Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Hope you have an amazing day in New York....there is so much to see cram as much in as possible

Oh Lynne, NY sounds so good *sniff* would love to go! Get an iphone 5!!! I've been toying with the idea for absolute ages and I've used other ppl's iphones 4 & 5 and 5 is pretty amazing.
Also, from one shortie to another, the 5 is slimmer and therefore much easier to handle with one hand. The 4 is too fat for my little hands :D

Ahhh Lynne, sounds like you're having an amazing time...well jel! xx

Lynne did you get the 4 or 5?

Awww that's nice Lynne. Hope you have a lovely holidays.

Sounds like you're having an amazing time, andell done you for the good food choices! Damage limitation ;)

Just check that the phone will be ok to use here. I know the ipads etc are compatible, but not looked at phones? x

Hi, I'm back. Arrived home Friday lunchtime having left Philadelphia at 8.40 pm US time. I couldn't sleep on the plane and still haven't recovered from missing out on a night's sleep despite not getting up until 1pm yesterday. Had a wonderful holiday and only put on 4lb! Unbelievable! Following our day in New York on Saturday last week, my sister and I stayed for 2 nights on Monday and Tuesday at the coast at Cape May. We were in a wonderful small hotel across the road from the beach. The service and food were brilliant. Cheese and wine were served from 4pm to 7pm and at night your bed was turned over for you and a chocolate was left there for you. The towels were changed twice daily and the breakfasts were superb. Although the hotel had an award winning restaurant we ate out both nights so didn't try it. On the second night we went to a restaurant called Harpoon Henrys which is opposite a beach called sunset beach and we had a table right at the front so we sat and watched the sun setting whilst eating our meal. Mine was seafood linguine with massive scallops, shrimps, mussels and calamari in a cream and wine sauce. BUT, it's back to exante today. I didn't really feel like restarting this morning ad I suspect the first few days are going to be really hard but it has to be done! I have 23 days left in which I hope to lose at least 15lb before I go to Turkey - which will take me to a total of 3 stone lost! I have decided to keep a daily record of my weight loss for motivation so here goes:

Day 1 Sunday 4th August - Weight 12st 3lb - Loss 0lb - Target loss 15lb

Last edited:
Good to have you back. Sounds like you had an amazing time. You will back into no problem.

Welcome back Lynne :)

Thanks and thanks.

Wow your holiday sounds fab! Welcome back and I hope you ease yourself back on track ready for your next holiday target.

I have a holiday at the end of this month too that I'm hoping to be 14lb lighter. Hopefully we will get there together.

Hi Hullou. I did have an amazing time in Philadelphia and now I'm looking forward to Turkey. I'm really hoping to have a good loss by then as I know I will probably drink and eat a lot more in Turkey than I did in America. I don't want to have to diet while I'm away so if I can lose a decent amount before going the damage won't seem so bad! I must admit I was pleasantly surprised to have only gained 4lb this holiday. I think it was probably because I was staying at my sisters and did have exante meals for breakfast and lunch about 5 times. However I did eat and drink a lot too!

Before and after pictures

378790_2549405508538_99126534_n.jpg DSCF0172.jpg
London August 2010 and New York July 2013

Last edited:
You can really see the difference in your photos! That's enough to keep you motivated in itself.

I think a 4lb gain is brilliant for a holiday. That'll soon be off this week!

Thanks Hullou. I'm sure we'll both be at least a stone lighter in time for our holidays at the end of the month. Where are you going for yours?

We have a family holiday to Majorca. I only booked it a week or so ago as we weren't sure if DH would be able to leave the business but its panned out well.

Feel a bit greedy as we've been away a lot this year but having 6 weeks off school I feel the need to escape for at least one of them!

Really hope I'm a stone lighter by then - I'll be over the moon.

I originally trained as a teacher (drama and english) many years ago. It must be great having 6 weeks off over Summer!

Wow Lynne, you must be feeling so much better. You can definitely see how much you've already lost! Funny as I banned/ripped/deleted any fatter photos of myself so don't really have any before/after pics! X

Back