Loving (AND surviving) life's little tests, without turning to food! **Pics added

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Last night when I got home from LL, I found my OH still out in the freezing cold trying to sort out his car. A simple repair turned into a nightmare when the drive shaft broke. So - a late night, and the need for him to drive me to work in the morning to use my car to get his parts.

Not so bad so far.

This moring.....time to wear my new super-cool knee high boots with spike heels. First spikes I have worn in 20 years - thats no word of a lie.

In my car - off wego - halfway to work, my car breaksdown.

HIM: Do you have your phone?

ME: No - remember last night when you needed it I discovered it was left at work??!!

HIM: I dont have one either.

<lots of effing and blinding and us pushing the car off the highway out of the way of rush housr commute.

HIM: You better get going....

So, a 2 mile walk to work, in spikes, in unbroken in boots.

GRRRRRRRRRR

However - hehehe - got a few whistles and looks from the workers and lorry drivers!!! :giggle:

Made it to work. Feet sore. Knees super sore. Frustrated, angry and late.

But - no food! YAY! Had a shake - composed myself - and then took y pics so I can show off my boots later! In my usual private bathroom photo studio!! :rotflmao:

LS - even turned my skirt into a mini to show you my legs, as you say I should show them more. Will let you guys be the judge.

But the good news is - we really DON'T need food, when life throws mud pies at us!!!!

:bliss:

I love the fact you managed to walk 2 miles in spikes BL! I think I would have passed out from the PAIN!

Also, your story made me think about what I would have done 2 months ago. And what I would do today. Wow. Thanks for that!!

And well done on not breaking an ankle, or a boot, or your diet!!

B x

Wooohoo....I bet that made ur day being wolf whistled at who cares about jamming up the rush hour haha...
You entertained the drivers going to work thats the main thing you made people happy and yourself.

I hope car gets sorted! Otherwise you could end up giving the motorway a pile up..hehee
Cant wait to see pix
xxxxxxxx

You are so well on your way now, to not dive in to the food while stressed out thats great! I bet that makes you feel so proud of yourself xx

hehe - yeah, that was pretty cool.

What was really cool - was hubby was being well grumpy, and I was half way down the block when I noticed he was walking behind me in search of a phone box - so he got to witness it. :giggle: Good thing I didn;t do anything untoward!!! :D :D :D

But yeah - made me happy. :)

Thanks Hon!!
XX

Here you go LS - lol - I have posted these- deleted the photos - added them again - deleted them again - lol - NO ONE has seen my legsw in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - except my OH of course, only cause he HAS too. :rotflmao:It's scary to post them!! lol

NO laughing!!! Or I will have to :whoopass:

Here is how the outfit IS
4661-albums538-picture2834.jpg

(I only post this so people know I didn;t actually leave the house in a miniskirt!!! :D)

And these are just for a laugh, for LS. :D

4661-albums538-picture2835.jpg
4661-albums538-picture2833.jpg

And why wouldn't you wear a shorter skirt? You're legs are fantastic. If I had them, I most certainly would be wearing the skirts shorter - keep it respectable mind :D

You look so amazing - is it easy sticking with maintenance then? I am on W8, so very similar process really.

LRO xx

Oh my god - I don;t think I could ever walk out in public in a skirt that short!!! I would be so paranoid that people would be sure I had no mirrors in my home!!! I am much more confident then before - but I don't think I would ever be that confident! I would be crushed if anyone laughed at me.

and giggling at LS's remarks :giggle: :D

Thanks ladies.

ANd yeah LRO - so far, so good on RTM. It's a lot to think about, and I have kind of felt on several days I was flying buy the seat of my pants and sure I was doing it all wrong - but I have had about a 6 pound loss in total (i think) and am maintaining otherwise - so thats good.

It is taking getting used to not to expect a big loss each week...been in such a habit of that. I need to shift gears and now hope to have at least stayed the same - which is the point.

Its not as scary now as it was the first week or two. And I find I am pretty much in control - odd thouhgts and crooked thinking have appeared a few times and I have managed to deal successfully most of the times. A few times I picked anyway - but only on what was "legal" - so I think I am doing OK.

I long for it to be a year - to say - I did it!!! :)

tHANKS! and good luck to you too!

(I only heard of W8 after I started LL - but it sounds like a good plan. Are you enjoying it?)

LOL - you sound like me LS. Sometimes I find myself running around like a blue-ass fly, and then look at the clock and I have ages of time before I need to go.

I am just one of those people who hates to be late - or rushed - in fact, some mornings I have said, "ya know what - I am NEVER late - I am going to relax and have a second cuppa and arrive a little late. And I STILL get to work early! lol

Nevermind. At least you are ready.

As for skirts - I am quite happy wearing them again. I always loved skirts - more so then dresses. But - I always wear them with boots, and no skin showing at all. Maybe I will make that my goal of 2009 - show some skin. A little. Maybe. :D

Thanks for your encouragement, and its been a very long time since anyone called my a numbnut. That did bring a broad grin to my face!!! :D <----kind of like that one! :)

Good luck tonite, and also on your meeting tomorrow. I am sure you will look smashing and get a lot of cool strokes. Knock em dead !

Hope you are having a nice evening. :)

x
XX

BL: I couldn't send a wolf whislte over the 'net, so I found a Wolf Whistling instead ;)

redhotridinghoodpy4.jpg

You look amazing!
Get those pins out more missy! :D

and well done on the 2 miles in heels,
I can't imagine how that'd make your feet feel :eek:

and even better for not turning to food afterwards; I know that prior to starting LL this week, after something like that the first thing I would do it much into some biscuits or something!

WOW you look amazing!!!

No wonder you were getting lots of attention of the builders etc.

I love your outfit!!!

BL: I couldn't send a wolf whislte over the 'net, so I found a Wolf Whistling instead ;)

You look amazing!
Get those pins out more missy! :D

and well done on the 2 miles in heels,
I can't imagine how that'd make your feet feel :eek:

and even better for not turning to food afterwards; I know that prior to starting LL this week, after something like that the first thing I would do it much into some biscuits or something!

:rotflmao: I loved that pic Pete! I have saved a copy, and will use it! BEst wolf whistle today!! :D Thanks for that!

And thanks for your really kind comments too. :)

As for my feet - they have been up all evening....they are plenty sore! Made it most of the day OK, bu having used up my dals allowance of tolerance for heels in the first 20 minutes - lol - they are indeed tired tonight. ANd my dodgy knees are well unhappy, but will survive!!

ANd definately, last year I would have been straight to the canteen for a full fat latte and a donut to have while I licked my wounds! Its a whole new world now. :)

Cheers Pete.

xx

Thanks LS and Emz.

I think one of the things I have in my head, about showing too much skin....aside from doing my best to hide it all these years....is there is a woman I know who is younger then me, and she dresses really nice, but very young in style - and sometimes people might think she looks like mutton dressed as lamb.

I turn 50 in a year and a half - and I don't want to be one of those women people snigger about after I pass!

It's sometimes difficult, because in many ways, I feel like I have woken up and picked up where I left off - at age 25, or 6...?...something like that - when I really started to get heavy. SO I have to check myself. I don't mind being foolish - I just don't want to be the fool, ya know? :)

Maybe its a confidence thing, or maybe its a comfort thing. Time will tell.

You lot are great - thanks a lot for all your comments. Youve really made me feel nice this evening. :)

Not too long ago, I was really missing alot of the "regulars" that used to post here when I started - many have gone different directions, and some are here lurking, and thankfully a few still remain, but I was really feeling sad as only a few of them were here when I hit my goal. A steller few mind you - but still - the "old gang" was gone. So there was just a feeling of 'forum loneliness' for awhile.

But all you new starters have come a long, and I think each and everyone of you is wonderful. Its a fantastic network here - always was, and I now believe always will be.

<<<<hugs to all>>> You make my days. :)

XXX

bl no way in hell are u 48???? wtf sorry but u look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo young!! hope to god i look like that!!

also u have fab legs and the skirt short does suit u!! i no i wouldnt laugh anyways if u passed me!!
u deserved the wolf whistles!!

also u are doing so amazing and so delighted u didnt reach for food im hoping this to will be an experience i have!! xxx

bl no way in hell are u 48???? wtf sorry but u look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo young!! hope to god i look like that!!

also u have fab legs and the skirt short does suit u!! i no i wouldnt laugh anyways if u passed me!!
u deserved the wolf whistles!!

also u are doing so amazing and so delighted u didnt reach for food im hoping this to will be an experience i have!! xxx

ooooooo, I like you Catz!!! :D

Thanks hon - it's true. Guilty as charged. Turn the big 5-0 in April 2010.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't believe it. Not because of how I look - but because of how I act!!!
:devilangel::airquote::innocent0002::massmoon::crazy::party0049::party0048::gimi::whip::silly::happy036::giggle::blahblah::rotflmao::character00201::drool::gen144::doh::wavey:

See what I mean?? :D

:beam:

Thanks very much for you comments hon!! I know you will do great and will cope with all those things that come atyou as well!

xx

looking great BL- and fab boots too! I've bought a skirt, just want a pair of boots as sexy as yours to go with them so I can go out in public.
Hope the car gets fixed soon :)

Thanks Rachel :)

I love boots. I think I posted once that is the nickname my bike club gave me for the sheer number of boots I have. Oooops. :D

I've lost count - but there are LOADS and now I can wear them again!

Only problem is - most of my nice ones are in storage in California! DOH!

These ones I have on - I discovered I can flod the flap up and then they go over the knees. Meeee -ow. :D

Have good night!

x

xx

You look great in your pics BL

What are you goingto wear for the photo shoot on friday?
Love the boots xx

What are you goingto wear for the photo shoot on friday?
Love the boots xx

Hi hon

Just a bit of alaugh really. :) I don't know what I am going to wear - maybe my black trousers and a sparkly Karen Millen jumper.....or a flouncy/floaty skirt??? Not a clue!!!

How about you?

Still not sure if I will make it tomorrow evening....can I let you know tomorrow?

Lifes a bit hectic now - we have two broken vehicles and hubby working madly to get them both sorted before hols.....

XX

Back