Total Solution Loved-up's vlcd diary-onwards and downwards!

Hi
No cheating there as far as I can see:) you are doing brilliantly.
Keep up the good work :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great idea about valentines day, I totally get what you mean about testing your willpower, I'm sure yours will be great though:D

Well, I will have to learn to eat properly in the end, so why not get some regular practice in while sticking to the confines of the diet? If I go until goal without food, I'm liable to freak out and eat everything in site when I come off it (like I did the last 50,000 times! :sigh: ) x

Thanks so much Gill, It's so important to me to stay 100%

Elvira I totally totally know what you mean , I have been there myself several times!

Day 32 today:D it's actually going quite quickly! (remind me of that when I start moaning that the time's dragging:p) I am still doing (and loving) exante, but I ordered a few more bits from slim and save after trying them, and I have to say...wow! The chocolate bars, the spagetti bolognaise and the caramel shake are just gorgeous, they feel like such a treat:D in fact when the husband had them he kept saying "this can't be right, these taste way too good to be vlcd" hehe I think he thinks he'll put weight on now this week:rolleyes::p I will probably limit the choc bars to an occasional treat though...don't want to get hooked on them!

Water wise I'm doing well too, I have managed 4 litres most days, I'm surprised because that's something I normally struggle with. I'm hoping it might be good for my liver, I worry about what kind of state it's in as I take so many painkillers every day:(

Still the weight loss has got to be good for me in many ways:D

My friend has been trying the Slim and Save stuff, and I keep contemplating trying them but so worried that it will affect my losses. Plus I'm so picky when it comes to food - there is a high chance I won't like the meals!!!

I'm really struggling today. Really feel like throwing in the towel :sigh: I don't even know what has made me feel this way.

sorry you're feeling so bad:hug99: have replied on your diary, but I just wanted to say that I had the same worries as you about the slim and save stuff, but as it's a vlcd it's a bit like swapping the exante bars for the tesco ones, obviously I wouldn't recommend it to anyone just in case, but having looked at all the nutritional values I'm happy to swap the odd pack, and it has made such a difference....I look forward to pack time now:eek: (how sad is that?!:p)

Hello again diary, sorry I have been neglecting you a bit:eek:

So today is the start of week six:D so happy to have got here in one (slightly smaller) piece!:D Have still been 100%, and week fives loss was 2lbs:) Ok I'll be honest, I would have liked more but I'm happy enough with that. The old me would be thinking 'two pounds? I could have lost that at ww/sw and been eating' the me now thinks, 2lbs? that's a bit slow...imagine how long it would have taken me at ww/sw:eek::p after all if ww/sw any other diet were sooo easy, why am I the size I am?!

Aam week is now over, but in fact I only did it twice anyway. I had another small protein meal on saturday, but not small enough...I was so full it hurt:eek: lesson learned there. I have been thinking that instead of doing it every 4 weeks I might just have the occasional ketogenic meal, I do mean occasional though I am not going to be heading down the slippery slope to cheating!

I really really hope I can see this through to the end, it means so much to me. I was thinking about previous attempts at a vlcd and I don't think I've ever got past 8 weeks before falling pregnant:eek: or having to stop because of gall bladder issues. So that is my new mini goal, to get further than 8 weeks. I have no doubt that I will start getting pain in my gall bladder, I have already had a little bit:( but I will keep on going and try and get it sorted out if it gets too bad

I am on a mission:D

loved-up said:
Hello again diary, sorry I have been neglecting you a bit:eek:

So today is the start of week six:D so happy to have got here in one (slightly smaller) piece!:D Have still been 100%, and week fives loss was 2lbs:) Ok I'll be honest, I would have liked more but I'm happy enough with that. The old me would be thinking 'two pounds? I could have lost that at ww/sw and been eating' the me now thinks, 2lbs? that's a bit slow...imagine how long it would have taken me at ww/sw:eek::p after all if ww/sw any other diet were sooo easy, why am I the size I am?!

Aam week is now over, but in fact I only did it twice anyway. I had another small protein meal on saturday, but not small enough...I was so full it hurt:eek: lesson learned there. I have been thinking that instead of doing it every 4 weeks I might just have the occasional ketogenic meal, I do mean occasional though I am not going to be heading down the slippery slope to cheating!

I really really hope I can see this through to the end, it means so much to me. I was thinking about previous attempts at a vlcd and I don't think I've ever got past 8 weeks before falling pregnant:eek: or having to stop because of gall bladder issues. So that is my new mini goal, to get further than 8 weeks. I have no doubt that I will start getting pain in my gall bladder, I have already had a little bit:( but I will keep on going and try and get it sorted out if it gets too bad

I am on a mission:D

You are doing fab lovedup!! Great work :) sorry about the pain though is there anything they can do about that? X

Hello diary! long time no see;):eek:

I'm sorry I haven't written in here for so long:eek: but I thought I'd pop in to say that I'm still here and still being 100%:D

Week 6 was a sts, I was disappointed I won't lie but I was determined not to let it affect me! week 7 was 3lbs off and week 8 was 4lbs! taking me to a total of 2 stone off, very very very happy with that:D

I have finally started to notice some changes and it feels great, so does getting back into jeans I haven't fitted into in 2 years:flirt2: there is still a very long way to go though so I musn't get too complacent

I am still enjoying this diet so much, though I'm also using some slim and save products too, I just feel so much happier and in control, and as an added bonus my doctors are very happy with my weight loss too:D

I will try to update this more regularly as I have found it has helped me so much, ooh yes that reminds me of another goal I have achieved.....I have now been doing this longer than I have ever done a vlcd for! woo hoo! am hoping that might be a good sign:cool:

Hi and welcome back. That's brilliant that you have been 100% for all this time. Well done and those are some seriously good losses.

Keep posting!

Thank you frannie:flowers:

It's day 64 and the start of week 10:D So the weight reduction;) for week 9 was 3lbs, very very happy with that:D

I still can't believe I have stayed on track this long, it has made me feel so good about myself in ways totally unconnected to losing weight. Just sticking to it is the big achievement for me, now I just want to keep my head down and get to the 'end', that for me is a healthy bmi

The husband is still on track and doing great, I think his total loss now is nearly 4 stone:eek::D so he's planning on starting to come off next week or the week after. I'm hoping it'll be ok for him and that I'll get a good idea of what I'll need to do when it's my turn (though that is a long way off yet!). We're both still really keen on the intermittent diet as a way of maintaining so it'll be interesting to see how that works for him:)

So all in all I couldn't be happier with the diet:D

Hello again diary

Not sure why but I just felt like popping in:)

Today is day 65, though I admit if it wasn't for my sticker chart I would totally lose track! still 100% though:D

I hope I'm not jinxing myself but I've been looking at clothes that I might like when I'm at or nearing my goal weight:eek: I've been tempted to buy some but that still seems like way too big a step yet

I cannot imagine myself smaller, which is quite strange because I haven't always been 'big', and yet getting back to where I once was...well I can't visualise it. It's not that I don't have faith in the diet because I do, I guess it's hard to explain

Maybe it's because when I first started becoming significantly overweight, I struggled to accept it, I felt like it was a 'blip' that I was really a slim person and being 'fat' was temporary. Then I gradually started to accept being 'big' but not 'huge' if that makes sense. Then suddenly (though of course it wasn't really) I was obese, not just obese, morbidly obese, and usually the biggest person in the room wherever I went:( and I had to accept it and so I did. And now that is who I am, that is how I see myself because I have had to. So thinking I might be 'normal' again makes me a bit:eek: something to work on there I think:p

But for now I am happy to be sticking to the diet and getting healthier day by day

You are doing great loved up :D
Keep going :D
It's great that your husband is so supportive :)

Thank you marge:flowers: how're you getting on? your bmi is so close to dropping under 30, that must feel great?!

Today is the start of week 11:eek::D wow those 10 weeks have gone fast! I weighed in this morning and am a pound down:) I wasn't expecting to lose much as I have been really ill with a reaction to my new meds so I've been struggling to take the packs and keep them down:( I haven't cheated though and a pound still means my weight is going in the right direction:party0048:

I just can't believe I have managed ten whole weeks of this, and not only that but I've enjoyed it too:D I just hope I can keep on, I want to do this sooooo badly, I don't want anything to get in my way

Morning diary:)

Day 72 now, still 100%:D

I have just been fiddling round with my signature and I have made myself a lovely new ticker:cool: and I am very excited that I am now 16lbs away from getting my bmi under 40!:gimi::party0011::p

That has always been a really important goal to me, and now I'm actually close to it, it's amazing:D I know it probably seems silly to be so excited about it, but it's a really big milestone to me, and yes I will still have a long way to go...and I will still be 'obese' but I will no longer be 'morbidly obese' (god how I hate that label:cry:)

I have wanted to get under a 40 bmi for so long now, it just always seemed so far away, but its in sight now, I can see it! and I am determined to get there:D

I think the advice of setting small goals is so helpful, it really gives you the extra motivation to carry on. I was starting to get worried that I'd get bored or would start to slip, but this has given me a lot of extra ooomph to keep on going:bunnydance:

Really hope I haven't jinxed myself...

But I've just bought a gorgeous joe browns dress in a size 14:eek:

I can't imagine that I will ever get into it, but I'm going to hang it up and hopefully it'll give me something to aim for (in the far far far distant future;))

Oooh it's made me feel all strange!:eek::p:D

loved-up said:
Really hope I haven't jinxed myself...

But I've just bought a gorgeous joe browns dress in a size 14:eek:

I can't imagine that I will ever get into it, but I'm going to hang it up and hopefully it'll give me something to aim for (in the far far far distant future;))

Oooh it's made me feel all strange!:eek::p:D

I think that's a great idea :) really positive :) good on you x

Thank you dustqueen:bighug:

Well it's day 77 (I think;) and I'm coming to the end of week 11:D and it's Mothers day today, one of my favourite days:D

I have been inundated today with lovely cards and presents from my six fantastic little ones:family2: (though I suppose some of them aren't so little now:p) and not a chocolate in sight:D (and my fab fab husband has bought me an ipad:eek: I am soooo excited, he's been secretly saving up for ages bless him:love:)

We are off to the zoo in a while for a day out, and I shall be aiming to remain 100% the whole time, I'd like to say it would be a good way off burning some fat off, but I will be in one of their mobility scooters:rolleyes::p

I don't always post on here as to be honest the diet has become second nature now, but it's been a bit different this week. All along I have been nervous about getting too complacent, or getting bored because I know I'm going to need to do this for a looong time, and I think it might be starting to creep in a bit:(

We went shopping the other day, and if I'm honest I struggled a bit, I was feeling quite tempted and a little bit sorry for myself but I was battling through. Then I spotted some cheese, well wensleydale and cranberry cheese actually. Now this is a new love of mine that I only discovered the day before I started exante! and when I saw it I really really wanted it, I left it where it was but I kept thinking about it. Then when we were in the chocolate aisle I mentioned to DH how much I wanted it, and he said well lets get it and read the calorie/carb info and if it's not too bad you could have it as a treat, he got some but there was no info on it, so we decided to get it anyway:rolleyes: I got all the way to the till with it but eventually my better sense kicked in and I put it back:)

I'm sorry because I know that was a long and boring story about cheese:p but it shook me up how close I came to slipping off the wagon, and I know that once I do I will struggle desperately to get back on. I want to stay strong and focused so I need to learn from this and not blooming do it again!

In other happier shopping news though;) I have bought a few new clothes as I hardly have any, I bought some to be put away for when they fit me...but some of them fit me now:eek: to be fair they are a top in size 20 and a jumper and top in a size 18 so still huge (and they're a bit stretchy:eek:), but I am so happy, I thought I was still miles away from 'normal' sizes, it's given me a bit of a boost:)

Weigh in day tomorrow, I'm not getting my hopes up for a big loss, I seem to be a slow loser...though that isn't surprising considering I'm in bed most if the time;) I would love 3 lbs though to take me to 2 1/2 stone lost and under 17 st:fingerscrossed:

Good morning! Well afternoon:p

Well today is the start of week 12:D never thought I'd make it this far!

I have weighed in, and it's 3lbs which is what I was hoping for :scale: so that takes me to two and a half stone lost and out of the 17 stones:D still a long way to go, but I am so happy to have got here

Unfortunately it's looking like I'm not on track for the stone a month that is expected despite being 100% but I'm obviously a slow loser so I'll just have to accept that things are going to be a bit slower for me:) I'm determined to stick it out to the end no matter how long it takes:bunnydance:

I had such a lovely day yesterday, and so did the kids especially the two youngest bless them. It's so nice to know that I can still celebrate and enjoy myself without it revolving around food, I didn't feel like I was missing out at all

Right, it's onto week 12, I'm hoping for a good week this week...my mini goal is to get my bmi under 40 and I'm now 13 pounds away from that so I need to stay focused and get it done!

Just a quick pop in

It's day 80 (wow!) still 100%

I went to the cinema last night with a lovely friend of mine, I had a really nice time and I just had a bottle of water and didn't feel deprived at all. Now normally I would have had popcorn, coke and sweets, because, well that's what you do at the cinema isn't it?! But I was more than happy with my water

So now that's 2 of the little ones birthdays, valentines day, mothers day, trips out and the cinema done 100%, the next big test will be Easter!

loved-up said:
Just a quick pop in

It's day 80 (wow!) still 100%

I went to the cinema last night with a lovely friend of mine, I had a really nice time and I just had a bottle of water and didn't feel deprived at all. Now normally I would have had popcorn, coke and sweets, because, well that's what you do at the cinema isn't it?! But I was more than happy with my water

So now that's 2 of the little ones birthdays, valentines day, mothers day, trips out and the cinema done 100%, the next big test will be Easter!

Wow day 80 that's so great :) hope you are chuffed :)

Back