Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Hi everyone, thanks for still posting while I was away! Have missed you all too. I am back from really fab 5 days in France, chilled out and sunny and fun. Swam in friend's pal's pool twice, walked loads, ate salad lots & toasted myself in sun! Even OH chilled out a bit. Feel quite inspired and fired up again.

I am still hovering over 11st, so time to get serious now and get to final goal of 10.7 and work the steps slowly this time and MAINTAIN!!! Have pushed the boundaries a bit lately, and here I am the wrong side of goal... but have had my fix of Baileys and wicked food for the summer, ready now to get the last bit of weight off and keep it off. Will adjust ticker & stats soon, but just stating my plan! I thought that 810 would be best to get there, but have adjusted that to 1000... will see how that goes. If progress is too slow, will step down one.

Seeing CDC thursday so that will be a good focus, and need to get supplies of course.

Anyway... thanks all of you for being there and sticking with me through my wobble... you are all fab.

xxx

Hiya Katy, glad you had a good relaxing time away, and you kept active too... well done.
Good on you determination to lose that bit of extra weight, I have decided to do that too, but since coming back from holiday and finding that I hadn't really put on any weight am also tempted to just maintain properly, I am wondering if I lose that extra 10lb whether it will come off where I want it to anyway. So have this conflict going on in my mind at the moment. Good luck with your weightloss and we are following you every step of the way so hopefully if you post your menus every day this will help keep you on track.... take care.

Good to see you back Katy, obviously being in France did you the world of good! :)

Thanks Greeneyes & Serena...

Greeneyes, I found it helpful to stop and stabilise at my original goal of 11st and stayed there for 3 months before creeping up above it... so now seems like a good time to push down to the final goal. I think if you are happy for now, that is good... focus now on staying there and then see how you feel in a few months time? It's a personal decision, the other way, of getting all way to final goal now and then putting CD behind you for good... that has its advantages also, so it has to be your call honey. Well done for staying same over holiday! Yay!

Serena, sunshine helps a lot... especially now I am home and Scotland seems to be pretty much underwater!!! Sigh. Have read your post of the leeway thread with real interest, will catch up on your thread soon too. Wondered if you have stepped down a couple of plans to lose the extra weight, or if you are just getting food into better balance without a CD step?

Just off to reset my ticker. will begin posting menus today also.

xxx

hey hunny! glad you are back, hope you had a fab hol!!
You sound so very determined for the next part of your journey, yay you!
Have a fab day!

xx

Sounds like your hol was just what the doctor ordered my dear glad to have you back and sounding so positive. Keep up the good work honey and 7lbs is nothing you will be there in no time xxxx

Hey katy......
Welcome back......... We have missed you glad you had such a fab time... and good on you for getting right back into it...... You sound really dertermined which is fab..
Good on you hon xx

YEah!!! Welcome Back Katy!! Missed you loads on here. Glad to hear your holiday in France was good, sounds like just what you needed :) I too feel I have had my share of 'baileys' (wine in my case) and summer foods, and are gonna work at maintaining and losing the last bit slowly ..... very slowly it seems :p (haha)

Anyway, look forward to chatting more now you are back xoxox

Aw, hi Curly, Lelly, Julie & Raquel...

I am unravelled already. Cutting back? 1000 plan? Er... not quite working.

CD hot choc
handful strawberries & 2 spoons 0% greek yog
4 oatcakes with peanut butter
2 wheat-free bakewell slices (fave cake... daughter opened packet and suddenly they were gone).

Feel so stupid. Again. That will have to be my lunch, but not the lunch I planned... well, too bad. Next foodstop quorn & veg at 6. Idiot, idiot, idiot. What am I doing?

xxx

Wondered if you have stepped down a couple of plans to lose the extra weight, or if you are just getting food into better balance without a CD step?

Much as I would love to go back to CD I'm not allowing myself to because my brain needs to learn to take responsibility for my actions - if I make it too easy to blast the weight off then I'll be caught up in an endless cycle of on CD/off CD if that makes sense??

Edited to add that I’m not implying that by doing CD we’re not taking proper responsibility for our actions/issues. I’m talking very much in the context of once you’ve hit your final goal, it’s better in the long term to move on from CD and not use it as a crutch to lose weight, when what we should be working on losing the habits that make us regain the weight.

I am unravelled already. Cutting back? 1000 plan? Er... not quite working. Feel so stupid. Again. That will have to be my lunch, but not the lunch I planned... well, too bad. Next foodstop quorn & veg at 6. Idiot, idiot, idiot. What am I doing?

Aww don't be so hard on yourself hun, if you're an idiot then we're all idiots! (and we're not ;)) There can be such a fine line between complacency and panic when it comes to food and finding the balance between the two can be hard. Have your quorn and veg at 6:00 so that you're back on track today and then tomorrow is a brand new day :)

Last edited:
Aw honey dont beat yourself up your only human and perhaps still on france time lol. As serena says its a new day tomorrow!!! (good choices though I looooovvvveee peanut butter could eat it for breakfast, dinner and tea!!!!!!) xxxx

Thanks both... peanut butter and me, now there is a story. But i am OK now... sometimes I do this to myself... create a mini binge before my head is ready to accept that better eating patterns are on the way. Mad but... so am I!

Serena, v. interesting about the CD... I know I was not as far aong with maintaining, but still a part of me is resisting the 1000 (as you can see!). I want to be able to do it myself, but fearful that I can't. Or that it will take too long. Crooked thinking I know. Food for thought. And since posting earlier, have been good girl... I will do this.

xxx

Hope today has been as good as yesterday my dear and your right you can do this!!!!xxxx

Hi Katy, how has today been? I seem to start the day excellently but lose the plot totally by dinner time.... I am trying to cook more healthy stuff for everyone, but haven't calorie counted it at all, I am assuming it is between 1200 and 1500, and I am struggling bigtime to be motivated to lose the extra weight. I think I will be happier maintaining, I just need to try and get out of the habit of jumping on the scales as soon as I have been to the toilet in the morning, sometime I get up especially to weigh myself....
I think we are both going to lose this extra weight very very slowly, but hey hun as long as we get there in the end that is all that matters.

Thanks guys for checking in on me. After my last post, fell into full-on binge... wtf??? First time since Xmas. Scary, horrible, shameful. And SECRET. God, how did I get to that place again? My head is all over the place. I thought I had learned... ha.
Yesterday, started better. Choc shake, another for lunch with bar. Then 810 meal, so far so good. Then 0% yog & strawbs (not on 810 plan). Then 2 kitcats. (Not on ANY plan).
Today. I choc shake, and hopefully see my CDC again after 6 week break. I hope, as she hasn't called. I can't call her I feel too ashamed. I am 11 4 today, was 11 6 yesterday. All of a sudden my mood matches my avatar again. Feel so sad, so low.
I don't deserve to be slim, so I guess I will do everything in my power to make sure I'm not...
Sorry guys. Just trying to kick myself up the bum and snap out of this.

xxx

Hi Katy

I have literally 2 minutes before I have to log out and start work but just wanted to send you a massive hug. Your logical head knows your gain is mainly glycogen etc - just imagine you're standing on those scales holding 2 kitkats and a big bucket of water...cos that's all it is. Will check in again later but be kind to yourself today xxx

Hey Katy, I know exactly where you are coming from sometimes I am a hairs breadth from binging and I can even picture myself stuffing food into my mouth as quickly as possible, it takes so much willpower to keep in control coz I know I could lose it big time if I gave in. Dont be ashamed of calling your CDC, they have seen it all before, I honestly think the majority of people slip up a lot of the time and it takes them ages if ever to get to goal, so she will have helped people who have gained weight before. If you stick to plan you will lose that weight quickly.... my scales are showing a gain today, I know exactly why and am going to try doubly hard today to not have a piece of the cake I am going to cook for everyone else, if I fail on this, then I will buy them all ice cream for dessert as I am not a great fan of ice cream and will not be tempted. I am going to have a few plums after my dinner tonight and let the others eat the cakes. Also if I am hungry I am going to drink more tea or water and see if I can control the hunger that way. Good luck for today Katy and just put yesterday behind you and move forward....

Back