Lynne: Low Carb Fan

Hi BB!! Yes the IBS seems to be OK now. That's the main thing, I guess, but a bit of weight loss would be nice too. People say I look slimmer but the scales disagree with that. No, I am not going to give up because I know that I would end up very very fat.

How are you???

Glad to hear your on top of it now, must take ages figuring out what may potentially flare it up. Your a determined lady and I'm sure you'll get geared to losing again pretty soon x. Scalea are not important hun, what matters is how your looking and feeling x.

I am good, just wanna lose 1stone for my bros wedding in Aug, took me a while to get into ketosis but the last few days I have stripped right back with no nuts and diary and have very dark sticks now! Doing a bit of that old pilates vid and loving it so far x.

Oi oi! I also have a wedding in August, bought a dress last year which at the moment i will be bulging out of, lets do this x

Aww, its great to see a few posts here. Like spring is bring us all out to play ;) I hope that dreaa fits fabulously on the day. Maybe some exercise to shape up? Not that I am saying you are out of shape. I am the one who really needs to do that, LOL!!

BB I haven't figured out for sure what upsets me, but it MIGHT be chomping on unblanched Almonds and since my diagnosis, I have only had them as flour. Sometimes I feel so hacked off about my weight, and sometimes it doesn't matter to me and I just feel all "Que sera sera" about any loss. I might sigh and say "I give up" but I am not really, its just exasperating sometimes and I need to vent. I hope you shift that stone, When you have so little to lose, its harder, eh. But good to have a deadline to aim for. Best wishes with that.

Oi oi! I also have a wedding in August, bought a dress last year which at the moment i will be bulging out of, lets do this x

Yayyyy!! I can see a challenge coming along!

Lets Kick low carbs bUTTTTT!

Aww, its great to see a few posts here. Like spring is bring us all out to play ;) I hope that dreaa fits fabulously on the day. Maybe some exercise to shape up? Not that I am saying you are out of shape. I am the one who really needs to do that, LOL!!

BB I haven't figured out for sure what upsets me, but it MIGHT be chomping on unblanched Almonds and since my diagnosis, I have only had them as flour. Sometimes I feel so hacked off about my weight, and sometimes it doesn't matter to me and I just feel all "Que sera sera" about any loss. I might sigh and say "I give up" but I am not really, its just exasperating sometimes and I need to vent. I hope you shift that stone, When you have so little to lose, its harder, eh. But good to have a deadline to aim for. Best wishes with that.

Hey I can understand your frustration completely and vent away - thats what we are here for x. On another note I read online (just today! Freaky that yoga is good for managing IBS and IBD. Maybe give it a go and kill two birds with one stone! X. I will try and see if I can find an online version of the article and post it here for x.

I have been doing some easy (chair) yoga. But really not regularly enough. But, my IBS IS pretty good since I have stopped snacking on the unblanched almonds :)

So glad to hear your keeping on top of it x atleast you know its the almonds! Its not a pleasant condition to have. How you finding chair yoga? I really want to start yoga but the DVD I'm following (Yogalosophy by Mandy Ingber) is too difficult for me at the moment, I have to skip a lot of the exercises in the 30 min routine, I'm thinking to I need to do a beginners first and move up or just stick with the one I have and try and push myself more each time? I know with yoga there is no point is the technique is not right. Still, I really want Yoga in my life as there are lots of benefits and its more holistic than the these latest commercial exercise vids/fads that come, (1 every minute it seems).

Hope your winning today x.

Well!!!! I wont sleep now! -I found Minimins is alive again! I am so chuffed I could burst. I would like to tell you all that I am sitting here 3 stones slimmer than when we last chatted, but that would be fantasy. I am not dieting. I have had a pretty lame time, of floundering, losing, gaining and floundering again. I will have to update my stats tomorrow (it is currently gone 2am). But my big fat lardy butt is doing the happy dance :D Speak soon xXx

Précis for the time MM's was dormant....

Decided to use app on phone to encourage me to walk, developed a blister that got infected, so just as my stats were improving I had to stop.

Summer was late coming and late going and HOT so I didn't do any proper walking but I did a lot of swimming which was recommended anyway because (would you believe it), I gave myself torn meniscus and bakers cyst by jumping up out of a chair too fast and it went POP (duh).

I have been eating less and less meat, partly due to watching (part of) a horrible video on the welfare of animals in the meat industry (welfare being utterly the wrong word), and partly because for many years I have found that I often don't enjoy eating it (some of it). I would really prefer it if animals were kept in better conditions and treated more humanely. I know its a complicated subject and the more I consider all the ramifications, the more I wish I could just shut it out and simply eat without conscience. I haven't turned veggie, but I am having more fish. As I say, 'complicated'.

So, here I am with all my Kindle diet books, some free and some paid for, I am hoping I have found one book that fits my views on eating and will help me lose weight. It looks good and I am currently reading through it.

In September it was our Eldest's 40th. He is the one that got married here last year. I went to the UK to join in the birthday celebrations and caught a cold which has left me with a cough that lasted till mid November and I have earache to this day. I have been to the doctor and tried his meds, now I am trying Homoeopathy and if that doesn't work, I will be off to the hospital (you can do that here). My weight has been up and down like a yo-yo, and currently it is up and I am not dieting. I have lost the plot and I think feeling low for weeks hasn't helped any resolve I need to have.

Oh and BTW, HUUGE news, my son and his wife are expecting a baby in April!!!!!!
This is MASSIVE because he has wanted to be a Dad for over a decade, awwwwwwww :)

A couple of weeks ago I joined a gentle keep fit class, its good fun and the people are lovely. I hurt my back this week (bending down to read a label while shopping), but its healing fast, so I hope to rejoin them next Monday. It's twice a week. Overall it seems like this year I have been sort of falling apart and I am hoping I can resume the walking, the keep fit and the dieting with commitment and soon enjoy the benefits because I feel my bad health is my fault.

Hi Lynne it's all go there! I'm low carbing at the moment but not eating much meat as I'm just not in the mood for it. What plan are you doing? Huge congrats to your son and all of you, very exciting. :)

I haven't really started it yet, but a book that grabbed my interest is, "The Flexitarian Diet" Dawn Jackson Blatner.

Weight shot up to 220 and is now 217.4, so I dont know what that was all about, but being so close to Christmas, I doubt I will be disciplined enough to make any real headway. Back is a lot better now, though I am mindful of it sometimes. Took my trusty old bike to be mended yesterday, and the man wasn't there. But it will be good to be able to use it but please don't run away with the idea that I will be doing anything heroic on it. With 3 gears and MY legs, its simply impossible, ROFL! We will go back to the shop today or tomorrow and see what he says about it (needs new gear hub), -he's better not laugh at the state of it, -she's about 33 years old now........

Last edited:
Back