Lou's Diary - onwards and inwards!

Just a quick one today....

Monday - Red day
B: Porridge and banana (B)
S: 2 satsumas
L: Tuna salad and an apple
S: 4 celebrations (8 syns)
D: Chicken with cheese (A) and bacon with a jacket potato (B), cabbage and carrots.

Hey Louise24 - glad to see you tried the chutney - HOW good is it?!?!?!? I can see myself making it every 2 weeks! Am just trying to think around any other potential adaptations you could do although the basic recipe is good enough on its own!

OOOh - hol sounds lovely and what a nice inspiration and just far away enough for you to feel like you can make a real difference but close enough that it's not too distant in the future....

Hiya, the chutney is lovely, I eat it straight from the jar, I wish I didn't half the batch size now!

Today has been a good day on the diet front, did a massive shift at work (6am - 4pm) and am exhausted now, going to chill out this evening with a plate of sw cajun wedges (praying i have spuds in cupboard) and then a bubble bath.

Today is my first green day in about 3 weeks - Love it.
B: Porridge (B)
S: Satsuma and apple
L: Jacket potato and beans
S: Bitesize flapjack x 2 (10 syns?)
D: Potato wedges - failing that.... pasta

bubble bath sounds devine - think i'll copy you!!

Hi Louise, glad you enjoyed your green day, which I could do them but my IBS just won't let me, I just get bloated and even put on weight bah!!!

Anyhoo, can you let me know where the onion chutney recipe is, I'd love to try it.

Enjoy ya bubble bath xx Boo xx

Hi Boo - here you go (thank you to Boncuk who I copied recipe from). Ohh, also, I made half the quantity and still had over a jars worth.

1kg onions (ı used red onions)
200ml of balsamic vinegar
300ml of cider vinegar
couple of cloves garlic
salt and pepper
5 dessertspoons granulated sweetener

I sliced the onions up small and reasonably thin, added the vinegars and sweetener and then simmered for approx one hour until the vinegar had evaporated and formed a thick sticky sauce. I then transferred into jars and sealed.

Hello diary..... food diary for today

Red day (dare I say it but... I missed my red yesterday)
B: 42g allbran (B)
S: Banana and apple
L: cold lemon and black pepper pork with salad (2 syns for mayo)
S: Prawns
D: ??? Going out so steak and salad probably

Argh - no time

Thursday - green
B: Porridge and banana (B)
S: Alpen light (3 syns)
L: Jacket and beans
S: Apple
D: Chicken with sw wedges, cabbage, sweetcorn and carrots (B)

Friday - Green
B: 42 g crunchy bran (B)
S: Apple and yogurt
L: Jacket?
D: Egg, sw chips and beans

Yay a day off, hehe, I've not been up very long but had a lovely long sleep. Today - I'm going to walk into town and have a mooch round the shops, need to get annoying little things like new batteries / diary / xmas cards etc... so shouldn't come back with any things for me...

Saturday - green day
B: Yogurt and banana
L: M&S count on us jumbalya (5.5 syns)
D: ???

Sunday - extra easy day (arrgh my first ever)
B:
L: Tuna salad (2 syns)
D: ****

**** = going to my friends for a come dine with me evening, I'm going to make thai fish cakes but have no idea what the main and pudding will be, they know I'm on a diet, but are both skinny rakes so don't have a clue about slimming world.... wish me luck

Last edited:
Hi Louise

I really like the top, and quite original, where did you get it from? Boo xx

Hi Boo - yeah I thought the same, I instantly know when I like clothes and this one made me say "wow" straight away, hehe.

It's from ASOS, they do a plus range called curve and have some gorgeous clothes, a lot of the bigger sizes are frumpy but they always have nice stuff.

nice top Lou you'll look fantastic xxx heres to a good week for you (and me i hope)xx lyns xx

Last edited:
Thanks both, can't wait for it to arrive now.

Right - today is going to be a weird day in terms of food... i'm off to my friends for dinner, i'm taking the starter but no idea what the main course is gonna be, so i'm saying hello to my first ever extra easy day, eek.

Will update as I go
B: Yogurt and banana
L: Jacket potato and baked beans (they're superfree right?)
D: Thai fishcakes (free) and ??? and a tiny bit of ??? for pudding

Ah ha! Found you! Thought I'd pop over for a visit:p

Top is really nice! I never seem to find anything I like.

I like EE but don't like missing out on the two HE-x'S so have started alternating red and green, EE is great for the weekends tho and good if your going out for a meal:D My friend has lost 5 stone on EE alone so it does work - seems so odd that it does!:p

Have a great day / evening with your friends, hope the foods good! :D

xxx

Hope you had fun at your friends' for dinner :)

Baked beans aren't superfree (i.e. free on red and green) but they are superspeed and free on green so they are free on EE although they don't count as part of the superfree third of your plate!
But I won't tell if you don't ;)

oooh I love the top - are you going to rock some killer heels? And...obviously, flats for the trip home!

loving the top lou - ASOS are getting better by the month i reckon. within the last year they've got much nicer stuff in. used to be all very plain and basic.

i bought this a few weeks ago - i love it and everyone keeps telling me how amazing it is :) it's always nice to have a weight problem but still get people telling you how good you look ;)

image1xl.jpg

Back