lost a stone in 2 weeks......god knows how!!!

Hiya Jen,
Which hotel are you going to? i'll look in my guides and see what it says, dont forget tho, peoples opinions vary massively and what is hell to one is often heaven to another.
Blackpool will be great in October, the lights will be on too, its only an hour from here and we often go for the day.
Ok, as for the money, let me get my profesional head on! Depends on how much you are taking, I would take as much currency as I would be covered for on my travel insurance and then the rest in either travellers cheques or a pre paid card. I have had customers who go away with nothing and arrive in the middle of a bank hol with no way of getting money!
Do you have a marks and spencers near you? The money exchange rates there are excellent (almost as good as mine lol)
I just bought chloe her first school skirt, bless her, cant believe she starts school in September. You can prebook your transfers with resort hoppa.com, that way you can budget before you go.
ANyway, cant wait for tonights bb, see who gets in the house next door!
I'm feeling good today too, actually cooked hubbys tea tonight which I enjoyed.
Speak soon hun
x

OMG, nearly forgot, how did your OH go on at hospital???

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for all the information re: the holiday. We are staying at the Venus Beach Hotel in Pathos....so if you can find anything on it that would be great. Dont worry though if you cant.

Daves appointment at the hospital was a little inconclusive. It seems to have just been a preliminary assessment by the consultant as opposed to any constructive tests. I suppose it means Dave can travel with a clear conscience as regard his travel insurance as its unlikely he will have any diagnosis for at least 3 weeks. His consultant took blood tests (more) he filled 5 syringe things and he has arranged for him to have a colonoscopy and stool test. Daves bleeding has slowed down but the pain in his lower abdomen has increased so they are going to also do another endoscopy. The last one showed he had a hiateus hernia and gastritus (hence the proton pump inhibitor medication)...all in all more waiting for tests and results and no clear understanding of what may be the problem. Dave seems ok though in himself (emotionaly I mean) and is looking forward to the holiday...although I am still worried about being so far away from home with a potential patient in tow.

Hows your life going? Anything exciting?

Oh yes I must share this with you as I thought it rather odd. Mike (my 17 in 2 weeks son) went to Redhill with his girlfriend yesterday afternoon....and at 6pm was brought home by the police, They thought he was a missing 14 year old boy and took him home to check his information as he had no id on him....Poor Mike was mortified...(more about being thought of as 14 in front of his girlfriend!) reassuring to know the police take this step though, if you are the parent of a missing child isnt it?

one quick question too while I remember it...Do you get a type of morning nausea on this diet (no Im not pregnant!)...I wake up feeling incredibly sick and yucky...until I have my first pack then im ok again...Low blood sugar from the night sleep I guess?

Hiya Jen,
Ok, first business, have had a quick word with one of my regulars who has stayed in the Venus, and he was complimentary about it, it is a good hotel, the only downside is that because there are much newer and better hotels now in Cyprus is that people slate it!!!!!
He said that it isnt quite a 5*, but is def a 4* however, the food is very good and the location ok too, about half hour walk in to paphos but the buses are good, also the bars across the road are excellent too, the hotel was spotless too.
SOunds good to me!!!!
Also, I know you wont need to go to hospital when you are there but please make sure you get a EHIC card from the post office before you go please, it entitles you to free or reduced cost hospital treatment whilst in the EU. Also hospitals/doctors in Cyprus are excellent too, and they have many english clinics due to the amount of forces over there.

Anyway, travel head off now!
I dont get that feeling in a morning that you mentioned, maybe its worth mentioning to your cdc, i do have my last pack or bar about half 8 to 9pm though. Do you feel any better after water, sounds a bit like dehydration? You could post it on teh question thread and see what the cdc's say too.
Cant believe what happened to mike, i bet he was so embarassed, and a little scared too to be pulled up like that, although it is reassuring that they take this seriously. I know I would have been mortified at that age though!!!!
Well, nothing exciting up north happening, Chloe is so excited re disney, but think me n hubby are even more excited!!!!
Just told my friend I am doing CD, she invited me for tea a few times and I was making excuses so I just came out and told her, she is overweight too and has struggled like me. She was very shocked and couldnt believe I hadn't eaten proper food for 20 days!!!!! I would love her to do this and see the results but she wont, cant give up beer!!!!!!
Hope you had a great day, mines been good, no cravings at all.
Speak soon x

Day 25

Thanks for all the travel advice Vicky. It’s really helpful. I have today ordered some Cypriot notes from Marks and Spencer’s like you advised. I check out the exchange rates and compared to Lloyds TSB they are considerably better and don’t charge for next day delivery to your home so thanks for that advice.

I am going to pre-book transfers as well. Do you have a good link to an organisation in Pathos that would be able to cater for a family of 5 and luggage in one vehicle rather than 2 separate taxis? I will be a lot happier if I can pre-arrange this rather than leave it to chance when we arrive in the early hours. One thing I did think though was if they flight is delayed considerably are the transfer people advised or do we have to inform them? I have only been on package holidays in the past but as we have booked our accommodation and flights separately and have no rep I am not sure what happens here.

My scales wont budge from 11 stone 4. But considering 25 days ago I was 12 stone 7 then that’s an excellent loss in such a short period of time. I still have 12 days till I travel and if I can shift 5 pounds in that time (to get under the 11 mark) I will be happy. I am expecting to gain about 5-7 pounds on holiday so will probably be about 11.7 when I come home (still a stone less than my start weight) then I want to get down to 10 stone in time for my Prague trip on 9th October (less if possible)

Is your weight loss staying still at all or are you losing every day. There is a girl at work whos mum (Christine) is a counsellor. She weighs herself daily on her mums advice and has lost large amounts everyday. She lost 2 stone in the first 2 weeks!!! I was amazed that a counsellor would advise to do this though as I was told by my GP to only weight weekly to avoid being discouraged by weight fluctuations. What is the general CD response to weighing in…im sure it’s the same as my GP but my mate insisted I should weigh myself every day….

On another topic I am feeling a little worried at the moment about my eldest lad. Mike. Remember I told you about his girlfriend sleeping with his best friend and now Mike and her are back together. Well yesterday they took my daughter out to the park. She told me 2 things that concerned me. 1. Mike smokes (apparently he is trying to give up for the Cyprus trip so we don’t find out) 2. Rachel has slash marks on her wrists… I suspected that she had tried something stupid to get Mike back and I am now wondering if she threatened to kill herself if he didn’t take her back. So how is he going to stop smoking when his friends and girlfriend all smoke and if he ever wants to finish with her how can he do so if she emotionally blackmails him all the time. He has changed since he met her and quite frankly I am really worried….am I overeacting (He is 16)

Speak again soon

Jennyxxx

Oh goodness :( It's a worrying time isn't it.

I found a ciggie in my sons drawer. I never go into his room, let alone his drawers, but I was looking for something.

I was so sad. I don't think he is smoking though. I think someone might have given it to him and he's stored it for a) if he really feels the need b) if a friend wants it.

Hoping for that anyway. (He's 19...just). It's been there at least 2 weeks, so fingers crossed.

Let's hope Mike doesn't return to smoking after the hols. I wouldn't say anything to him if he was my son. Just let it ride over and hope for the best.

I would drop little thoughts though. I'm good at them :) Don't know if you smoke, but if so, drop little remarks about how annoying it is. How hard it is to stop etc.

If you don't smoke, perhaps point out someone who is and just vaguely mention how sorry you feel for them :D

I do this sort of thing all the time. It's got to be subtle though, or he'll suss you out.

As for the girlfriend. Ummm. Again, I think I would try to let him see that you feel sorry for the girl and hope she doesn't 'bring him down'. Put ideas into his head. That's what I would do anyway.

I've had similar sorts of things with my eldest. Most teens seem to be disfunctional:rolleyes:

It's a fine line to tread. You want to guide him, but I'm really cautious about laying down rules over this sort of thing. I want them to make their own choices but to know all the facts.

Best of luck

Hiya Jen

Ok Travelhead on!
www.holidaytaxis.co.uk
They will sort a private taxi transfer and if you are delayed it wont be a problem!
If you book them they also have a sister company called www.destinationcare.com
they are a representitve service for whilst you are away, costs about a tenner for the family, might be worth thinking about!
My weight loss is still going good, as of this morning I had lost 18lbs, some days tho I dont lose, I still need to get away from the scales though, I have gone back to every day and I dont like it! my cdc says only weigh once a week if can help it.
2 stone in two weeks is a lot, is that healthy?? Or does she have a massive amount to lose, I think the more you have to lose the more will come off in the early stages.
I think youll manage another 5lbs at least, dont forget you are still losing inches if not lbs and if its totm then it wont shift for a few days. Youll look a stunner by the time you go
Re Mike, I don't think you are over reacting, but its not worth storming in like a bull, the smoking is a tough one, KD seems to have good advice about hints and he wont be ableto smoke in Cyprus so if its a new thing it will probably fizzle out, if not he may have been doing it for years without you knowing, I started at 13 and my parents didnt know till I was 19,
he main hints for me would be about the nasty smell and the money, when you are a teenager you think you will live for ever so any threats about health didnt work for me.
As for the gf, I dont know about that one, what do you know about her, is it worth asking her for tea to see what the marks look like? then you could ask her casually?
Thing is, I dont know much about teenagers really, so my advice may not be right! All i know is that if my mum told me not to then I did!!!!
12 days till you go! bet you cant wait!
Vic

thanks for that excellent advice Vicky. I will sort it all out this week.

I have today added a meal...(im doing 7 days of add a meal)...so I dont go into shock on holiday and regain loads of weight on my holiday.

Do you know how much less weight I can expect to lose this week as opposed to sole source?

Chicken and brussel sprouts....yum...lol (should help keep me regular too though!):)

Hiya Jen,

Not sure how much you would lose on an aam week, Im going to post on the ask a question thread and find out, It was something that I was thinking too!
Chicken and sprouts, reminds me of a xmas dinner, thats the only time I ever eat sprouts!!! Funnily enough tho, although hated them when I was a kid, I actually do like them now, might have some on my aam.
I can have that from Saturday which is good because I am actually going out to a works do on Friday so I am going to start it a day earlier, Its a big ball I am going to, happens once a year, and I really look forward to it. Going to be strange not drinking, last year I was steaming legless, got home at 5am and went to work at 9, cant remember the day at all, never mind how I got home! Im going to get my posh frock out in a min, got it in december last year when I went to Mauritius but I was a stone heavier then so it should fit really nice now. hope it does!!
Is it cold down south?? Its freezing up here and very wet, been raining all night. Looks like it may get a little brighter now.
Hope you are having a good weekend hun, keep up the great work x

Hi again Vicky,

So we really are running side by side on this diet arent we hun? Im enjoying my AAM week. If I discover this kick starts my weight loss I will be delighted as my SS was plateauing despite only being on week 4. I have less to lose this time so I guess that may be why.

11 stone 4. My BMI is 27.9 ....overweight as opposed to obese and I fitted my size 14 swimsuit...which is great news as I will be wearing it next week in Cyprus. I am happy with whatever I lose between now and the day I depart as anything extra is a bonus. I am almost tempted not to bother weighing myself again as I expect whatever I lose this week will be regained on holiday.

I doubt in reality I will be able to resist the scales though.

I calculated the BMI of my whole family yesterday and this is what I discovered

Sophie and Matthew (both with podgy tummys) are normal weight range

Mikes BMI is 22

and Dave who is made of muscle not an inch of flab....his BMI is 31.1!

He is the only obese one in the family and yet is in no way fat. He works out at the GYM 4 times a week and claims BMIs do not take into account muscle mass...is this true?

Matthew and Dave are both 5 foot 10 and Matt weighs 12 stone (normal range) Dave weighs 15 stone 7....the odd thing is Matt does look overweight and Dave dosnt...

Speak again soon hun

Love

Jennyxxx

Hi again Vicky,

and Dave who is made of muscle not an inch of flab....his BMI is 31.1!

He works out at the GYM 4 times a week and claims BMIs do not take into account muscle mass...is this true?

Yes it is very true!! Thats why some of the new scales being made these days have 'athlete mode' on them to take into account their muscle mass e.t.c BMI can be very misleading sometimes.

Hi Zareena

That makes sense I guess. Will this mean the scales can tell how much muscle bulk you have or do you have to be honest and type the information in?

I can see some people being a little dishonest with this information to try and fool themselves into thinking they are not really fat...(Myself included..lol)

xx

Hi Zareena

That makes sense I guess. Will this mean the scales can tell how much muscle bulk you have
xx

I think the scales can tell how much muscle bulk you have approximately. I don't know for definite but I presume there might be different buttons for different athletes...don't take my word for it though, I'm just guessing.

body mass index is a puzzler really, I dont think really you can take it as gospel as muscle weighs more then fat!!!!

Well done you on your size 14 swim suit, I bet you were thrilled!!!!

The bloomin scales are so hard to resist arent they, im determined not to weigh now until thurdsay!!!! Give me a kick up the arse if I say im going to wont you!!!!

Day 28
Well I woke today and couldn’t resist jumping on the scales despite what I posted yesterday about keeping my distance from them…and guess what…Ive lost 2 pounds yeh!! By having an Add a meal for a couple of days I have gone from 11.4 to 11.2 in 2 days (a pound a day..Cant be bad can it)

So that’s 19 pounds lost in 4 weeks (possibly more as I was too scared to weigh in until 4 days into the diet!). Well in excess of the claim of a stone a month on CD so I am very happy. I also can wear a lot of my sexier and less frumpy tops and dresses again. I am still a couple of stone from where I want to be but I am in no hurry, I am going to enjoy each stage on the way down from here onwards.

I now feel like I don’t have to try and camouflage a lumpy old bag of potatoes when I dress for work. I have smart clothes that fit and look ok for the weight I am. I have made a decision not to get too thin this time. 8 stone 4 made me look like I had come out of a concentration camp….9 stone..Dave told me I was wasting away….so somewhere between 9.7 and 10 stone will be perfect for me. After all it’s not a competition to be thinnest person ever is it? We just want to be healthy and trim and happy not skinny little things without shape and personality.

Vicky, I hope you are managing to keep on the path and are enjoying aam week as much as I am. I have never really enjoyed vegetables but I am finding the texture and tastes very interesting and a positive relief from shakes, bars and water. I feel full and feel in control still. I realise that maybe the path to keeping it off in my case is long term carb avoidance. Carbs taste great but never fill me and make me crave more and more…whereas I am satisfied and full after protein and vegetables. Off course I am also consuming the packs containing loads of vitamins etc but I think I can adjust to this way of life. Can anyone recommend a good cookbook for meals without carbs for later on?

Love and hugs

Jennyxxxxxxxxxx

Hi jfc,

Good morning to you and it is such a joy to see you doing so well and feeling so positive about yourself!!!

Mega congrats' on your weight loss to date you are sailing ahead.

I think sometimes less is more as regards how thin we want to be for as we get older it is advised to have a little more on.

I find this is a hard one to think about as it has been years since I was 8 stone, but do dream of getting back there, even for a minute would be nice, just to see...

But realistically I am heading for the nine's and from here that would be awesome.

Just reading your post this mornig energised me and I have found it very motivating for myself to see how well you are doing.:)

Here's to another good day for you and all of us here on MiniMIns...

Hi Lovely Mini

I feel I owe a lot of my success this time round to you and your supportive and helpful forum. To have somewhere to turn where everyone else understands what you are going through is wonderful, I cant thank you enough for this.

A work colleague has just passed my desk (im posting from work..lol) and commented on my weight loss. She said you look just right now Jen, dont go silly like before, your face looks like it should...last time it looked gaunt..(a compliment I think!)

Love and hugs

Jennyxx

Back