ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

I'm being really good, I felt really confident yesterday that I was going to lose this week but today I feel a lot less hopeful. I had a really spicy dinner and I think its playing havoc with my insides, I feel really bloated so maybe thats the reason for the mood change. It doesnt help that I've been weighing myself all day - dont yell!! I know its bad, but its only because I wanted to see how much my weight can change in one day - not because I'm hanging on to every ounce loss lol!
Plus its my totm this week, I've been drinking loads of water and having an occasional green tea - not a tea, cola or milkshake in sight! So I'm hoping I'm not going to hold too much water come weigh in - on Sunday mine is.
My fiance is treating me to a night out tomorrow, I can drink like a fish but instead of going for pints of cider like I normally would I'm just going to have rosé spritzers, does anyone know how many PP they are? I've not touched my weekly PP so far so I'll use them to soak up the damage!

not sure how many pp is in them but i know the bacardi breezer low one is really low in pp. u should try that!

our leader was sayin for every cup of coffee and tea u drink u need to replace it with a glass of water! was sooo shocked as i drink at least 6 cups of coffee a day and wouldnt drink that much water! been wakin up with headaches the last few weeks and now that i think about it, it is probably dehydration!!! she also said that diet fizzy drinks slow down ur motabolizm (forgive the spelling) even though they are zero pointed!!!! gonna try and drink plenty of water this week and cut out the coffee!!!!!

ps dont drink alot of water the day u get weighed as this will increase ur weight xxxxx

oh and i wouldnt worry about weighin urself every day lol. ive also been doin that this week(and i know i shouldnt)!!!! my weight goes up by about 2lb in the evenin!!!! i also have my totm this week!!! had it in my head that i wasnt gonna lose any weight this week!!!!

Hmmm, I'm not sure how much they are, I'm sure there's something about wine in the 'pocket guide' booklet (I would check for you, but mine's currently in the kitchen with my cats & don't want to disturb them, as it's past their bedtime! lol). Don't beat yourself up so much, even if you stay the same this week because of your TOTM, you will probably lose double next week to make up for it. Although you will likely be fine and are just worrying unnecessarily! Relax and enjoy yourself tomorrow night, you've earned a nice reward! :)

As for the Chinese, laurenasha, it's all about the weekly pro points! :D

So we've got a Thursday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday weigh in! It'll give me something to distract myself from my own struggles and live vicariously through all of your losses! lol.

Eurgh, that sucks about the diet fizzy drinks slowing your metabolism. :( I'm totally addicted to Diet Coke, probably drink 2 or 3 2L bottles a week. I tried giving it up and switching to water a while ago, but nearly went crazy! It's like one of the only vices I have left (as I used to smoke, as well as eating like a pig!), so I guess I will just live with losing slower! I always wondered whether drinking more water makes you lose more weight. I should try it as an experiment some week, although I don't think I could drink more than 4 pint glasses in a day.

i know a full bottle of wine is 29pp if that helps xxxxxxxxx with diet mixers u could make that do u all night xxxxx

we've been told in class that drinkin water definately helps u lose weight, although im not sure how it does it!!!! but wouldnt dare drink alot on WI day lol xxxxx

todays tracker

daily allowance 39(38 from tomor):
milk 2pp
coffee 0pp
bannana 0pp
weetabix 3pp
bannana 0pp
diet coke 0pp
2 caburys mini eggs 1pp
ww chicken dinner 6pp

chinese:
small chicken chow mein,
half bag of chips
small pot gravy 20pp

daily allowance used 32pp

has anyone any idea if the chinese sounds right!!! i tried to work it out as best as i could and thats what i got!!!!!

Again, I'd need to check my book, but I think a Chow Mein is around 8PP, so you'd just need to see what an average amount of chips is in the eating out bit in the back & the gravy!

I post my daily food in here, in case anyone's interested, although don't look to me for inspiration, because I am a snack-a-holic! lol. http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/179628-being-smaller-me.html

Was just reading over the beginning of this thread and saw that a couple of you have tried some of the food-replacement-type diets (at least I think that's what they are!) and I was wondering what you thought of them? Like are the losses brilliant, but you're hungry/unsatisfied all the time, so it's hard to keep on them? I've only ever been on the old WW plan.

laurenasha I found this thread a little while ago, hope it helps;

http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-propoints-queries/176630-few-take-away-pp.html

Your right though, shouldn't beat myself up. Who know's - I might lose! I think its because this is the longest I've ever stuck to a diet before, I'm putting so much into it and its heartbreaking when you get no results.

Also, water increases metabolism (I think by around 3-5%) because if our body is hydrated then our internal organs and processed will function better and faster. It's also meant to boost energy levels and it helps the flush out the toxins in your body. Theres a saying 'the more you drink the more you'll shrink' !!

I usually manage around 3-4 pints a day, I get a lot of water from vegetables and fruits too. I didnt know that for every tea you had to drink a glass of water! I always thought tea,coffee etc counts towards the daily water intake?! Is that even for herbal teas do you know?

Erin I tried slimfast before and I was costantly starving, because of that I was snacking so it did nothing for me. I've also tried many MANY 'ailments' such as Acai Berries and even apple cider supplements which were a fad at one point. Nothing ever compares to good old fashion balanced diets and exercise, I'm crying as I type that haha!
My mum is doing something called Diet Chef at the minute whichis kind of a meal replacement. She basically got sent a months word of food and she eats that instead of cooking for herself. Her day normally comprises of a granola for breakfast (flavoured), then a soup for lunch, then for dinner a pre-packaged meal like lasagne or meatballs or risotto. She also gets snacks which she is only allowed one a day of; things like popcorn or oatmeal cookies. Its quite low carb and its probably all really high in salt but it averages 1200kcal a day, shes on day 3 today she weighs 16st so I think her first weigh in on Monday could show a significant loss.

Aww, I'm sure you will get results if you stick to plan, although I know it can be frustrating to STS for a couple of weeks, but just try not to put so much pressure on yourself and stick to your guns and the scales will start moving again. Just think, you are living in a healthy way now and not gaining and are heading in the right direction every day.

Slim Fast is the two shakes a day & one healthy meal, right? Ah well, at least you've come to that conclusion now that balanced diet is the best way. I think I've learned over my many losses, halts and gains that slow and steady is the way to do this and DO NOT QUIT, even for a weekend, cos once you're off the wagon, that's when all the damage happens. So I am planning on sticking to this diet (either PP if it works for me, or Discovery, if it doesn't!) until at least Christmas 2011, if not longer, even if I only lose 0.5lb a week. I *have* to do it this time!

As for the tea thing, on QI (sorry, Stephen Fry addict over here!) they said that although tea & coffee are antidiuretics (decrease urine production), the amount of actual water in the drinks themselves outweigh that effect by like 90% or something. Also found this about tea being healthier than water (!!) on the BBC site BBC NEWS | Health | Tea 'healthier' drink than water Although there will always be contradicting opinions on these things, I guess the best thing to do is try doing one or the other for a week and see if it makes any difference to you personally.

yeah jus havin a cup of coffee before work and then im gonna try to stick to water the rest of the day!!! gonna do that all week and see how i feel!!!!!

only problem is u are constantly runnin to the loo when drinking soo much lol!!!!

as for the meal replacements i have only ever tried lipotrim!!! was never tooo hungry, i went on the easier one which is two shakes a day and one low cal meal. but to be honest i agree that there is nothing better than a healthy balanced diet! meal replacements are ok for a few weeks. but they are not substanable(so for the spelling again lol)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow, was just browsing around the forum and some poor lady on one of the food replacement diets is starting to have her hair fall out! It makes me glad to be doing the balanced diet thing!

omg i am having such a rotton day!!!! i am in a foul mood, my head is busting and im exhausted!!!! jus want to eat really badly!!!!!! oh and tescos is a curse! went in today to do some shoppin and the donuts were shouting to me!!!! oh and the big bars of galaxy were £1 i could have eaten 3. am really fighting with myself today!!!! cant wait till bedtime!!!!!!

You can do it!! Take some headache tablets and a long, relaxing soak. Try filling up on fruit/veg and then a nice tasty treat like hot chocolate with a couple of marshmallows, or a small chocolate bar.

aw i jus ate chicken fingers with bread and spagetti hoops with the kids!!!! only have 6pp left today and wanted a wkd and a wee chocolate treat when they boys went to bed!!!! gonna have to use a few weekly points tonight for the first time!!!!!

Ah well, sure that's what they're there for. :)

Co. Down! About 30 minutes from Belfast, why are you a fellow Northerner?

Back