Lounge's EE food diary

:talk017:
Don't be shocked, you deserve the loss, how is your daughter doing?

Thanks Donna:) She's refusing to weigh herself so I'm leaving it:( I'm feeling exasperated and upset as if she did it properly I know she could be losing more and she also knows that but is being stubborn. You can see that she's lost some but she's still a way to go. Thanks for asking.

My HXA is always skimmed milk

13/08/10 - work day
Breakfast:
A large punnet (300g) of raspberries with a Muller Light strawberry yog poured over
1 Alpen light bar - 1/2 HXB

Snack:
1 banana

Lunch:
As it's Friday it is
Cup of home made pea and ham soup (deli bought and no idea of syns:confused:)
Roast beef salad sandwich with mustard mayo and gherkins on 1 slice of granary bread from a large loaf no butter or marg(deli bought and no idea of syns:confused:)

Snack:
Snack:
1 Alpen light bar- 1/2 HXB

Tea:
1 DD working and the other out so off to Toby Carvey
Did really well with tons of carrots and cabbage to accompany the ham, beef and a small yorkshire. It went downhill when DH and I shared a Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Sensation -lol

Last edited:
Tea:
1 DD working and the other out so off to Toby Carvey
Did really well with tons of carrots and cabbage to accompany the ham, beef and a small yorkshire. It went downhill when DH and I shared a Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Sensation -lol

oh i could really fancy a Toby, hope you enjoyed the pud, sounds scrummy, bet you are back on track tomorrow, unlike me who's binge lasted two days!

Not sure if I will be back on track today as it's takeaway night tonight-lol

14/08/10
Breakfast:
Only half a punnet of raspberries today with a Muller Light strawberry yog poured over

Snack:

Lunch:
2 egg omlette with ham and tomatoes plus a Babybel light (2 syns)
Shape zero peach & passion fruit yog

Snack:
1 slice of ham

Tea:
1 poppadum with mango and onion chutney, 2 vegetables samosas, 1/2rd mushroom rice and 1/3 chicken curry(name escapes me now) 1/3rd garlic and coriander naan
4 mikados (2 syns) but wasn't enough of a choccy fix so a Coco Rocks bar as well(4 syns)

Punnet of cherries - from Morrisons bought on Thursday and these taste so much nicer than the ones I ate on Thursday

Last edited:
Hey :) Was just flicking through your diary and was interested to read about your daughter - I'm the same age but don't have an outside job, I spend most of my time at home working with my dad. I know if I was out working, I would eat a hell of a lot more, just because it was there. I started SW two weeks before uni finished - I would take lunches from home, mostly pasta with homemade tomato sauce and vegetables. If I got hungry after that, I'd go to the Tesco Metro in town and grab some Alpen Light bars or some yoghurts or some prepacked melon, grapes and pineapples.

As your daughter is working in a food environment, it really wouldn't work for her to do that! But I do agree with the idea about sending in some SW friendly recipes to this fab chef and seeing if he can incorporate some into his menu - I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate a 'lighter options' menu!

It's lovely that you're noticing her pants are falling down, hehe :p it is the best motivator! I would say if she doesn't want to weigh herself, don't force her. Plus I would also say the Wii Fit isn't the most reliable method of weighing yourself - when I started SW I was 10st10lbs and it told me I was 9st5lbs... in my dreams mate! :rolleyes: Maybe she doesn't want you to see her weight, if you don't have that much to lose but she does. It's embarrassing having someone else see what you weigh, even if they did give birth to you. Suggest she goes to the local chemist or Boots, they usually have a really accurate scale there that costs about 50p for one use, she can go once a week or once every two weeks to weigh herself. You can both go and weigh yourselves privately, ie busy yourself in the really interesting ingredients list on a toothpaste tube while she weighs herself. Or go at separate times! All I would say, being the same age, is please don't pressurise her into weighing herself - yes we think we know it all :)p) and sometimes we just don't want everyone else to know it all.

I hope I haven't said anything out of place, I just wanted to add a little something (turned into a big something hasn't it?!) because I used to refuse to weigh myself when others told/asked me to aswell.

Have a lovely evening, that restaurant looks amazing! xxx

Ah, thanks for your input 10st10lbs:) It's made me realise that I should have done an update.

She's now got her first full time job and is no longer working where there's lots of food. She's in a builders office instead. I haven't mentioned again that she should weigh herself. I am keeping my mouth zipped shut -lol although I do think it would be good for her to see how much she has lost.

I "think" she's making better food choices 90% of the time now when she's not at home so that's a good thing. She's also taking things like mugshots into work and buying jacket pots as they've no cooking facilities.

Also, well done on your weight loss so far:) Not sure about you must most of DD's friends are naturally like stick insects so that's hard for her as well when she sees what they all eat and drink compared to her. Not fair is it.

Ah, thanks for your input 10st10lbs:) It's made me realise that I should have done an update.

She's now got her first full time job and is no longer working where there's lots of food. She's in a builders office instead. I haven't mentioned again that she should weigh herself. I am keeping my mouth zipped shut -lol although I do think it would be good for her to see how much she has lost.

I "think" she's making better food choices 90% of the time now when she's not at home so that's a good thing. She's also taking things like mugshots into work and buying jacket pots as they've no cooking facilities.

Also, well done on your weight loss so far:) Not sure about you must most of DD's friends are naturally like stick insects so that's hard for her as well when she sees what they all eat and drink compared to her. Not fair is it.

This diary is about you and I went banging on about your daughter, lol, sorry :eek: But thanks for the update! It would be lovely if she knew how much she lost but she probably feels it within herself too - she's probably noticing the inch loss a lot more!

If you made her a syn free/low syn lunch to take in one day, would she like that? Something like pasta with sauce and chicken, or an extra lean burger with lots of salad and EL mayo in a wholemeal bun?

Thank you :) A lot of my friends are the same, my sisters are also stick insects. One is almost 30 with a daughter, she has always been a size 6, may have been just about pushing a 10 when she was pregnant. The other is 26 and also really skinny. It's like I ate for both of them!

xxx

A lot of my friends are the same, my sisters are also stick insects. One is almost 30 with a daughter, she has always been a size 6, may have been just about pushing a 10 when she was pregnant. The other is 26 and also really skinny. It's like I ate for both of them!

xxx

It's just not fair is it! DD was only 5lb 13 oz when she was born and really tiny but that's been the only time she's ever been the smallest of anyone she knows.

Last edited:

15/08/10
Breakfast:
half a punnet of raspberries today with a Muller Light strawberry yog poured over

Lunch:
4 bacon medallions, massives of mushrooms, tomatoes and an egg
Kellogs milk choc fibre plus - HXB

Snack:
Cherries and Shape Zero raspberry yog

Tea:
Loads of salad with 2 tsps lighter than light mayo (1 syn) cous cous (1/2 syn) smoked salmon, ham and 1 miniscule sausage roll (6 1/2 syns per calculator - OUCH! should have checked first)
Blueberries with a meringue nest (2 1/2 syns) and a Muller Light strawberry yog
1 Coc Rocks bar (4 syns)

Last edited:

16/08/10 - work day
Breakfast:
Raspbberries and blueberries with a Muller light strawberry yog poured over
1 Banana

Snack:

Lunch:
M & S Count on Us Vietnamese Chicken Salad (2 syns) This is the easiest thing for me to grab. Plus I like it:) Have no cooking facilities at work.
1 banana
2 sausages that were gross - don't know why I ate these and am counting them as 8 syns

Tea:
Ainsley Harriott mexican rice with king prawns
Meringue nest (2 1/2 syns) with a Shape Zero rasberry yoghurt and raspberries

Snack:
Red grapes

Another snack:
2 rvita crispbreads (2 syns) and VFF cottage chese with chives

Last edited:
10st10lbs, your messages made me chuckle (gonna have to catch up with your diary) esp re your skinny sisters, as for the wii - be careful, the scales might be rubbish but it diagnosed my pregnancy, I jumped on and it said "you are pregnant or holding a cat" I was shocked, I was only 7 week gone!

loungelizard - are there any fit builders flitting in and out of the office? that might be the trick to her weight loss!

Lots more yummy meals, good luck for WI - it's tomorrow isn't it?

WI is a Thursday morning for me and I feel really bloated and uncomfortable today so am hoping it's just a blip.

Tried on some jeans in New Look today and managed to get in a 12 but they didn't fit properly around the bum or waist. I'm sure the sizing is to pot. I've decided I'm going to get myself some decent jeans when I've lost some more weight.

Also, there's a lack of fit builders for DD to look at. I've already asked;)

17/08/10
Breakfast:
Raspbberries with a Muller light vanilla yog poured over
1 Banana

Lunch:
Baked beans on 2 slices of Nimble wholemeal - HXB Still can't get my head around how little bread this is. Opps, forgot my extra light Laughing Cow triangle (1 syn)

Snack:
1 banana

Tea:
Waitrose spicy meatballs in a home made spicy pasta sauce with spaghetti. Had 3 but still calling it 7 syns
Red grapes

Snack:
Munchies tonight - 2 extra light Laughing Cow (2 syns) on 4 ryvita crispbreads (4 syns) and ham

Last edited:
New Look sizing is just there to make you feel terrible about yourself! Try H&M :) xxx`

Ooh, I've not been a 12 for years so was quite impressed -lol

10s10lbs, are H & M's jeans good then? I'm fed up of ones that are baggy around my bum but too tight at the front - think camel toe:eek::eek:

I think the only jeans I've ever had that fitted well were Levi's but that took trying around 10 pairs on - lol Did walk past another shop today but couldn't be bothered going in as the sale ones were Miss Sixty and I'm sure they're for stick insects. Plus, it's a "trendy" shop with "trendy" assistants and I was in scruffs. The type of shop where footballers wives shop.

Back