Lynne: Low Carb Fan

Thanks Jelliebabe, Waterworks, Lady Felsham, I pinged back into the twosies then back into the onesies. It's the way it goes with me, as long as the weight is generally heading in the right direction, I am happy. I am wearing a very old pair of jeans today, they look pretty good because my legs are slimmer but please dont imagine they are slim. They aren't. But they look a heck of a lot better than when I wore them last winter. When I am in UK I will have to buy more, which is tricky as I need trousers but will have to buy them a bit on the tight side and then slim into them. That'd be an incentive :) I do know though that my trip to UK will put me squarely back into the twosies. I have an app that charts my weight. My lowest weight marked by a celebratory yellow dot. I will have that to aim for upon my return in November. BTW, today it is colder here than in Manchester, Bristol Cambridge, Ipswich. But at least its sunny :)

Hey Hun, you have brilliant at maintaining a firm yet not too rigid attitude to the WOE and it's working! Keep the same head for your oct trip - enjoy be merry and then back on the game in November.

Some lovely new clothes to slim into will be a great incentive to keep focused. I have a dress hanging on the back of my door which inspires me to keep at it x.

You've reminded me, theres a nice dress under my bed that I might well fit into next year (I ay 'next year' because its a sun dress) and I love it.

Hope the trip home goes well for you petal. And I too have a dress that I want to fit in for xmas. Not exactly powering my way towards it, but it's slowly slowly catchy dressy in my world!

Haaa love that!!! Hmm, cant think of a dress to aim for for christmas. Maybe I need to buy a small one, set myself up with a challenge. I am 60 on Christmas Eve. Sixty is an old persons age, I am not old, I think (then I look on the mirror and the full horror hits, especially when looking down into my 12x magnifying mirror for stray hair plucking. I have so many strays I could open a home.......

PMSL!!!

Best thing about the sight getting older is that my makeup always looks FABULOUS! I used to have such trouble with liquid eyeliner etc, but now I can't see so well it's perfect every time, LOL! Anyway, 60 is the new 40, everybody knows that!

Applying eye liner is a case of sawing it into the creases with the soft pencil, its like crepe paper. I was thinking I might get some liquid eyeliner when i am in UK, but fear it will be a disaster because its no longer a level playing field. Actually rethinking that, it will be like painting lines on a football pitch. But from a distance I look OK, -a huge distance....

Last edited:
:giggle:

Lol at you both:D. I'm allergic to all makeup so never wear it - upside is the money I save and never worrying about putting it on. Some people say...but surely..I've decided no makeup looks better than eczema and splodges around my eyes:)

Lynne ref the trip - I hope you can manage not to get stressed in the run up and during. Remember we can't control others but can try to look after ourselves and leave space/be kind to self. Xxx

Katie, Liz Earle has made makeup with allergy and eczema in mind. Perhaps you could go to a Lewis's and see if they would let you try some. That way you might get an idea of whether it is OK for you. I have skin trouble, I wont say its the only one I can use, but I like it a lot. I NEED makeup I look very bad without, if you don't then that is fabby., and as you say -cheap :)

Thanks Katie re:UK :D

Thanks Lynne for suggestion - I'm trying to learn to love myself as I am so actually use the allergy excuse to not keep trying one more magic potion....that doesn't really work or change life. You know if I eat well, sleep well and exercise I look 10 yrs younger:D

My latest is not pulling out the odd grey hair - I used to feel bad with each one. Then I discovered all my friends assumed I dyed it anyway which completely deflated me! So my latest snub nose to others views is let them grow - admittedly interesting conversations with self in front of mirror;)

Xxxx

I started going grey at 21. I have never pulled the grey out. At one point people thought I had really good highlights, LOL! I love my grey and if it started going back to dark brown I would be upset. I am lucky though, its a sparkly silver grey, like my Nan's. I think I need to follow your example and eat sleep and drink plus exercise. Lack of activity is probably my biggest crime. Summer is too hot to want to move much. Now its cooler, I have been doing an end of summer clean and not sweating too much ;)

Have a peek here Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare – Welcome to our UK website Google Liz Earle Videos. Trial sizes Travel & Try-Me Kits | Gifts | Liz Earle QVC Liz Earle — QVCUK.com

Thanks for the heads up and thanks even more for those links Lynne. I have a daughter with nasty eczema who is totally fixated on makeup but who reacts to all of them! Any suggestions for a hypoallergenic cleanser while you're at it? I end up using vaseline on her - does the trick but not nice near the eyes. :(

Hi Ww - has she tried Simple products? not perfumed or coloured. I am allergic to most hypoallergenic stuff but the simple range seems to work for me

Oh blimey - whey have I never thought of this???? Thanks K!

Hi ww, if you look on the Liz Earle site, you will see she does cleansers toners, moisturisers, shampoo, makeup. LOADS of stuff. I think Simple might be cheaper, but if Simple doesn't work, I would thoroughly recommend Liz Earle.

Thanks Lynne - I love the totally random stuff I pick up on the Atkins forum :D

What with food and recipes, cheap clothes and now lovely makeup/skin care - we're covering everything important in life:D Xx

Claire i use only products with no parabens or SLSs in them, and love this range -

houseofdiscounts12 | eBay

She normally does a foaming cleanser, not sure why it isn't showing.

Lynne - fab news on the slow but steady fab weight loss, you are a champ! And all the best for your trip back to the UK hun xxx

Back