love atkins

Hey ive just been reading in a sticky about fat cells holding water, and then releasing them all at once something called a whoosh. Bet a you will have a whoosh next week. I have steered clear from any alternative sweetners and so called unsweetned products as someone mentioned they can stall. You've done well hun as rather be on the -side than +.

Tanx for the info Busy, hopefully I will get a whoosh, but I think it maybe the sf, so I will cut it out this week.
Brunch scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
D chicken stuffed with chilly, garlic and herbs wrapped in bacon. Mush cream sauce and mashed cauli.
S cheese

Getting tired of cheese for a snack must buy some olives tomoro

hey Sammy

Good move to cut out the sf and see how you get on.

Re snacks - also try ham/cheese rolls ups, pepperami sticks, pork scratchings...

Mmm need to go shopping to stock up, I never thought of pepperoni.

Having a wonderful day today slept in late, then long bath, gave myself facial, pedicure and manure. Put on enough body lotion for three people, couldn't get dressed for ages. I must encourage DH to go away more often.
Brunch spinach and smoked mackerel gratin.
D homemade burger with bacon and cheese wrapped in iceberg lettuce.
S egg and olives, not together!

Sounds like a fab day - and brunch sounds yummy:D

Evening Sammy... Menus look good... I have to be careful with sf stuff... Am better with clean and green xx

So far so good, no sf anything the last two days.

B scrambled eggs
L salami, cheese and salad. Salami was great, a long time since I had any
D homemade chicken cordon bleu with asparagus.
S olives

I am going away for the night on Thurs, so will have to eat lunch and dinner out on Thurs and breakfast Fri. The 1st time I will gave eaten out since starting atkins, I might weigh on Thurs morning and not again until sat week.

Any advice on eating out would be gratefully received. Breakfast in Fri should be no problem and I think Thurs Lunch should be ok, but dinner Thurs not sure about, it is a set menu!!!!

Well done on avoiding the sf stuff, Sammy

As for eating out, it can be a lot easier than you think - just stick to protein and a green salad :)

B salami and philly, strange but nice
L frittata with spinach, asparagus spring onion, chilli and cheese. This was lovely, basically just chucked in what I had in the fridge
D slow baked lamb shank with cauli mash
S cheese with mayo.

Tomorrows menu
B eggs
L sea food platter
D 7 course gala dinner eek! With muchos wine eek x 2!

Going to weigh tomorrow morning and record as this weeks weight.

I havent updated in the last two weeks, have put on 4lb, so now only 1 down since i started. i have decided that i need to keep a diary, it seems to keep me on track better. i have been basically keeping to atkins guidelines, but i think i am eating too much protein, having difficulty keeping up the fat content.......also wine does not help, and i have had way too much of that in the last couple of weeks. so new start today and i am going to weigh in on sat.

b 2 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 egg, tbs of sour cream
l tuna, egg mayo and salad
d 2 pork chops with cauli mash

at least 2 litres of water

Good idea to keep your diary. Your 1lb down and that's a good start. Me three with the wine, and it's a four day weekend coming up :(

Diaries always help. Staying off the wine even better!

Never got a chance to post yesterday, in the go from 9am and got home at 11pm, clearing DD student flat, just ad well she wasn't coming home, there was no room in the car, don't kno where it will all fit in the house.....
Wed menu
B bacon and egg
L/D at 5 pm chicken Caesar salad, without croutins,and only a small amount of dressing
More than 3 ltrs of water
Def not enough to eat.

Thurs
B egg and cheese
Lunch out at friends, nibbles hard to say exactly what I ate ...chicken, bacon, yogurt, tried to keep it atkins friendly
D chicken bacon mushroom sauce and salad.
Not enough water..... will try to drink more during the evening

Evening Sammy1, sounds like hard working cleaning the student flat. Is she coming home for summer?

You did very well with your food. :)

I remember clearing my old room in halls into the car. I practically had to strap myself to the roof. Thank goodness for parents.

Yes DD will be home for most of the summer, she is heading to Thailand for 6 weeks.....eek.....she has a weekend job and has been saving all year. When DDs were small I thought "when they are older I won't have to worry about them"... hahaha, I worry more the older they get!

Morning Sammy... Sounds busy with the family ... Great to have you posting you menus ... Will help you track and keep focused xx

Back