Lounge's EE food diary

Thanks Donna:) Was surfing yours last night and you've had some lovely things as well. Infact I'm doing your jambalaya for tonight:)

My HXA is always skimmed milk

20/7/10
Breakfast:
Raspberries with an Activia fat free strawberry yog poured over
1 Alpen light bar - 1/2 HXB

Lunch:
Omlet pan 1/2 filled with mushrooms and a tomato and 2 eggs thrown in
2 crispbreads (2 syns) with virtually fat free cottage cheese with chives

Snack:
Banana

Tea:
Chicken jambalaya based on Donna's recipe but I used a red, yellow and green pepper, 1 red chilli and also threw in a courgette - I'm calling my portion 3 syns as there is loads left. This was the nicest meal I've cooked so far:)
Trifle without a topping-lol Used 6 trifle sponges (6 syns), 1 sugar free raspberry jelly (1 1/2 syns) and filled the container with summer berries frozen fruit. Calling my portion 2 syns

Had the munchies so had more trifle thingy 2 syns
2 ryvita tomato and basil (3 syns) with virtually fat free cottage cheese with chives

Last edited:

21/7/10 - work day
Breakfast:
Raspberries with an Activia fat free blueberry yog poured over
1 banana

Lunch:
M & S orzo pasta with cherry toms 200g pot (1 syn a 320g pot is 1 1/2)
M & S super wholefood 200g pot. Can't find the syns for this:confused: and didn't eat it all as I didn't like it.
Went off the rails and ate at least 6 caramel wafer bites covered in chocolate. Can't find syns and don't have package

Tea:
Leftover chicken jambalaya (calling my portion 1 1/2 syns)
Trifle thingy from yesterday(Calling my portion 2 syns)

Snack:
3 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread (3 syns)
Longley VFF with chives

22/7/10
Breakfast:
Raspberries with an Activia fat free blueberry yog poured over
1 Kelloggs Fibre Plus bar - HXB
1 banana

Lunch:
WW wholemeal bread 2 slices (6 1/2 syns)
Baked beans
Mini babybel light (2 syns)

Tea:
Rump steak with mushrooms, green beans, onion and a tomato. Peppercorn sauce (2 syns)
1 meringue nest (2 1/2 syns) with strawberries and 1/2 pot of Total 0% fat greek yoghurt

Had the fruit munchies so have tried some things I've not had before courtesy of M & S reduced bargains - a white flesh nectarine and some rainier cherries. Both scrummy and I've left some to take to work tomorrow.

Also had 3 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread (3 syns)
Longley VFF cottage cheese with chives

Oops got carried away and had 16 syns.

Last edited:
Glad you like the jambalaya, we love it - had it last night, didn't get any leftovers, hubby claimed them very quick for today's pack lunch.

Did you WI today?

Thanks for asking Donna :) I did and another 1 1/2lb gone and DD (not following it properly again when she's not at home - can I give her a slap;)) lost a 1lb :)

Your weight loss is fab:)

23/7/10 - work day
Breakfast:
Strawberries with an Activia fat free strawberry yog poured over

Lunch:
Cup of home made pea and ham soup (deli bought and no idea of syns:confused:)
Roast beef salad sandwich with mustard mayo and gherkins on 1 slice of granary bread from a large loaf no butter or marg(deli bought and no idea of syns:confused:)
Nectarine and rainier cherries

Tea:
SW chilli with a bit of rice. Threw in peppers and mushrooms as well as the carrots and kidney beans. Wasn't impressed with this. Toow atery and not enough kick even though I used hot chilli powder and put a whole green chilli in.
Strawberries and a Muller Light vanilla with chocolate sprinkles yoghurt
Coco rocks bar (4 syns) Gave me a good choc fix but I want another one!

Nectarine

Last edited:

24/7/10
Breakfast:
Blueberries (125g) with an Activia fat free strawberry yog poured over

1 Alpen light - (3 syns)

1 slice of ham
1 banana

1 nectarine

Lunch:
2 slices of WW wholemeal bread - HXB
Tuna with chopped onion and 1 tbsp extra light mayo (1/2 syn) topped with cherry toms and a light mini babybel (2 syns)

Red grapes

Coco rocks bar (4 syns) and more red grapes. Feeling a bit washed out this afternoon. Not sure if it's the weather, nearing TOTM though not due yet or my age :confused:

Tea:
Indian takeaway

1 poppadum with onion and mango chutney
1/3 portion of pilau rice and king prawn pathia. No oil or ghee in the cooking of it but still no idea of syns.

I've got the munchies today

Last edited:

25/7/10
Breakfast:
Blueberries (125g) with an Activia fat free forest fruits yog poured over
1 Alpen light - 1/2 HXB

Lunch:
Bacon medallions, egg, mushrooms and cherry toms
Red grapes

1 Alpen light - 1/2HXB

Tea:
SW KFC chicken with cajun wedges and loads of salad. 1 tbsp extra light mayo (1/2 syn) (eek forgot syns for bread!! am saying 5 but probably less as yet again made too much of the breadcrumb mix)
SW White Chocolate, strawberry and ginger cheesecake cut into 8 pieces but calling it 6 syns a portion as I had to use more biscuits

Last edited:

26/7/10 - work day
Breakfast:
Strawberries with an Activia fat free cherry yog poured over
Banana

Snack:

Lunch:
M & S Count on Us Vietnamese Chicken Salad (2 syns) This is the easiest thing for me to grab. Plus I like it:) Have no cooking facilities at work.
1 banana

Snack:
Red grapes

Tea:
Haddock cooked in the oven in foil with frylight and some Schwartz fish seasoning on with SW wedges and green beans
SW cheescake with extra strawbs (6 syns)

Ryvita crackerbread (3 syns) with VFF cottage cheese

Last edited:
Well done on another great weight loss - as for your daughter, a lbs a lb I guess, when she starts to notice a difference in her clothes that will be her motivation to take it seriously (I say with crossed fingers!)

Here's to next week's WI, good luck x

Donna, she's just come in from her first day at her first full time job. The trousers she was wearing, which we only bought last week are loose on her which they weren't when we bought them, so at the moment she's looking like this :D Fingers crossed it is the incentive she needs.

27/7/10 - annual mammogram so not a good food day

Breakfast:
42g of Weetabix crunchy bran with skimmed milk

Snack:
Banana

Lunch:
Tampopo - some prawn crackers with sweet chilli sauce, Goi Cuon ( Fresh rice-paper rolls filled with vegetables,glass noodles & Asian herbs, served cold. With Soy & Ginger) and prawn Nasi Goreng (Spicy wok-fried rice with shiitake mushroom, chilli, lime leaves & onion flakes) not a good SW choice but was delicious

Tea:
Chicken breast with McCain rustic chips (1 syns) and salad
SW cheesecake (6 syns)

28/7/10 - work day
Breakfast:
Raspberries with an Activia fat free strawberry yog poured over
1 banana

Snack:
Red grapes

Lunch:
M & S sweet chilli chicken noodles worked out at 9 syns as package smaller than figures online on SW site. Picked up wrong thing in rush!
Red grapes

Tea:
Chicken jambalaya 6 syns for entire chorizo used (so my portion 2 syns)

29/7/10
Breakfast:
Strawberries with an Activia fat free blueberry yog poured over

Snack:
1 Alpen light (3 syns)
1 slice ham

Lunch:
42g Weetabix crunchy bran - HXB with milk from HXA

Snack:
4 Ryvita crackerbreads with 4 extra light triangles with ham and tomatoes (8 syns)
Red grapes

Tea:
Britmum's honey teriyaki salmon with egg noodles, pak choi and a pack of ready prepared stir fried veg (1/2 syn)
Meringue nest (2 1/2 syns) with half pot of Total 0% and blackberries

Coco rocks bar (4 syns)

Hormonal migraine today- not good:(

Last edited:

30/7/10 - work day
Breakfast:
Blackberries and raspberries with a Muller Light rhubarb yog poured over
1 banana

Snack:

Lunch:
Cup of home made pea and ham soup (deli bought and no idea of syns:confused:)
Roast beef salad sandwich with mustard mayo and gherkins on 1 slice of granary bread from a large loaf no butter or marg(deli bought and no idea of syns:confused:)

Tea:
Left over chicken jambalaya (syns negligable in my mind as counted full total yesterday)
1 meringue nest with strawberries and raspberries 1/2 pot of Total 0% fat greek yoghurt (2 1/2 syns)

Coco rocks bar (4 syns)

31/07/10

Breakfast:
Strawberries and raspberries with an Activia fat free blueberry yog poured over

Snack:
1 banana

Lunch:
Cheese on toast - 2 slices WW wholemeal bread - HXB with 42g Cathedral City mature lighter cheddar - HXA with tomatoes on top
1/2 tin Baxters lentil & bacon soup (5 3/4 syns)

Today is going to be a big syn day as it's our 23rd wedding anniversary tomorrow so we are getting glammed up and out to a posh Indian restaurant tonight. That's providing my brewing migraine doesn't get a hold:(

Tea:
Fantastic indian meal out. No starter but did have some garlic and corainder naan plus ice cream plus Gaelic coffee - eek for syns!

Last edited:

01/08/10 - 23rd wedding anniversay

Breakfast:
Strawberries with an Activia fat free strawberry yog poured over

Lunch:
4 medallions of bacon with mushrooms, tomatoes and fried egg
1 coco rocks bar (4 syns)

Snack:
Plum and banana

Tea:
Chicken breast with new potatoes and salad
M & S rasberry pana cotta - 1/2 of a 140g pot (5 syns)

02/08/10 - work day
Breakfast:
Blueberries with a Muller light strawberry yog poured over

Snack:
1 banana

Lunch:
M & S Count on Us Vietnamese Chicken Salad (2 syns)
2 coco rocks bar (8 syns)

Snack:
1 banana

Tea:
Beef stir fry made with ginger, garlic, chilli and soy sauce with a huge bag of ready prepared veg and I used dried egg noodles

Last edited:
Back