Lou's Diary - onwards and inwards!

Hiya Prawn.... how are you hun? Yeah, I know it's low, am going to increase it up to 1300kcals after next weigh in, you're not lecturing, you're just being a mate x

Hey sweetie, I'm OK, crazily busy with work at the moment so just don't have the time for minimims during the day and then can't stand the thought of voluntarily using a computer when I'm at home after 10 hours glued to one at work!
3lb heavier than in my profile but am working on it! Ended 2011 heavier than I started it which was a bit of a kick in the ballettes - not to be repeated this year!!

Can't believe a jacket potato is 400kcal - how come we can still lose weight eating tonnes of them on SW?!

Hope you're feeling better soon, I get gloomy and weepy sometimes too and have to dedicate some selfish time to doing something I enjoy or at least turn the music up nice and loud when I get in from work and cook and have a boogie. Always cheers me up xx

I don't think they are 400kcals hun, I was just thinking of having one but am aiming to have at least 400kcals for my tea if you know what I mean. Googled it though out of interest and it's 196kcals per 180g jacket spud, hehe, I don't know how SW works but I like it.

Starting the year 2lbs heavy isn't a negative, imagine what it could be without sw, I reckon I could easily put on a stone a year without even trying, hehe.

xx

Waaaahhh, why isn't this working?? I'm not losing weight? I'm tempted to come off my pill, as started it in Aug and struggled ever since? So frustrating.

Tuesday
B: Porridge (100kcals)
S: Satsuma (30kcals)
L: Noodles, veg and turket (250kcals)
S: 1/2 choc biscuit (42kcals)
S: Satsuma and 2 rice cakes (84kcals)
D: 2 LF sausages (128kcals), grilled cherry tomatoes (?), field mushroom (?) and 1 slice ww toast (?)

What are you on about woman you had a massive loss just last week!!!!

Patience is a virtue ;) I'm not sure how much the pill affects weight loss - I've never had any side effects...

xxx

1/2lb off tonight which when I think about how much blood, sweat and tears I've put into this weeks efforts is s*it BUT... it's still a loss so the is no point moaning.

I think I may have been having too few kcals and therefore putting my body in starvation mode, so think my plan of attack for this week is to do 3 square meals a day (extra easy) with no snacking, am quite excited about trying extra easy... hopefully it'll be what I need to get this butt into shape.

xxx

Ooops to finding my diary on page 6, hehe. Have been off work for a few days so been too busy to update here, I'm back doing slimming world again, back to work tomorrow which should make things easier.

Monday
B: 35g porridge made with water (B)
S: 8 revels (5 syns?)
S: Beetroot
L: ?
D: ?

xxx

Hey huni.

Just read sbout your frustration. Forgive me for sticking my nose in but you seem to swop and change your plans an awful lot. Your body works a week in advance and the constant changing will confuse your body. I am sure you already know this. But just thought i'd advise you to do this new extra easy plan for three weeks then change if it doesnt work. Honestly sometimes we might lose half a pound then others 5! As the previous poster said "Patience is a virtue" :) Good luck xxx

Thanks everyone.... haha, in typical Lou fashion, I'm changing my mind again, am just going to stick to red and green days, as I know they work, I just need to get my head to work too, it's not the plan that is the problem, it's me!

Wednesday - green
B: Fruit and yogurt
S: 2 satsumas
L: Mugshot and fibre plus bar (B)
S: Left over rice
D: ??

You are doing fab missus, and like the others say, just look at how far you've come! Even if the scales are staying still they're not going up and that itself is an awesome victory against the bulge :)

Thanks hun, am feeling so much better about things and know I can and will do this.

I've also found my long lost friend called "will power" he's ace, haven't seem him for a few months but I'm not letting the slippery little fella run away again, he was firmly at my side all the way round the supermarket earlier!! (do I sound like a 5 year old with an imaginary friend now?).

Saturday - green
B: Porridge (B)
S: 2 apples
L: Mugshot
S: Jacket potato and finger of twix (6 syns?)
S: Light babybel (2 syns)
D: Chickpea dahl, loads of spinach and brown rice
S: Milk in coffees (2As)

Morning! Well I confess I'm still in bed and it's nearly twelve, oops, is just so cold that I decided to get up but then eat my breakfast in bed, hehe.

Gonna get up in a min, get showered, dressed and go for a long walk, is too cold and icy for my bike today.

So, food today....

B: fruit, yogurt and muesli (b)
L: jacket potato, left over Dahl and salad
S: caramel Freddie 5 syns
D: veggi pasta bake (b) and 4 syns for breadcrumbs
D: syn free pancakes, yogurt and berries

Xxxx

Last edited:
Louise24 said:
Morning! Well I confess I'm still in bed and it's nearly twelve, oops, is just so cold that I decided to get up but then eat my breakfast in bed, hehe.

Gonna get up in a min, get showered, dressed and go for a long walk, is too cold and icy for my bike today.

So, food today....

L: jacket potato, left over Dahl and salad
D: either mushroom risotto or pasta, veggies and cheese (b)

Xxxx

Using iPhone so not sure how to edit on here? Lunch was soo nice, salads can be lush if you put a bit of effort in, will post a pic later.

Just had a caramel freddo 95kcals so 5 syns

Xxx

Here is my yum lunch x

Attachments

• image-2923822046.jpg
    image-2923822046.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 34
Can't stop posting pics today, haven't made this much effort in ages. They're sun free pancakes, natural yogurt and berries.

Am 100% loving slimming world again.
X

Attachments

• image-1059728024.jpg
    image-1059728024.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 35
Monday - red day

L: warm bacon, egg and tomato salad
D: salmon fillet, salad and jacket potato (b)

Xxx

Morning... was going to do so much today, first of all - a bike ride, but then it was too cold, even with three layers, so I thought I'd go for a walk (still haven't) and then decided to paint the spare room... still haven't.

Need to remove my arse from here and actually do something, also... my bacon salad is going to prove difficult seeing as though I don't have any lettuce, grgh.

So - the plan is to finish this coffee and walk to the supermarket, get my lettuce, home, lunch and then paint. Am off out for dinner tonight (healthy).

Hope everyone else is having a more productive Monday!

B: Syn free pancakes, banana, ff yogurt and honey (1 syn)
L: Warm bacon and tomato salad
D: ??

Have just looked at the menu and this seems pretty SW friendly?

Butternut squash, carrot and apricot tagine with coriander cous cous and Moroccan spiced bread (minus the bread)

or

* Crispy duck Asian salad with hoi sin dressing (crispy = fatty?)
* Caesar salad with char grilled chicken breast and crispy bacon (minus dressing, croutons etc)
* Salmon, hake and smoked haddock fillet baked in a bag with tomato and saffron sauce (yum)
* Char grilled 10oz gammon steak, poached duck egg, diced pineapple and hand cut chips
(with jacket potato)

Back