louisedan diary

Well done :clap: x

Really pleased. THANKS ALL! If you hadn't been there for me to whinge at this week I really think I would have thrown in the towel. Think I'll stick to the ee/red mix for a while and hope it keeps working.

done 2 reds already and third today. Used 10 syns on Monday but none yesterday-looking forward to a takeaway on the weekend.MIL still in hospital so leaving shortly....

Yep just up the road. Just been to wi.Gutted -2lb on . followed it 100% SO DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON!!!!Told me to do just red this week .

Louisedan - sorry about the gain. There has to be something strange going on! Here are a few observations to provoke some thought.

You mentioned a take-away at the weekend. I find that if I have a take-away it basically undoes all the good work I've done during the week. It doesn't matter what sort of take-away, they all just have too much fat and it always wrecks what has otherwise been a good week. I put on ½ lb this week because of a Chinese (meal that is not a person!).

Do you use your syns every day or accumulate some to take into account for a weekend splurge? A few people can get away with doing this, many others can't. If you don't have enough syns each day this can totally wreck the balance of the plan. I'm definitley in the can't save camp.

I've just had a look through all your food again and two things have jumped out at me.
1. You do seem to be have had a few meals (eg kebab, curries) that are high in fats which equates to high in syns. I know you are counting the syns for them but on the days you are having them you go way over the maximum 15 allowed (so presumably skimping on the other days).
2. Bananas - the fruit that is not you :D LOL.
Whilst they are free the big problem with them is that they are seriously high in complex carbs - ie sugars. Now that's great if you're an athlete and need a quick energy hit to keep you going (look at what the tennis players eat during a game). But if you aren't using them to boost your energy whilst exercising then they're very quickly converted to fat which gets retained by the body. Try going for superspeed fruits instead (eg melon and berries) - this really helps me.

And finally, how close to target are you? If you're not that far off then it may be you need to cut back on syns.

This all sounds a bit negative - I don't mean it to be - but it may help you have a think about what might be the cause of the gains.

:( sorry x

I know with you mil ill, its a lot harder for you. As pomette says with the the takeaways, are you able to try making them, the asian beef one i gad was lush and i just popped it on a bed of stir fry veg, when im on lunch i'll see if i can pull up the link and post it and see if you can get it that way x

I asked my con about all the points you raised and she said my choices were fine. There are times when due to work Ihave to have a takeaway on the run but I do make sure they are well within my weekly syns.I don't scrimp on other days I just don't need/want them.I have an underactive thyroid and she says that is the problem and it will take twice as long for me to lose it no matter how good I am. I will try to miss the takeaways but with work and mil at the moment its difficult. I have cut down on bananas like you said but con is adamant they won't make any difference. Going to try red this week without any ee.Thanks for the answers I do appreciate it

Hiya folks - if you want a copy of the recipe PM me and I will send it. The website is copyright protected but I have managed to get the info.

There is also a Chicken curry on the free part of the SW website that could be adapted to any meat
http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/chicken-curry.aspx

Plus some samosas here
http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/vegetable-samosas-and-hara-chutney.aspx

If you are a member and have access to online there are a further 16 recipes if you use "curry" to search in the recipe finder!

Oh Louise, I know you must be gutted, but it must be really difficult for you with work and MIL, but at the end of the day, you do have to eat, and if it's a takeaway, so be it.
Just hang in there, and I'm sure it will all work out, just remember the story of the hare and the tortoise!
BTW I'm even more of a tortoise than you, by week six, I had lost an amazing 3.5 lbs!

weds 6 July red day.
bf-nectarine

lunch
chicken ,salad veg no dressing
apple.plum.

dinner
bacon.egg.parsons sausagex2(1 syn)
tinned tomatoes,mushrooms cooked in bovril stock and then fried dry,parsons beefburger(o syns). 2 slices white nimble(hex b)
acivia raspberry snack pot.

evening snack
tesco cheesy curls 3.5 syns

hexa 350ml skimmed milk.(either have same in a latte later for 2nd hexa or have 2 slices lowlow cheese)
2nd hexb-kelloggs fibre plus.
drinks- green teas. latte( 1st hexa).tesco light choices cranberry juice drink(free).2 bottles water.
total 4.5 syns.
yesterday had 6 syns.

chris parsons has a butchers in Whitchurch, Cardiff. Syn free burgers and sausages 1/2 syn-but taste like real ones not rubbery like the supermarket ones.All SW approved.Best ones I've had-I prefer them to Joe's as well.

Back