Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Lynn where are you hun???
Hope everything is ok?
Come back xxx

Hi Lynne, how's today been for you xx

Hows it going lynne?

Its the weekend so no travelling?? :)

Enjoy your weekend Lynne xx

Hi Lynne hope all is good and your not stranded at some murky station somewhere. :)

Hi lynne. Sorry to hear of your transport nightmare.
I hope you have a good weekend :)

Keep going Lynne xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Lynne, We are all missing you :wavey: x

Hello. Sorry I've not been about. I've just been really busy at work, had really long days due to the train disruptions and have been really tired. On Friday afternoon we had a crisis situation with a young girl and 2 of my staff were involved until about 1.30 am. I was able to come home but was in telephone contact throughout. At the same time, all day Friday I had an awful headache and felt like I was heading for a heavy head cold. I still felt bad yesterday morning so stayed in bed all day and took day and night cold and flu capsules. I'm a bit bunged up this morning but apart from that feel fine! Maybe I was just run down from lack of sleep and all that standing about in the cold!
Diet wise I've been abysmal! I weighed myself this morning and I was 12st 8lb! Not good! So it's back to the drawing board. Apart from tomorrow, when I'm out for lunch with a friend, I have a clear run until Friday when I'm going up to my mum's again. I was 100% TS yesterday but that wasn't exactly difficult as I felt too poorly to eat and was in bed all day. (Had my first pack at 5.30pm and struggled to fit all 3 in!).
This week's plan: Apart from tomorrow when I will have a sensible lunch, I'll be TS from today until Friday. If I can't manage to stick to 3 packs, I'll have a fourth rather than food. When I go to my mum's I will take packs and only eat proper food when we go out (probably Saturday and Sunday lunches.) I am also going to weigh every day. I know for some people this holds them back,but for me it is another way of keeping a check on myself. I'm not going to try to do any additional exercise as it is unrealistic to try and fit it in at the moment. I'm doing about 10,00 steps a day anyway with the extra walking I'm having to do - will update the steps challenge today. I'm also going to try and get at least 8 hours sleep every night which will mean early nights. This week will be a preparation week for a SERIOUS TS ATTEMPT in March!
I'm sick of feeling tired and ill and although I know that work and travel issues are partly causing this, I think it is also due to poor diet. I'm usually quite upbeat and cheerful and and optimistic about things. The weather is getting better (a bit I hope) and the days are getting longer. I usually associate March with the beginning of Spring and we'll be putting the clocks forward again at the end of March. I've got 3 weeks leave booked in May and am going to try and get some day off booked in before then. At the moment I'm in a rut, just going to work and catching up at weekends. I need to have a full spring clean and decluttering of the house as I have little time for any of that at the moment.
I also need to try and keep up on here as it does help keep me to task. It is going to be difficult to post on everyone's diaries but I will read them all. I usually catch up at weekends but today will have to be spent cleaning, shopping and doing some catch up stuff from work. My task for next week will be to ensure I do at least one diary entry a day every day. I'll try to ensure I record my weight and what I've eaten which will hopefully keep me to account. I will also try to read everyone's diaries and also post on at least 3 a day.
I've abandoned weigh in days but will reinstate them a week on Wednesday so have until then to get to 12st 3lb for a STS but hopefully to get below that!

So glad to see you back xx Sounds like a hell of a time you're having at the moment, you must be totally knackered!

Don't let the numbers on the scales upset you, you can do something about them and you can soon bring them down. Sounds like you've got a good plan there and if weighing every day helps then do it, seeing the losses may help keep you motivated.

In all of the hectic ness do try and make time for you to just relax, don't want you to wear yourself out xx

Nice to see you back Lynne, and it sounds awful what your going through just now. It does sound as though everything is getting on top of you as you have no control over any of it. We can't plan for situations like this and sometimes it's best just to come out the other side battered and bruised but with our sanity still intact. Your not giving up but maybe the best you can do is just cal count until the worst is over? A sts would be fantastic after all. Your doing long hours anyway not including the travelling and as you say your them spending your days off catching up with everything. You need energy, really hope this picks up soon. Big hugs to you chick, one thing to take from this is your determined. Xxx

Thanks Carrie and Katie. I need to do something now, otherwise I'll just lose control altogether. Will start keeping a record of my calories on MFP as well so that if I do have anything else I can keep the calorie count in check.

Sounds like a good way forward Lynne :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Thanks TH. I've got to do something. If I don't get a grip now I never will! I'm pleasantly surprised not to have gained more weigh than I have but know that if I don't stop now I could end up putting lots back on.

Lynne, so sorry your life is difficult at the moment - in many ways it reflects how mine was until my Dad passed, so I can empathise :(

Great to see you back here though, and that you have a plan :)

Spring is on the way, and somehow everything seems easier with a bit of sunshine!

Take good care of yourself x

Thanks Darcy! Roll on sunny days, exante and exercise!

Back