Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Morning Katy!

Hope you are well today and feeling good!

Wishing a great day
xx

Morning gals. I have taken on your exercise point Laura... one part of the picture that I always, always refuse to face. I KNOW what I have to do... just don't want to do it. Thanks for mentioning it, now is when I need to hear it! Lelly, thanks, sunny here so feeling OK. I have had my usual porridge brekky with fruit & yog, but taking teen kids to town, it's an hour's drive so will probably eat lunch there & do lots of walking... will check in later.

Hugs.

xxx

PS. Cross posted with you Raquel, good morning! Glad yesterday went well for you, well done resisting the choc. I am the world's worst at buying 'surrogate' choc for other people!

OK... didn't check in again yesterday, as noting good to report! We did stay in for lunch & then kids conned me into taing them to see Harry Potter (it was fab!). Then home... but choices not good. I thought I would start today by posting yesterday's food as a way of admitting it & starting afresh today.

So:

Porridge, 0% greek yog, berries
2 oatcakes with peanut butter
baked spud with lowfat cream cheese, salad & pineapple in town
1 thorntons cappucino bar & several handfuls toffee popcorn at cinema (WHY?????)
Linda McCartney pie, new potatoes, carrots & peas
1 shape mango yoghurt
3 oatcakes with peanut butter

I can see at a glance this is way too much, and yes, I think I have got used again to feeling full (over-full) which is NOT what I want. I also spent much of yesterday craving sugar, and that is a very slippery slope... I end up eating all kinds of things I don't need to try and stave off the craving. So... wake up call. Today is going to be very different!

The trip away is over. The cold has all but gone. I'm home - time to stop bending the rules and pushing the boundaries.

I did step on scales this morning, 10 13, so still under goal, but sneaking up. It stops here!

xxx

Onwards and upwards hon, or downwards as the case may be.

Your 'bad' food day looks a whole lot better than some of my food days of late! Okay, don't know if that helps keep things in perspective but hope you have a better day today.

Thanks hon... it felt like a lot more at the time, & I can see it has been much much worse in the past, but there were choices there that didn't make sense... linda mc pies I don't even like & very high fat (OH cooked them & seemed rude to refuse) & toffee popcorn was horrid... the choc bar was lovely but just made me want more! I suppose it is just getting it all in perspective. Today will be better, for both of us!

xxx

Ah, hugs Quizz, good to hear from you.

xxx

**creeps very quietly back in and whispers hello! **

hope you are all better from your cold Katy and I promise what you class as a 'bad' day in here is very angelic to my 'bad' days! My best mate Julie (on here on the verge of IVF) will testify to that ..... when Im good Im angelic and when Im not I do an impression of being on the verge of all food disappearing from the planet in the next 24 hours so have to sample everything before it leaves.........

Unfortunately have been in a strange place mentally the last week or so. PMT is a MAJOR factor, but other stuff aswell not diet related.
As I havent been posting you can tell there hasnt been anything good to report food wise and I think I now have all my glycogen back (and probably then some)

I dont want to hijack your thread with my ramblings, so am going to start a maintenance diary on here with it all......

You are still my inspiration and I look forward to reading your diary and everyone elses on here to keep me on track.
Love
Jess
xxx

Jess, so good to see you. And SO good to know you will be on this forum! YAY!!! Since coming back from my travels have found the main forum quiet, few people I know there. You were awol, and Tilly, Lexie & a whole bunch of others seem to have vanished. I know Julie and Greeneyes have moved over here, (phew) but things change so fast it can leave you stranded! I love my maintenance pals though, without them I would be nowhere.

BUT.... sorry you have been in a bad place hon. I hope you are OK. I am the world's worst at hoovering up every carb and sugar in the universe, and I fear so much going back to that kind of binge that I suppose my radar starts squealing when i feel I am near to crossing that line. Still, at least there IS a radar now, never used to be.

I just have this huge fear of relaxing, eating all before me again and waking up three months later to find I have regained the whole 4st whatever. Nooooooo!!!!! Not gonna happen. CANNOT happen. I enjoy feeling like 'me' again too much, and feel so much better (apart from tail end of this yukky cold) that I won't allow it to.

You're not going back either, hon. Hang on. We're here for you, and you will get to goal... and stay there! Can't wait to read your maintenance diary Jess, and big hugs.

xxx

thanks so much for the support Katy it means so much - Im filling up here and I know what you mean - my 'support' (Lexie, Wellandgood, crazylilblondie, Tilly) on the main forum slowly but surely have gone awol - not all of them curly is still there and hopefully to be here soon, but there are alot of newbies and as much as they are great they dont understand what its like to be on the diet long term - they will depending on how much they have to lose and I suppose it just felt easier to read and lurk than post especially as I wasnt sticking to it and I didnt want to dampen their moods either with mine!

I do love this diet and it has had amazing results as I lost 4st but Im hovering now at my usual comfort weight and I need to reassess my goals and aim for something realistic.
but on a down side it really has affected me mentally in so many ways and was making me horrible around the kids and they dont deserve it ( I know I have said this before but it is very much a recurrent theme and I cant do it anymore) so thats one of the main reasons I need to be on a higher plan.

I also need kicking up the bum and hounding if I dont post my daily food diary as in some ways it was so easy to disappear and not own up to what I was eating.

Im so glad your siren goes off I wish mine did - well actully it does but my subconscious puts it on mute and I carry on anyway. There has to be some kind of treatment I can have for that! I know I am an emotional eater ( for every emotion) think I am going to look into hynotherapy again aswell.

thanks again for the support. am just in the process of doing my first post for my diary - will probably span 3 pages knowing how much I ramble!!!

Thanks hon... it felt like a lot more at the time, & I can see it has been much much worse in the past, but there were choices there that didn't make sense... linda mc pies I don't even like & very high fat (OH cooked them & seemed rude to refuse) & toffee popcorn was horrid... the choc bar was lovely but just made me want more! I suppose it is just getting it all in perspective. Today will be better, for both of us!

xxx

Okay so it wasn't just the food itself that bothered you but your reasons for eating it as well? That makes sense.

I'm having a good day today. It's day four, I've learnt a lot thanks to the ever lovely KD and I'm debating going for a little run.

Laura you are the voice of my conscience... have been glued to laptop today, working, but zero exercise! Food choices a bit more controlled... so far so good.

xxx

Friday 17th July

Still a long way from perfect. Food list...

Brekky: porridge, 0% greek yog, berries, flaked almonds
snack: CD hot choc
snack: CD bar
lunch: 2 slices rye bread with peanut butter & mashed banana
snack: 2 x oatcakes & peanut butter, shape yog
tea: pasta, cheese sauce, asparagus; shape yog

seems like way too much, and again, have that too-full feeling. The oatakes were an emotional reaction to a grumpy OH who made a 'joke' that upset me and then got annoyed because I didn't think it was funny... grrr.

Think I still have a way to go. :0(

xxx

Friday 17th July

Still a long way from perfect. Food list...

Brekky: porridge, 0% greek yog, berries, flaked almonds
snack: CD hot choc
snack: CD bar
lunch: 2 slices rye bread with peanut butter & mashed banana
snack: 2 x oatcakes & peanut butter, shape yog
tea: pasta, cheese sauce, asparagus; shape yog

seems like way too much, and again, have that too-full feeling. The oatakes were an emotional reaction to a grumpy OH who made a 'joke' that upset me and then got annoyed because I didn't think it was funny... grrr.

Think I still have a way to go. :0(

xxx

What's this about perfection? We are people, it's about doing your best and knowing when good enough is okay. Are you planning your food? Don't forget your vegies ;)

I tried to plan but the plan didn't quite work out. And now that I am supposedly eating normally, OH is helpfully making tea and I am faced with choices I'd rather not have... had planned poached egg & asparagus & came home after an hour over seeing elderly mum, and found pasta and cheese sauce - offloaded some to son's plate! It was yum but not what i planned. Hard to say I'd rather cook for myself especially as I am usually out for an hour at this time in evening to see my mum.

Suppose main worries are the sugar cravings, very evident in my food list.

And yes, where are the veggies... good point.

Tomorrow is another day!

Off to watch BB.

xxx

It's great he's trying to help but you need to talk about him about what kind of food that works for you. Obviously that's changed since before CD and I'm sure there's a way you can compromise. Maybe you prepare some vegies in the morning or sit down and plan the weeks' food together?

Enjoy BB and have a good evening xx

Glad you back home safe and sound Katy, stop being hard on yourself honey,you are still in control.
Off to Wales for a week today...woke up at 05:30!!
Catch up with you when I get back. Take care beautiful xxx

Hi hun,

It seems pretty difficult to get used to eating off CD again. I guess it's a lot of trial and error. :) I found 1000A fab and 100oB really hard even tho there's hardly any difference. I find the portions are too big yet I'm finding it hard to stick within the plan. As Laura says.... we're learning all the time and I too never ever want to go back to how I was before.

I need to get myself back on here reading lots again. Hope you're having a great day xxx

Back