lost a stone in 2 weeks......god knows how!!!

thanks for all you concern.

Ive seen my GP and she took my BP which is low but no lower than usual. She thinks it may be linked to my heavy periods. I am being monitored and have to go back in 2 weeks just before my holiday.

Funnily enough I feel fine now.

I am not seeing Marilyn btw...I am under my doctor for Lipotrim but using up my CD from when I was under Sheree which the doctor is happy with. I cant stand the boring flavours of LT but I cant afford CD at the moment...

jfc said:
I am not seeing Marilyn btw...I am under my doctor for Lipotrim but using up my CD from when I was under Sheree which the doctor is happy with. I cant stand the boring flavours of LT but I cant afford CD at the moment...

Sorry honey, I must have misunderstood - I thought you were seeing Marilyn. :eek: Just a thought, but check the use by date of the packs you are using - it must have been last year when I saw you next and I would hate for you to be using out of date stock.

Hi J

Glad the BP is normal, well normal for you, hope your Hubby is ok too, day 13 for me, cant believe im so far in, keep ya chin up hun, it'll all come out in the wash, as my nanna used to say.
Can I ask a silly question, whats Lipotrim??
V

Vicky,

Lipotrim is a liquid diet, the same as CD and Lighterlife (or similar). It is prescribed by a doctor or pharmacist and costs about £15.00 a week less than CD but dosnt have the same nice flavours. (mine also is unable to get the bars althought LT do offer bars as well). Its basicaly monitiored by your doctor or pharmacist on a weekly or as in my case fortnightly appointment. I do intend to convert back to CD fully but feel as I did this last time as well (but to Mr Patel my pharmacist and not my GP) I dont want my doctor getting upset with me for leaving too soon.

My friend and colleague's mother works as a CD counsellor in Crawley and I am hoping to move over to her soon but I cant see her name on the CD site. Is this name list fully up to date or are some counsellors not listed?

Hi Jen,

Thanks for that, how has your day been, are you ok??
V

well Vicky, Ive had quite a good day today. Been busy sorting through clothes for the holiday. My daughters is packed, My middle son is packed but both me and my eldest son dont seem to have enough summer clothes.

I have plenty in size 10, 12 and 14 a few in size 24 but I am about 18 at the moment so they are either too big or too small for me. I cant really afford more though so the size 14s with elasticated waists will be ok...shorts and 3/4 length trousers and the larger tops to cover my bulges!

I still have 20 days to go so maybe I will be a 16 by then but my scales seem stuck on 11.7...but its still my TOTM so maybe in a couple of days I will have a big loss. I would idealy like to be 11 stone by 23rd August (our departure day)

I am considering bringing my tetras on holiday to have for breakfast and lunch and then just have meat and veg in the evening (a sort of add a meal week..)but my OH has splashed out £3000 on half board and may not be happy. Also its £2 for a bottle of water...so on the basis of what I am consuming now...I will need to spend £20-£30 a day on just water!!! Cheaper to drink vodka!

Hows it going for you Vicky? Still keeping to it ok hun?

One minor gripe a friend gave me a spicy tomatoe flavour soup to try and it didnt mix at all..their were bits floating round the edge (at first I thought it was croutons....I wish!) Is it meant to be like that or was it because I used boiling water to mix it?

Just watching BB evictions...a double one tonight.

Love and hugs

Jennyxx

Hiya Jen,

Lovely to hear a happy post from you, you have seemed so down in the past few, I think sometimes the down side to this diet is that when we are a little off colour it seems to get all out of proportion, well it does for me anyway!!!!!!
Thats the only downside I can see tho, so all the good bits beats the bad hands down.
Ive just booked a trip to disneyland paris, I go 5 weeks yesterday and I'm going to take my packs and do an add a meal, well to the best of my ability!!Im only going for 3 nights so it wont be too bad, I think I would look at the 790 if I was away for a week, at least you can have a little more in the evening, on half board it would only be your breakfastto swap, and you could have milk with tea and coffee.
Im doing good, day 14 today, i'm not weighing myself untill sunday so I dont beat my self up about it!!!!
Re Tom Soup, It probably seperated because you used boiling water, try water well off the boil and it might be ok, I can drink it if I have to but I hate the smell!!!
Its the only one I dont really like too much.
Off now to watch the second eviction, will post later or in the morning,
Only 20 days till your hol, wow, bet you'll be a 16 then!!!!

Hi Vicky,

Lucky thing off to Disneyland. Thats somewhere Ive always want to go...seems a bit silly now the children are teens and not tots but I reckon they would still enjoy it too.

I think you are right to only weigh in once a week. Its so tempting to weigh everyday but can be disappointing when we havent lost what we expect to...

I went to Box Hill today with my parents. My father is terminally ill and cant travel far but he used to have family in the area and was feeling nostaligic about his childhood so Mum and I decided to take him there. It was lovely looking from the top of the hill to all the land below. Beautfiul scenery. But I couldnt help notice the picnics all around us. One lady in particular had laid out a beautiful spread...including prawn cocktails and red wine!! My picnics are normaly cheese and tomato sandwiches and coke!...lol

Funny how food is everywhere when you are trying to avoid it isnt it.

I feel fine now, no pains, no hunger, in fact full of energy.

When I got home from Box Hill I completely cleaned the house, did the washing, made the tea, changed the bed clothes and did the weekly shop I still could do more but thought I would come on here and say hello to my fave slimming buddie.

so how are you managing? which are your favourite shakes? Do you like any of the soups? I have got into a pattern now. Bar and black coffee for breakfast. Shake made into a mouse with extra fibre69 for lunch and soup for dinner...then (2 litres of water in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and one can of zero coke)

whats your routine?

Who do you think will be voted back into the house?

I hope Nikki, Grace, Mikey and Lisa go back in.

Evenin Jen!
Quick post while the BB adverts are on!!!

My day has been ok today apart from I got astinking headache about 3pm which has taken me till now to shake off just about, dont think it was the diet tho, just a silly day at work. Had to lie down when I got home and thats so unlike me.
Its true about food everywhere, prawn cocktail tho, far too posh for me, think Id rather have ham and cheese butties! Im glad you had a good day tho, I bet your dad was happy to go there, its nice that he has a little time to see things that he wants to see.
I am in a routine now, I have a shake for breakfast, about half ten, then a soup for lunch, about 3 and then I have half a bar about 7pm, I cut up the whole bar, put half in the freezer, eat the normal bit about 7 and then chew the frozen bits about 9pm! The peanut ones are lovely frozen! Waterwise, I just guzzle!, pint before work, 2 litres am, 2 litres pm and the about 2 pints at home, Ive always drunk loads of water anyway so I do ok on that score.
I like all the soups apart from tomato, its the smell that puts me off!! My fav is the chick n mush or the mush, my fave shake is choc mint, hot or cold, dont mind! What about you, have you tried the bars yet?
I dont really get hungry, but sometimes I really want to put food in my mouth, might sound weird I suppose but I always ate before till I was stuffed and felt sick, I wasnt really a binger, I didnt go for whole chocolate cakes or full packets of biscuits, I just liked massive platefuls.
The energy bit is so weird, my house is the cleanest ever, I even went to the supermarket yesterday and bought a new oven cleaner, I suppose its a substitue for food!
Off to Leeds tomorrow, going to Lush for some lovely smellies, I live in a small town/village where the shops are appalling! Well, day 15, I'll hopefully be a full stone gone by wednesday, my clothes feel much better already.
Im with you on who goes back to the house, as long as its not lea or sam!!!! Nicky has to go back in, she's so funny!
So much for a quick message in the adverts, think Ive missed most of the second bit!!
Have a great rest of weekend hun, catch up tomorrow
x

Day 20
Well I was woken this morning by my mum appearing in my bedroom asking if I would mind accompanying her to the hospital. She looked very sorry for herself. I asked what was wrong. She had been bitten by something in the gardne on Friday and her leg had swollen up and it was spreading up her body. Off course I rushed to get dressed and went with her to the hospital. Oddly enough there were 3 other ladies in the walk in centre all with the same problem. My mum was given antbiotics and antihistamines to take and told to elivate her leg and put ice on it. She was worried though as she is going on holiday on Friday and in this state she wouldnt be able to drive. Fingers crossed this works for her. She does have an allergy to wasp and bee stings now looks like anything that bites her will make her body swell so she will have to be careful as she loves her garden and is always out there.
I nearly forgot to have my packs today. So busy cleaning and cooking for the family. I am back to work tomorrow for 2 weeks then I am off again for a fortnight of which one week I will be away in Cyprus.
I can really tell Ive lost weight. My stomach although still fat no longer bulges out and my clothes drop from my bust rather than cling to my tummy. I can fit size 12 elasticated waist 3/4 length trousers and shorts but size 18/20 tops (boobs still hanging on for dear life!)
Ive decided when my sharesave scheme matures in 2008 I am treating myself to a tummy tuck and a boob job....I know I will be 44 then but so what I still want to look nice and it will give me confidence and a reason to keep the fat of when I reach target.

Lush is my fave shop too...full of lovely things that smell heavenly. Have you found your sense of smell has increased since dieting? I have...

Im sorry to hear about your headaches. Have you taken anything for it? My main problem last time was constipation but this time I seem to be regular every day so ok.

Dave sees the General Surgeon on Tuesday at 4.20 which I am worried about. My mum thinks he has an ulcer thats slowly bleeding. I dont know if that can be treated by medication or will require surgery of some sort. But why is he seeing a surgeon if its treatable with medication??? He will also get the blood test results at the same appointment. Whatever the outcome he is adament we are still going to Cyprus on 23rd....fingers crossed for him

Big Bro is getting exciting now isnt it...soon be the final. Pete is the outright winner I guess...but then I was shocked when Niki left so I may be wrong.

Hope you have had a good day today too Vicky

Love
Jennyxxx

Day 21

Omg...I just typed out a whole long post and have now had to re-do it....because for some reason it disappeared...grrr

Well I was mentioning about returning to work after my week off at home to discover that whilst the temp had kept things ticking over on the surface...basicaly everyone had been saving up the work for my return so I have twice as much to do today...I like being busy but not when the deadline is yesterday!!!

Ive just enjoyed a choc mint shake with yummy lumps...which I perversly enjoy eating!

Apart from being called Rubber bottom by my OH when I was ironing my white linen trousers this morning and apart from the fact that I have just noticed a split all down one side (luckily my lower half is hidden by the desk) my days been fine

That will teach a size 16/18 to squeeze into size 12 trousers...elasticated waist maybe but not with my enourmous rubber bottom

Hows your day going everyone?

Love

Jennyx

Hiya Jen,
Just think you wont be squeezing into trousers at all soon, they will do up like a dream!!!!
Hows your mums swelling, has it gone down any?
I took normal paracetomol for my head and havent had a headache today so all seems well there.
Bet you cant wait for your hol, you'll have such a good time,think of all the relaxation and sun.
my aim is now to get another stone off for disney, its four weeks on thursday so should be ok. Cant wait for the 13s now!!!!
Glad ive logged on tonight, was feeling the strain with food earlier, my friend has started a new job and texted me to tell me she had my favourite filled baguette for lunch and I was a bit down, its not her fault as I havent told her but I could taste it and everything!
We are still gonna do this jen, I can feel it!!
Definately Pete to win, Get Nicky back in !

Vx

Day 22

Well I have lost another 3 pounds this week. I am happy with that. In fact I am happy with anything over 2 pounds as on a conventional diet I only lose up to 2 pounds a week. (with the exception of the Rosemary Connelly diet when I was 27 and lost weight at the rate of 4 -5 pounds a week…but I was doing a lot of exercise too! and I am 41 now!)

Today has been a good day so far. I felt the effects of having 2 bars yesterday…which was a relief as I was building up again. I think that I will do this once a week to avoid constipation. Every Friday I will have a shake and 2 bars instead of a bar and 2 shakes.

Still in ketosis and feeling fantastic. Today I am wearing my ¾ length white trousers in size 12 (yes an elasticated waist…but hey they are still size 12)…my top is a size 20 and very baggy…(It was tight a fortnight ago!)

I confided in a lady at work about this diet. She caught me making a black coffee in the kitchen and commented on my slimmer appearance (in just 3 weeks) well…what diet gives such amazing visible results in this short space of time. She was keen to hear all about the CD and LT (I’m eating CD Packs whilst being monitored via another the LT Programme)..she wants to lose a stone but as she is already a size 10/12 I told her that she really didn’t need to lose weight. She said that she is heavy for her though. Which I accept as being a valid argument but not really suitable for sole source. I said she could combine it with a 1200 – 1500 programme but not to go too mad as she would end up stick thin. I think the problem is at the age of 41 I want to look ‘normal’ whereas someone of her age range (early 20’s) wants to look like Kate Moss or even thinner. Not really healthy is it?

Im still playing floating islands for my rubber ducks in the bath but the islands are starting to sink in the bubbly water so soon the ducks will be swimming…without giving too much information …there are 3 islands when I take a bath, 2 of them I don’t mind keeping the 3rd one…(the largest one) I am desperate to get rid off…lol

Hope you are all having a good day

Love n hugs

Jennyxxxx

Well, Ive read some appauling reviews of the hotel we are going to in Cyprus. Along the lines of it dosnt deserve its 5 star rating and should be demoted to 3 star almost 2 star...! But amongst the bad reviews there are one or two which say that whilst it dosnt deserve is 5 star rating its more a 4 star, the hotel is clean and the staff friendly. I am going with an open mind so I dont get too dissappointed. We didnt pay top prices after all. Dave booked it online via otbeach.com and saved about £1000 off the price so we cant complain. Its £2500 for 5 half board in a 5 star hotel..cant complain at that can we?

Im booking a week away in October as a treat for my son. Only to Blackpool but its for him and his friends (if) he does well with his results...which he insisted he didnt need to revise for as he knew it all anyway!.

Mike and his girlfriend are back together again...despite her sleeping with his best friend. He was enraged and hurt and swore he wouldnt take her back...but she regretted it and said she was drunk...what makes it worse is Mike hasnt even slept with her himself (she is only 15) and thought when the time came, if they were still together would be really special..now its been ruined. She begged him to go back out with her night after night. He promised me he wasnt seeing her...but I guessed and confronted him and he said they were trying again....its his life ...but I still worry about him. He came home at 8pm last night and said he wanted to stay home and spend time with me and his brother and sister so maybe he is maturing at last....(wont hold my breath)

Sophie starts Hazelwick in September, bought her a new uniform and she looks so grown up. But underneath she is still my little girl and always will be no matter her age (funnily enough thats what my mum says about me and I am 41!!)

Matthew is happy and doing well at the moment. Very much into his Runescape on the computer...and a bit nervous about flying as its his first time abroad.

Is it worth getting travellers cheques or local currency? Can we leave it till we arrive at the airport or would you do it earlier at the bank? we will need some for the taxis too and from the airport and also for the drinks etc at the hotel.

My dad seems to be plodding on at the moment. His illness seems to have stood still (touch wood). He and mum are returning to Hayling Island for the weekend. My dad enjoyed it the last time he went but found it too hot to go out much so he is hoping for a more warm but less humid weather report.

BIg Brother - Are you following it at all? I am hooked and perversly enjoying every minute of it. Pete is the outright winner, he is such a lovely lad, his thoughts are for everyone but himself. Did you see last nights show...OMG Glyn running around naked! It was hilarious...revolting but hilarious...

Back