love atkins

Well done on the loss but eat more! If you're out grabbing a hamburger but ditching the bun didn't cause any problems for me when I tried it. I can find Atkins tricky when out and about though.

Hope you're less busy today xx

Had good sat and sun was good til last night. Made roast veg for dinner with lamb. Mostly allowed veg, just a few potato and sweet potato for the family, unfortunately DH put some on my plate and I ate them, prob only about a half potato. I seem to have got away with it, no cravings and not very hungy.....

Today at least 3 ltrs of water
B omlette
L lamb and coleslaw wrapped in lettuce
D Chicken breast roasted with garlic and tomato. Either brocolli r cabbage
I don't seem to need snacks anymore

I had a very small bit of roast potato a few Sundays ago that did no damage either. If it's just a wee bit I'm sure you'll be fine. Celeriac roasted makes a brilliant potato replacement though.

Yes I have been reading bout celeriac in your diary, must buy one next time I am shopping and try it.

Hello Sammy... Wow you've been busy! Hope life slows down a bit for you xx

Evening sammy, hope all well:)

Hi, i have not posted in last 2 months, although i have been lurking......i am posting now because i am going on holidays tomorrow and i want to remind myself when i come back how i am feeling now. i have lost 13 lbs since i started atkins, not a lot by lots of peoples standards but i am very happy, i only have 12 lbs to goal so i am just over half way there. i should be at goal by christmas (sorry to mention christmas in the middle of august). I feel incredible, lots of energy up most mornings at 8 at latest, unheard of the the school holidays, my skni and hair are looking good and best of all.....my holiday clothes all fit me comfortably... size 12 bottoms and 14 tops. i have lost 3 inches from my waist, and 2 1/2 from my hips and 2 from my bust, i am very happy.

I have not always stuck exactly to atkins...did a bit of my own thing (against all the advice given by ML in her diary) and i also took a diet break of 5 days (scrumbles advice, although not as long as she suggests), also added in a bit of juddding and found that 2 days a week was ok but if i tried to add in a 3rd i got cravings.....

so when i come back from hols i will go back on strick induction for 2 weeks and then climb the rungs of atkins properly, i might add in a bit of juddding from time to time, as i like the feeling it gives me. when i reach goal i want to move to primal/paleo as it will enable me to eat fruit and more root vegetables.

so on hols i intend eating as low carb as possible, but i will eat fruit (not every day), i have really missed it, also wine. I hope to avoid the usual nasties grains and sugar. I am going to sapin so i will have paella at least once but will wait til the 2nd week to try to keep in ketosis as long as possible. I have also bought the I can make you thin book by Paul Mckenna, i intend to listen to it every day on my ipod and try to follow the rules in an effort to eat properly without binging......

Great post Sammy! And haha my advice... Well I'm on an extended diet break myself right now. Was meant to be 2 weeks for my birthday but have been unwell for all of that and had to reschedule things so all is definitely not to plan. V impressed with all of you who eat Atkins style on holiday, though some places the cuisine does just seem ideal for it. Have a lovely time xx

Wel done sammy great loss you must of gone down a dress size brilliant.....have a fab holiday xx

Hi all, thanks for the good wishes. I am back from my hols, i had a great time, managed not to eat too many carbs, only 1 paella, 1 pizza and 1 panini type thingy,however my alcohol carbs are a different thing altogether.... kept calories about 2000 per day. I did not eat any icecream or anything sweet while i was away, my sweet tooth appears to have vanished....

It all fell apart when i got home...indian takeaway on fri with rice and naan bread and last night i had roast lamb with all the trimmings. I have to admit that the rice, pizza and naan bread were not really worth it, they did not taste as good as i expected! I weighed myself this morning and 7lb on, i hope some of this is water weight and it will be gone by the end of the week. Back on the wagon today, not strictly induction as i want to have a few glasses of vino tonight and tomorrow but i will be doing low carb and then on tues back on induction for 2 weeks. I will continue to weigh on a sat and from tues will post my menus, so any feedback will be appreciated. I am not going to change my stats yet as i hope they will be right again by the end of induction.

I will catch up with all the diaries over the next week, looks like there are lots of newbies in the last few months.

Welcome back Sammy - sounds like you did really well on hols!

Enjoy the wine tonight, and good luck for Tuesday - I'm sure your water gain will whoosh off in time. I think there are few people back on induction on Tuesday, actually :)

New start today... I have decided I am going to change a number of areas in my life.

Weigh 10st by following atkins
Tone up by starting yoga classes
Declutter the house by following tips on FLY website
Less TV more reading.

Ok 1st day back on induction

B bacon, scrambled eggs with butter, cream and cheese (heaven)

L serano ham and coleslaw with salad

D steak and salad with olive oil

Water 1.5 l so far

Last edited:
Ok did really well till the last hour, then ice cream, wine and m&m peanuts......won't even try to log it in mfp.

I am out to a friends house on Thurs for a girly catch up, so I think in my head I know I will break atkins on Thurs, so will leave til Fri to start again, will try for a juddd DD tomoro....

It's tricky when your head knows you're going to go off plan - I always find dieting hardest the day before a planned break - often crack at midnight!

Best to get back on it when you're sure you have a clear stretch ahead.

Well yesterday did not turn out too good...went to nephews cafe and he had especially got in gluten and dairy free stuff for me.....rice flour and alpro soya cream. He made me pancakes with fruit and cream, so I ate them. Normally when I go there I eat nothing, with excuse I don't do dairy r wheat.....I could have said no, but when he went to the effort I think it would gave been hurtful not to have eaten it. I haven't a clue what carbs r calories were in it. So DD r atkins out the window. However it was all I ate so hopefully not too bad.

Today just going to try to keep lowish carb , out to friends tonight to have girly catch up after the summer, 6 of us, so lots of vino and food I suspect.

Going to start back today, ML and Alpaca diaries have been inspiring, they are both back and loosing weight and feeling better. I am lethargic, craving food and bloated. So back on atkins today.

B bacon cumberlan sausage and egg
L salad with m&s antipasti selection
D. Chicken goulash, without the sauce and either brocolli/cauliflour

Lots of water and my supplements
Snacks cheese with mayo, cream with sf cocoa ( if needed)

I really need to keep busy.

Last edited:
Good luck with it Sammy!! It's all about the mindset - keep focused and, as you say, busy to get to K then you'll be rocking !!! X

Back