now and 1 stone 3 lbs above my actual target. Once I'm there I'll check what I feel and look like and may change this to my final target. It would mean a total loss of 10 stone.

I think that's already a massive loss and don't really want to be worried about the BMI still classing me as overweight at that weight. Right now I'm at the bottom end of Obese 1.

Hey fella

Well done! - just keep going if that's what you want to do. I've reached my target - or at leasat my first target. I also celebrate 32in waist jeans. Isn't it great?:D

People keep telling me to stop now - well I am in the "normal" range. I feel comfortable continuing. I'm sure you will know what is best for you when the time comes.

Make sure it is for you though as I find a lot of people see me for how I was and believe I have lost enough all ready. The probably will never understand what it is like to be "in the zone" and go for it while you can.

Truly an inspiration to us all - especially the blokes as we are in a minority and it is never easy just making the decision to start SW.

Steve

Back