Lou's Diary - onwards and inwards!

Hi Louise

Go you with the gym!! Much better than me!

Hope you are keeping well and diet going ok, I've still to make your mango chicken but will do later in the week. I might try your quark thingy, never heard of that one before! xx Boo xx

Well done!! First trip back to the gym is the hardest, then it kind of becomes routine... That's a mean machine that flashes up how long it's been since you last visited though !! :)

I know - I almost put my hand over the screen to cover it up, hehe, will be back there again tomorrow.

Been to weigh in and lost 1lb, am happy with that, not as fast as others but it's all a step in the right direction. xxx

new

hi all, i am new to the forum and don't know where post...my query is , what foods are weighed/measured. i am thinking of joining my local SW group. i have lost 35lbs with WW (started feb 2010) and now seem to be eating and craving more food completly lost me mojo.:cry:. i have seen the 7 day free sample plan and that much food seems too good to be true...hence my question..portion size and weight. thankyou

hi all, i am new to the forum and don't know where post...my query is , what foods are weighed/measured. i am thinking of joining my local SW group. i have lost 35lbs with WW (started feb 2010) and now seem to be eating and craving more food completly lost me mojo.:cry:. i have seen the 7 day free sample plan and that much food seems too good to be true...hence my question..portion size and weight. thankyou

Hi hun - well done on losing 35lbs, that's brilliant, to be honest - the best thing to do is to go on to the slimming world website, that will help you with the basics and then join a class as soon as you can so you can get your books etc. Good luck (P.s. you've posted this on my diary, I don't mind at all but you'll get more people answer you if you post on the main SW forum) xx

B: 42g crunchy bran (B)
S: Apple and satsuma
L: Pasta salad (3 syns)
S: Mincepie hifi after WI (B)
D: SW chips, egg and beans

Been to weigh in and lost 1lb, am happy with that, not as fast as others but it's all a step in the right direction. xxx

Congrats on the loss Lou - 1lb off is definitely a good step in the right direction - steady wins the race (I omitted 'slow and' from that as I think any loss is a good'un). If I manage to lose 1lb this week I will be jumping to the ceiling, I'm just hoping for a bit of damage limitation....all my own fault obviously! 3lb or under on I think I'll deal ok with - 3.5lb on or more (likely...) I'll be a bit miserable, but I'll know exactly why. You've obviously been doing things right - so feel PROUD! :D

Hi loomoo, good luck for your wi tomorrow night? I'm sure it'll be no where near as bad as you think - and if it is.... so what, you know how to lose it.

Thanks prawn :)

Right - today's food diary... a green day but need to start red again, it's just more effort to do red

B: 42g allbran and sliced banana (B)
S: 2 x satsumas and an apple
L: Salad box from canteen (3 syns)
S: Hifi bar (B)
S: 4 celebrations (8 syns - oops)
D: Pasta with leeks, minted peas with philadelphia melted in to it all (A)

Hello diary - just got back from the gym, am shattered now...

Green day
B: 42g allbran with chopped banana (B)
S: 2 satsumas
L: Pasta with peas, leeks and philly (A)
S: 5 celebrations (10 syns)
D: Cherry tomato rissotto with bacon (B)

Afternoon diary... today I am having a 110% day, everything is going to be strictly on plan, yippee.

Friday - green
B: 42g allbran with sliced banana (B)
S: Satsuma and an apple
L: Jacket potato with left over rissotto (2 syns for bacon)
D: ??

Argh - what can I have for tea?? I'm on a green day and have a B left... I also have some red cabbage that could do with eating up??? Suggestions please xx

Hi diary... updated food diary for yesterday below, I'm so happy it's the weekend, I've not got much planned but just feel so exhausted recently, am doing red today and tomorrow, woop.

Friday - green
B: 42g allbran with sliced banana (B)
S: Satsuma and an apple
L: Jacket potato with left over rissotto (2 syns for bacon)
D: Cod (B) with sw wedges and mushy peas
S: 1 foxs ginger crunch cream (4 syns) and 4 celebrations (8 syns)

Saturday - red day
B: 2 pears and a satsuma
L: Ham and egg mayo (2 syns) in a w/m pitta bread (B)
S: 2/3 hifi bar (4 syns) amd 3 celebrations (6 syns)
D: Mango chicken (2 syns) with a jacket potato (B)

Sunday - red day
B: 2 sausages (1 syn), poached eggs, tomatoes and toast (B)
L: ??
D: Lasagna and salad (have friends coming over allowing 15 syns)

Last edited:
Morning diary... I so wanted a lie in but sat bolt upright at 8am thinking "arrgh - I've not got the mince out the freezer", hehe.

So today... need to clean the house from top to bottom which is pants then my friend is over for tea and gossip later, she's bringing a pudding which I'm scared about..

Sunday - red day
Brunch: 2 sausages (1 syn), scrambled eggs and tomatoes
D: Lasagna and salad (have friends coming over allowing 15 syns and 2bs)

Well - I was stressing about the lasagne I've made so have decided to sit down and work out the syns, and to my suprise, it's not as bad as I thought.

I used - 4 sheets of pasta (3.5 syns a sheet) and 3/4 jar of RF sauce (18 syns)

It makes 4 portions so... that is 3.5 + 4.5 = 8 syns a portion (Cheese as A choice)

Add 7 syns for 2 slices of garlic bread and thats a total of... 15.5 syns - GET IN

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Bread, Garlic bread slices, reduced fat 25g average
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
3½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT]

While I'm here....

Monday - green day
B: Yogurt and fruit
L: Spicy parsnip soup with a bread roll (B)
D: Leek and minted pea pasta with philadelphia (B)

Hello diary, just had brilliant work out at the gym and got rid of 480 kcal too, woop. Got woke up at 0412 by hailstones on my velux window so looking forward to an early night..

Monday (turned into a red day)

Monday - green day
B: Yogurt and pineapple
L: Cheese and onion roll (A&B) with satsuma and apple
D: Fish is butter sauce (1.5 syns) with cabbage, carrots and jacket potato (B)

Really enjoyed having a sandwich at lunch, was a nice change and filled me up too. weigh in day tomorrow......

Thanks both - good luck for joining a class K, it'll be fine.

Tuesday - Green
B: 42g allbran
S: Apple
L: Parsnip soup
D: Leek and pea pasta with philly (B)

Back