Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

You know, I would not survive without you lovely girlies. Your posts made me smile, hang my head in shame, and laugh... thanks, all of you.

My afternoon was not good. An upsetting phone call triggered the truffles, nothing major, just a change of plan that brings me into contact with someone I very much dislike, possibly the only person I really dislike in the area... the news was just unsettling and felt all unhappy & churny, and 5 mins later the truffles were under attack. To be honest, their days were numbered anyway. I knew that... you probably knew that... I just wasn't admitting it.

So. Enjoyed them. They were fab, & there were only 6. (I say only, as if there'd been 20 I'd still have eaten the lot I guess).

Worked. Got plenty done, sorted out a few probs, felt happy with progress. OH came home. Had quiche & coleslaw. I 'wanted' same. Had 1/4 small quiche (I looked, 259 cals... HOW????), with coleslaw. (Cals...?) Then went out to see mum, taking biscuits to share. Really, taking biscuits to eat secretly. They are gluten free ones I keep in cupboard for a friend. Ate 4 in car. Only 3 left so left packet in car. (Logic? Knew son would see & was ashamed.) Son had made upside down cake at school, ate 2 small slices. By then felt full & sickened from all the sugar. Drove home, threw last 3 biscuits in bin.

Cals? About a million.

I need to ask why I can only manage a few healthy days before falling into a binge. Argghhhh. But I love you guys, I really do, you keep me sane... or what passes for it. Alli, feel for you hun. Hope your day in London was fab, and that you did at least enjoy the blip.

xxx

LOL Katy - Oh I did enjoy it and to be honest, don't feel that upset by my slip. We did loads of walking and the soup I'm having tonight is pretty much just squash and stock so not many calories at all. I reckon if I don't overdo it tonight I will still be on maintenance calories so at least I'm not putting on weight.

Why do we trick ourselves like this? I don't know how many times I've picked up a box of chocolate or large bag of crisps in the shop convinced that I will eat it over several days (i.e. a few each day) - EVERY time I eat the lot on the day I bought it!! Like Uncle Albert said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". :D

Madness!! - Quite literally!

It's longer then a few days you know and 6 truffles and 4 biscuits don't really constitute a binge. It's just not what you planned for today and that's probably very scarey. Move on, leave it behind.
( Look at me giving advice - Ha! Only just crawled put of the swamp myself-with a lot of help from dear friends like you though.)
Understand completely about the local horror, I've got just one of those too. Hey, we could put both their names in a drawer?! ;) That'd fix them! x

Hmmm, must be chocolate day today, I have eaten 3 celebrations, why couldn't I just stick to the 1.... I know it isn't really bad, but I didn't want to eat them, just couldn't say no.... unhappy about the not being able to say no bit... but they were very yummy... oh well tomorrow is another day, and Thursday we are going to Dublin, so will be very bad foodwise and drinkwise as everyone keeps telling me to have a Guinness for them... thats 3 or 4 so far, DH says he will carry me home... lol

Tomorrow is another day Katy, we just have to try and start each day as we mean to go on.... one day we will crack it, but probably not for a while yet.

This is now making me smile because we all do do the same things, so it makes me feel normal :)

The biscuits thing is exactly the sort of thing I would do Katy. I've even bought biscuits in the past that I'm not mad about and said 'won't eat them all because I'm not that keen' Who am I kidding?!

Also, it's completely unfair about cals in quiche. Bacon and cheese quiche should be healthy, no cals.

I fought with a tub of ice cream last night and lost - there was only a little left so didn't break the bank but still. I did the whole - put 2 scoops in a small bowl, put the tub back in the freezer, eat ice cream daintily with a small spoon. Put the bowl in the dishwasher, get the tub out of the freezer and scoff the rest straight from the tub..

Ha ha ha !! :8855: Just brilliant!! :D What flavour was it? ! x

This is now making me smile because we all do do the same things, so it makes me feel normal :)

Oh yes, we are all normal here!! :D Thank goodness- human at least and all very loveable like Katy! xx

Hey katy, I too cant get throug a few days without going into a binge. I really think it has a lot to do with the pressure I put on myself to be skin and succeed, then all of a sudden I cant handle it, but I also think its cos I think im missing out on something and that annoys me. But we carry on hey-

Hi Katy, catching up on the last couple of days posts on your blog. It's reassuring to read that others struggle with temptation too - on Sunday l ate about 1/2 a tub (maybe more!) of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream after filling some out for my daughter. It wasn't the fact that l ate some ice-cream that bothered me afterwards, it was more that l seemed to go on some sort of auto pilot and greedily scoff it without consciously making a choice about it. :copon: I know l've still got a lot to learn and work on.
Another thing why do l still want ice-cream when l'm always cold these days??? :rolleyes:

Morning Katy, hope you have a good Wednesday, that the weather is good and you get out for a walk today. I don't even want to think about the greed I had yesterday with the choc orange segments that were offered round. Seriously embarassing thinking about it now (and thinking about the wrappers in my bin under the desk). Where has all my restraint and control gone???

Like Liz says, we are all the same - crazy xxx

Big hugs for everyone who posted, you are lovely. You make me feel less stupid and less alone, and that helps. I just get fed up making the same mistake AGAIN, I am such a slow learner, never used to be, it's annoying!

But as Bess says, we've all been in that swamp, so we know how it feels!

Feel brighter today. Felt brighter yesterday in fact after putting biccies in bin and posting the full confession on here. I have had a smaller than usual porridge brekky, with banana cooked into it like Lelly does, nice. Am driving this morning, and working this afternoon, so hopefully will stay out of trouble.

Sending you all Wednesday hugs.

xxx

Wednesday hugs to you too Katy - I finished yesterday on a low note after yet another ice cream incident, but today is a new day and I've got my exercise clothes all ready to work out with my new Wii game (if you can call it game). I'm still aching from Monday.

Hope you have a good day!

Past two o clock and so far so good. Some days, you have to take it bit by bit! Porridge for brekky, out all morning, resisted the lure of coffee in town though it was strong... lentil & veg stew for lunch, hot CD shake to stave off my sugar cravings. So far so good.

xxx

You are doing good Katy.... I have only had 1 rolo today that I shouldn't have had... have lots to do this afternoon and running out of time, but am still hungry after my lunch, I think I will get a Muller Yoghurt and have another cup of coffee before I start on everything...

You sound like you are doing great hon, good for you! Take the bugger hour by hour if you need to, i certainly do!! x

Good to see you back lil' Sleepy, have missed you mucho! Big hugs.

xxx

Cheers lovely, have been soo busy recently not had the time to sit and read through what everyone else has been up to. Glad you are still keeping your chin up :) x

Back