love atkins

Well have eaten the bake, wasn't really that keen on it tbh, the curdled a bit, so not great, back to the drawing board.
I did however make a lovely brocolli soup for tomorrow.

1 Leek, sauted in butter
500 gr brocolli
Enough chicken stock to cover
When brocolli is cooked liquidise and add 125ml cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.

I love celeriac chips and egg, it's one of my Atkins comfort foods, for certain! So glad you liked the bark - its a daily treat for me right now as I'm aiming to keep my fats up, and definitely puts paid to any chocolate cravings. I gave some to my (thin, non Atkins eating) mum today and she thought it tasted just like her expensive chocolates too.

Morning all,
Brocolli f/p/c. 61.2/27/21 this is for the full pot, makes at least 6 portions, more if u don't like your soup thick. The stock added nearly 4 carbs, I need to find a diff stock or start making my own.
Yesterday, 70/25/5, although prob less, I could only eat a bit of chicken bake, it was not good
I am going to make cocoa bark today, with coffee essence. Will let you know how I get on
Today
B soup, I am out today and can't have it for lunchl.
L egg, mayo and lettuce wraps
D burger with blue cheese and bacon wrapped in lettuce with celeriac chips ( can't wait)

Hope you all have a good day

very cross with self.... went to asda, what did i forget? celeriac grrrrr i thought atkins was meant to cure brain fog. lol

If anyone finds a diet that can make you more organized, let me know as I'm a hopeless case ;)

Morning all, another good day yesterday, dinner was soooo good.

75/20/5

Today
B American style pancakes with vain and "coke syrup" so nice receipe below
L brocolli soup
D fish with m&s itian stle salad

Pancakes
15gr flax ground
1 egg
1/4 teas baking powder
1 canderel tablet
1 tbs creme fraiche
1 tbs water
Mix together
Spoon into frying pan and cook for 5 mins

Coke syrup.( this needs to be tweaked)

Boil coke til well reduced, add 1 teas butter and 1 tbs of cream. Cook til about 2 tbs left in pot, allow to cool, when it will thicken.

Not quite American pancakes, with bacon and maple syrup but a great substitute. I will make it again.

I have now reread the above post, I use my phone to post, and it decides the words... vain should say bacon, and another word there should say style...

Hope you all have a great day.

i saw that recipe on a site i was browsing last night, boiled coke lol i did make a bbq sauce once with diet coke so why not, might be really nice

I wonder how bacon becomes vain? ESP as its just taken me three tries to get my phone to type vain! Bloody things!

Funnily enough I have cream cheese pancakes on my meal plan for later in the week (simpler recipe, no creme fraiche or flax). Might have to think about trying the syrup!

Haha for vain

Sorry the coke syrup does not appeal :eek: we do have the lcm sf maple syrup but actually berries and cream are even better:D

Mmmm....coke syrup lol....think I might give that a go....just out of interest lol....BBQ sauce sounds a bit better must have a mooch about and find a low carb recipe for BBQ sauce x

Morning all, pretty good day yesterday 60/35/5.

Today
B pizza, receipe below, it was lovely although base wad not crispy
L egg ham and coleslaw lettuce wraps
D out for tapas with some friends, it should be ok except for the wine.

Pizza, I really enjoyed pancakes yesterday and wondered what else I could cook with the flax, yesterday was the first time I used it.

30gr flax
1 egg
1 tbs cream
Enough water to make it liquid enough to cover bottom of frying pan.

Cook over low heat, turn over and while bottom is cooking add your topping, I use tomato sauce, oregano, cheese and salami.

I want to eat it again now....

Back