lost a stone in 2 weeks......god knows how!!!

B*gger!

Just typed a really long post and lost it, to cut a long story short I m dead please your weight is going down again!!!!

Feelin good today, work uniform is fitting so much better, even a little big in places!!!!!
I totally agree with what you are saying about this site,
Congrats to mini and pierce for creating such a fine and motivating site.

Will re post again later as I really have to do some work now, hand baggage is allowed back on planes again btw!!!!!! Still limited to what you can carry but its better than nothing.

Will re post later, properly!!!!!!!

WELL DONE JEN RAH RAH RAH, POM POMS SHAKING!!!!

Vx

Hi Zareena

That makes sense I guess. Will this mean the scales can tell how much muscle bulk you have or do you have to be honest and type the information in?

I can see some people being a little dishonest with this information to try and fool themselves into thinking they are not really fat...(Myself included..lol)

xx

Sorry...jumping back in the conv. here. My scales tell me how much muscle mass, bone mass, water etc I have. I never go by BMI anymore. My BMI is always on the high side. My body fat is on the low side. My muscle is athletic! :eek: And I've got heavy bones:D:D

Just the sort of info I like :D

As for fat and muscle weight. I have a piccy somewhere.....hold on...

I dont think really you can take it as gospel as muscle weighs more then fat!!!!

Well yes you can! (sounds like that advert doesn't it).

Of course, 5lbs of fat weighs the same as 5lbs of muscle, but takes up a smaller amount of room, that's why people lose the inches and not the weight.

Some people fool themselves into thinking they have gained lots of muscle when they start exercising and the scales haven't budged, but it doesn't work like that. It takes time to build up enough to show on the scales. But, people do store more water when they start exercising.

Less ramble Karion...picture

fatmuscle.jpeg

thanks for that Karion...what a revolting picture!

If that dosnt keep people on track losing the flab nothing will. I remember the aerobics teacher at one of my old Rosemary Connelly classes bring in some fat too...(Think it was artificial fat but an exact replica)...it was revolting and made us think about what was under our skin

Have a good day all

xxx

thanks for that Karion...what a revolting picture!

Teehee. Looks yummy to me. Especially the fat one. I keep imagining it roasted on a bit of lamb :D

another thing that put me off eating was Gordon Ramsey last week...those poor little piggys, I was blubbing all through it and he looked really upset too

So Bacon and sausages, gammon and pork chops are off my menu now and forever...

Just had another comment from a work colleague. A dear friend of mine who is also trying to lose weight, although he looks lovely. He is 6ft 4 and 17 stone but very very toned but still he wants to lose for his health....anyway he came up to me and told me how nice my face looks today. His friend joined in, saying it was completely symetrical and all the nice faces are symetrical....odd compliment but it felt nice however strange a comment!...lol

Jennyx

look at you getting all these flattering remarks!!!!

Just a quick one, off to disco class now, just call me Christina!!!!

Will post later, hope your day has been a good one
x

Teehee. Looks yummy to me. Especially the fat one. I keep imagining it roasted on a bit of lamb :D

My mother use to cook the mutton on a Sunday years ago with what looked like a cloth of fat!

The photo is brill, it does make you think when you look at it!

omg...lol

Poor little Trinny and Suzanna, they wriggled and snorted even once they had been cut open...it really turned my stomach...(and this was supposed to be one of the better abatoirs)...It really upset me..they followed Gordon inside trustingly like little pet dogs and were led to an appauling death. I thought once stunned they were out of it but they so seemed so aware of what was going on....it gave me the same chill as visiting an old dungeon in a casle and thinking about the barbaric torture that once took place there.

Ive never had vegetarian tendencies before despite both my parents and sister being that way for over 30 years now. Ive loved my meat..but I never really thought how it got to my plate.

Well I have just looked at myself and have another question re:weight loss and distribution.

I look slim..(ish) when standing up....but when sitting down I discover someone has put an enourmous sponge pudding on my lap....(when will that go?)

Love and hugs

Jennyxxx

Vicky ...Ooops Christina! How was the disco dancing...I used to love boogieing...maybe in Cyprus where no one knows me...

xxx

hiya jen

disco was fab!!!! I really enjoyed it, we are doinga routine to an ultrabeat song, only fell over a few times!

Well, ive been invited out on fri nite for a ball and ive accepted but now i wish i hadn't. Im really scared about being faced with all that food. ive ordered melon and chicken but im still scared, probably sounds daft but i havent had to think about food for a month and now i dont want to ruin everything.
AAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Hope your day has been good, Im glad i didnt see f word, not surprised you are thinking about meat.
Vx

Hi Disco Diva!

I love dancing makes me feel all inspired and happy. Especialy the sort of songs that stick with you all day long.

Just had some chicken and salad...very nice

Its suprising how a little food fills me up now. I am sure its to do with not having carbs though as I have no cravings to scoff stuff at all...

I reckon Ive worked out my trigger... I always suspected my love affair with Potatoes, Pasta, Rice, Bread and cakes was my donwfall..

If I can continue in life with a low Carb Diet I should manage much better at keeping the fat off.

Ive got my cyprus currency now. Can you tell me roughly how much (in cypriot pounds) an average meal costs in Cyprus...£500 English = £411 Cypriot notes so I am hoping it will go as far as £500 would in this country...eg a £20 english meal = a £15 Cypriot note meal in Cyprus...or am I in for a shock.

Still losing but not showing on scales (my clothes fitting much better)

Love to you all

Jennyxxx

Day 30
Ok so I am feeling a lot better now. No longer craving carbohydrates, cheese or chocolate. I am however feeling exceptionally tired all the time. I can only compare it to how I used to feel after doing a double shift at the airport (16 hours)…when I finally got in from work I would just drop into my bed (fully clothed at times!....I was 19!) and full into an immediate state of unconsciousness .

I guess the lack of calories is causing my body to shut down and want to protect itself from what it considers unnecessary expenditure of energy.

Bang goes my decision to use my exercise workout every morning before work and swim after work. Maybe later I will feel less lethargic. I did have a brief period of energy where I cleaned the house top to bottom reminiscent of the time before the imminent birth of each of my children….(no more of those to go through thank god….although being pregnant is a good reason to be fat and live in baggy clothes!)…

Today at work I have felt a bit down. I was freezing cold on reception and told in the past to turn off the air con and put on the heaters. So I did this…and got told off as everyone else was hot….the trouble is I work in an open plan reception area which has a front and back door leading off of it…at the moment with an extra 100 staff (due to mailing) the doors are forever opening making reception a wind tunnel. Also reception shares the air con with the diner on the 1st floor which gets very hot…so either one person (me) is freezing or lots of people are hot….in the end I was told to wear a fleece to work…great image for front desk on reception isn’t it? I apologise to the visitors when they have to wait and make them a warm coffee as I am aware they too will be feeling the cold. Also the poor lady I trained up this morning to cover my 2 week holiday was frozen…luckily she witnessed the attack on me by the manager…(she felt so sorry for me and was flabbergasted by his response)…hope she can stay the course..

My fingers and nose are like blocks of ice…cant barely type anymore so will say bye till next time

Love Jennyxx

toilet phobia creeping in

I innocently went to the loo yesterday at work...and was stuck straining in agony for over an hour (embarrassing as I had only arranged 15 mins cover for my break on reception)

In the end I had to do something disgusting and basicaly push it back inside me as it just wouldnt budge!

I have the urge to go again now...but...im scared it will be a repeat of before.

I take fibre 89 and eat a bar a day plus loads of water and I am on AAM week with veg...so why this problem.

The last time I was on CD i solved it by drinking red wine....dont think I can do this this time!

any more tips please

I am using suppositries as well...piles have returned with a vengenace

Hi Jfc,

Have you tried a 20 minute walk as it does help with keeping the bowels moving and when you take fibre you do need some extra water along with it.

Also if you are feeling nervous then that won't help.
Toilette09.gif

Hiya Jen

Im feeling the cold too hun, pants isnt it!
Minis advice is good, exercise to try and shift the bulk, its probably built up and gone a bit hard, you may need to put a bit of vasaline on just to ease it out. sorry to sound so vile.
I found a thread that mini had started on carb intolerence, it was wierd because all the symptoms are what I have, skin tags, boils, darker pimentation etc so I too need to look at a low carb diet, think it will help with my weight maintence too

Have you tried those psylium husk things, holland and barret for the capsules,for your poo rpoblem they are supposed to be fab, mine are on order, if not then dulcolax perles to shift it then psilly husks to keep you in order.
Not long till your hol mate, gonna miss our daily threads!!!
the cost of living in cyprus is similar to here, but you can shop around and get some real good bargains. You really need to hire a car and go up troodos mountains, its really lovely up there.
I think your tiredness could be due to your wind down as you know your holiday is very soon, subconsciously we start to chill out and that may be the cause.
off to watch a bit of tv now, we have had our financial advisor here all night, doin me head in!!!!
Love
Vx

I suffered badly when pregnant and was in agony - was than when they suspected gall stones.

In the end to get things moving the only thing that worked was manual manipulation by pressing on the perinium to get it to a shape that would come out (sorry to be so gross) and when I admited this to my mum she said she had to do the same when she was pregnant with me.

Once the first lot moved I didn't have the problem as badly again.

hello all....thanks for the advice

I am pleased to say I have now regained control of my bowels...lol I dont ever want to have that feeling again. The manual manipulation thing is sort of what I did Chicken.

Did you have gall stones as well? I had to have my gall bladder removed 10 years ago because of them...nasty little blighters. All I can remember is this terrible pain penetrating through my back. I had them removed at Beneden hospital in Kent by Keyhole surgery and havent looked back...

Vicky, we are considering hiring a car but I am a bit wary of driving abroad (or rather letting 'him' drive abroad as the reason he wanted to go on a sun vacantion away from home is because he was fed up driving everywhere when we holiday in the UK. I would love to see the area more closesly but maybe there will be some organised excursions we can take part in.

Im finding the tiredness easing off too and wonder if my constipation problem was one of the reasons I felt so sluggish and out of sorts. (that and all the work I have to do before we leave....I peeked nervously in my laundry bin and there was enough for each of my family to go on holiday for at least a fortnight!!!)....and it was empty only 3 days ago...I swear half of it is just clean clothes they have found under their beds and decided its easy to chuck down to be washed than hang up!

Big Brother is nearly over now isnt it...what will we do? I suppose there will be Im a celebrity and other reality shows to keep us entertained. Do you think BB was too long this year?

Love to all of you

Jennyxxx

Hiya jen,

One good thing about Cyprus is they drive on the same side of the road as us!

Constipation does make me feel sluggish too so that was probably what made you feel so rough!

Bit sick of BB now, cant wait for x factor an saturday! After watching BB for what seems like years I am out tommorrow night so will miss the final!!!!!!!!!!

Well, add a meal from tonight! Just got my chicken in the george foreman and my spring greens on, have chopped up a peanut bar and frozen it for later.

Know what you mean about the washing bin, my family are just the same, dont tidy, just chuck it in there! Makes me wanna scream, but at least he has realised just how hard it is to cook every night now hes cooking for just himself, little one has tea in the holiday club. lol!

Anyway, off to enjoy my tea hun, speak soonx

Back