love atkins

Afternoon all, thanks for all the encouragement, although I fit into size 10 jeans, above the waist is 2 sizes bigger, I have always been bigger on top, even when a teen, but I hope when I get to my goal weight I will be more in proportion, the top half of me is always the last place for the weight to go from.

Yesterday I had lunch out DK not exactly sure of f/p/c ratios but I kept carbs to a minimum when out.

Weighing today 2 lb gone, so that is 6 lb since I restarted after my hols, I am now just 1 lb above posted weight, very happy.

Today
Brunch, homemade crustless quiche.....so good but so many calories and way over 3 tbs of cream, I only meant to eat 1 slice but ended up eating half of the quiche

D beef goulash with celeriac mash.

Hope you are all having a great day.

Quiche receipe

120gr smoked streaky bacon
1 small onion
2 eggs plus 1 yolk
250ml cream
3 oz cheese
Handful of parsley
salt and pepper

Chop bacon and onion and fry til cooked. Whisk eggs, add the rest of the ingredients and cook at 180 for 25ish minutes, it is cooked when there is no wobble in the middle.

Re the quiche, you can use lots of things instead of the bacon and onion
Smoked salmon and asparagus
Spinach,parmesan, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts
Chicken, pecan and blue cheese
Smoked fish and leek

The chicken and pecan is a fav of minew, but really there should be pear on it as well.....

Ooh sounds delicious ! Thank you, think i might try smoked salmon and asparagus, or tuna and red pepper, the possibilities are endless :)

Oh I have eaten so much today, just finished dinner, ate more than I should have, but all legal. I haven't had a hungry day in a while; so hopefully it is just my body looking for more calories today and I will be back to normal tomorrow.

I get hungry days especially round totm. I always just eat - as long as its good on plan stuff. I sometimes up my fats a little, too, to help with satiety.

Afternoon all, thanks for the advice about upping fats.
Yesterday 68/28/4

Hunger appears to be back to normal today
Brunch bacon, scrambled egg, sausage small tomato and mushrooms

D pan fried pork with creamy mushroom sauce and cauliflour

I am going to send a couple of hours going through the receipes on the site and marking the ones I want to use, I usually have to trawl through them all to find the ones I want.

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday

Afternoon all, thanks for the advice about upping fats.
Yesterday 68/28/4

Hunger appears to be back to normal today
Brunch bacon, scrambled egg, sausage small tomato and mushrooms

D pan fried pork with creamy mushroom sauce and cauliflour

I am going to send a couple of hours going through the receipes on the site and marking the ones I want to use, I usually have to trawl through them all to find the ones I want.

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday

Think that is the key to Atkins finding new recipes to stop the boredom getting in....I found a low carb salmon with lemon sauce recipe yesterday so gonna give that a whirl tonight :) xx

Morning all, feeling really up today and lots of energy...tanx to atkins.

Good day yesterday, 68/28/4

Pressed the wrong button
Today

B omlette with cheese
L coleslaw angle ham lettuce wrap
D creamy chicken and brocolli bake with cheese.
S almond cocoa bark, ML receipe, these are currently in the freezer.

Hope you all have a great day.

I haven't made the receipe I am doing tonight before, but I used to do a non atkins friendly version which was lovely.

Receipe 4 people
4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
400 gr lightly cooked brocolli
120ml mayo
120ml creme fraiche
60ml chicken stock
Put chicken and brocolli in dish, mix other ingredients together and pour over
Top with 120 gr of cheese and some crisps bacon ( for crunch).

Put in oven for 30 mins.
I will report back tomoro on what it tastes like.

Just finished lunch, I didn't go with the coleslaw lettuce wrap, instead I had egg and (celeriac) chips. They were delish. I then had the cocoa bark, it is wonderful, very rich. I will definitely make it again.

It's really strange how one day I'm fine and the next I can eat a scraggy horse (or whatever it is Lisa says lol)- glad it has settled down for you - and your dinner sounds lovely mmm :)

It is weird isnt it, yesterday i was absolutely ravenous, i woke up starving and was like it all day. Today i woke up not hungry at all until gone 12 and even then i ate for the sake of it really something small. I am not sure if its right, but i always thought that if i ate something late in the evening i woke up hungry, if i didnt eat late i wasnt, but i cant remember if the night before last i had a late snack or not..

The chicken dish sounds nice i found one on one of the low carb sites that is cooked in may

o... i didnt press that button grrrrr anyway

cooked in mayo which sounds odd but they say is lovely

Back