Low syn tinned foods

teresa32uk

Silver Member
Hi i read a thread on here and it got me thinking about getting a list together of Low syns or free foods in a tin, which can be used as jacket potato topping, toast topping or a quick meal.

I always have the vegetable ravoli from Sainsbury's in the cupboard, its free on green and extra easy and tastes great on toast or on its own.

Also the vegetable chilli from Sainsburys is free on green and extra easy, and a great standby food which goes great with Jacket Potato and Rice.

Please feel free to add to the list.

asda chickpea dahl is nice with either rice or on a spud.free on green too.think its about 75p a tin.

I have the tinned lean stewing steak from M&S - free on RED and EE and delicious!

Mushy peas are a good standby on green - happily eat a bowl of these for lunch.

Sainsbury's Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese, canned 415g can[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
3½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 16½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Chick peas. Drain well spray with frylight and sprinkle with the spice of your choice then roast in the oven till brown. Free on EE and green.

Not free!!!!!!

My consultant tells me these arent free as they have been baked and therefore the water content of the chickpeas has changed and they are not as bulky Taste nice though.:(

never heard of that.It was our cons who told us to do it on green as a free snack.I cant find anything in the literature and its not being used as a flour. Can you ask her why it's changed so we know please?

spaghetti.
tesco ravioli
tesco stewed steak.
tuna(water/brine)
salmon(water /brine)
mackerel(water/brine/tomato sauce)
sweetcorn
tinned toms.
all free ee

Tesco Irish Stew 400g can = 3 syns on green or EE

M&S Irish stew 400g can = 2.5 syns on red or EE

Great standby for the winter served with extra vegetables . The MES one is VERY expensive though.

I love Princes mackeral in spicy tomato sauce. It's quite a big tin and is lovely straight out of the tin as a snack or is great as a meal with rice as it's got a lot of sauce. And it's free!!!! Yum !!!!

I love Princes mackeral in spicy tomato sauce. It's quite a big tin and is lovely straight out of the tin as a snack or is great as a meal with rice as it's got a lot of sauce. And it's free!!!! Yum !!!!

ooh ... does that mean that sardines in tomato sauce are free too? :fingerscrossed:

Hope so! I've not been synning my sardines!

Back