Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

It wasn't as nice as it sounded Katie. The potatoes weren't cooked enough. I ate mine but the boys left theirs and got a takeaway. I'm afraid I'm not the best cook in the world.
Susie, my Zumba came with 7 DVDs and 2 sticks. The first DVD -Step by Step - lasts for 55 minutes. Definitely think I'll give it a go tomorrow morning.

Oh thats a shame, good on you for not joining in with the takeaway xx

Hi everybody. I'm afraid it is back to square 1 for me. I really don't know why I am unable to get back on track at the moment. I'm going to calorie count today and tomorrow ant try to do 100% TS Monday to Friday next week. I've also decided to invest in a decent phone (Samsung S111 - there is a store on ebay that sells ones that are new 'returns' for £199 on EB) and a fitbit. Maybe if I am able to keep in touch on here and track better I will have more success. Does anyone have any advice on which fitbit to get - fitbit one or fitbit flex?

Day 1: saturday - 12st 11lb - target loss for week 7lb

So far today I've had 2 boiled eggs.

hi Lynne,

sorry you are struggling, good idea to get the stuff you know you like so it doesn't deter you, I have loads of meals I have got to work through and I am finding it hard as not keen. A new phone sounds good def makes it easier coming on the forums. I have the fitbit flex and as Katie said it just has dots on it no display for stats, think the idea is to keep it subtle as it's on the wrist all the time, it's waterproof so can be worn in the shower. The dots flash on when you tap it and light up as you progress towards goal, it vibrates when you reach goal or set an alarm. To see specific stats you have to look at the app on phone/PC but it syncs very quickly. Just ask if you have any questions. X good luck with Zumba. :D

Thanks Katie and Willow xx

Hi everybody. I'm afraid it is back to square 1 for me. I really don't know why I am unable to get back on track at the moment. I'm going to calorie count today and tomorrow ant try to do 100% TS Monday to Friday next week. I've also decided to invest in a decent phone (Samsung S111 - there is a store on ebay that sells ones that are new 'returns' for £199 on EB) and a fitbit. Maybe if I am able to keep in touch on here and track better I will have more success. Does anyone have any advice on which fitbit to get - fitbit one or fitbit flex?

So far today I've had 2 boiled eggs.

I got a flex because you can sleep and shower with it on so you just keep it on all the time, I'd forgot the one, I'd just keep leaving it behind lol

I got a flex Lynne but it was only a fluke that it came into hubby's shop (cash converters) brand new in the box and he knew I wanted one so snapped it up!
I love it but it's making me feel a little bit like I've failed because I am so sedentary and it worries me that once at goal I won't be able to maintain my weight unless I have a serious life style change. Now I know that's a good thing but I feel like it's quite impossible at the moment.
However it's a step on the right direction. It's making me aware of what I need to do. X

I know what you mean Lil. Unless I make an effort I'm very sedentary. At work I spend a lot of time sat in front of a computer at my desk and really have to make an effort to get some steps in. Wearing my pedometer makes me more likely to actually take a lunch break and get some steps in. Also at home I actually walk the dog myself instead of nagging my sons to do it. I record my steps every day and try to do at least 10,00. Yesterday I did nothing at all and my total was a ridiculous 812 - I did also forget to put my pedometer on for most of the day but my steps wouldn't have been much better even if I had! You must do quite a lot of steps when you're at home with Jenson.
I'm definitely going to order a fit bit on Wednesday!

3lb down today. Water weight but at least it's down. Had 1015 calories yesterday and have had 2 boiled eggs for breakfast today. What I need to do is stay either on a low calorie or exante regime all week. Otherwise I'm going to continue with this pattern of losing and gaining the same 5lb every week!

Day 2: sunday - 12st 9lb - loss 2lb - target loss for week 7lb - 5lb to go

Plan for today:
Catch up with posts
Walk the dog
Do 55 minute introductory 'Step by Step' Zumba DVD
Exante Double Chocolate Bar for lunch
Housework: Clean and tidy kitchen, lounge, dining room and bathroom
Quick trip to Sainsburys
Calorie counted evening meal
Bath
Catch up with diaries
TV
Bed

You have a busy day planned! You will sleep well tonight. :)

Enjoy your Sunday Lynne, sounds like you've got a busy day ahead and you've got some good food choices there xx

Thanks Willow and Katie. Probably won't manage everything. Have walked the dog, tidied the kitchen and put a load of washing in so far. Lunch next.
Have decided to compete against myself steps wise every day trying to beat my record for that day. So.... I have to beat 15782 today. Have done 4034 so I'd better get moving!

Its all about breaking the lose/gain cycle Lynne. I'm at the same point breaking into the 14's but not quite leaving the 15's yet :eek:
You and I both need to break that cycle, and need to keep going for a good couple of weeks. Once you get past that sticking point, you know you have done it and can go further.
After today I dont have anything off plan until the middle of April. ;)
Have a look at what you have got planned Lynne, for the next few weeks and see if you can keep up the momentum ;)
We can do it Lynne :D

Good advice Marge. I'm going to have a real good go at it over the next week. As far as I can remember all I've got on now until the end of April is next weekend at my mum's, out for lunch on 30th March and 3 days in a hotel last week in April so I should be able to give it a good crack! I'm pretty good at calorie counting at the weekend, it's when I try to stick to dieting during the week that I have problems. I didn't last year but I think that was because I had the incentive of my holiday in Philadelphia.
Have just had an exante double chocolate bar for luch so now it's a quick coffee and then on to the zumba xx

Hope you are enjoying the Zumba Lynne. That will get your muscles working & your step count up nicely :).

I wonder why you find it harder to calorie count at work when you are busy rather than when you are at home . Mine is the opposite & being at home is when danger lurks. Is there anyway you can plan what you are going to eat the day before or that morning & then stick to it. It might help break that cycle. Are you going to TS next week or calorie count x

I think it's the length of my day on week days. I get up at 6am (the alarm is set for 5!), leave at 6.60am, get to work at 8,50am, leave work at 6.30 pm and get home at 8,30pm. (Sometimes I leave at 5.30 but its usually 6.30). That's a long time to go on not much to eat. I can do it because i've done it before. I just need to get in the right mind set.

Just done my Zumba DVD. Its a beginners' one teaching you the steps and I managed 49 out of 55 minutes. If I manage to get up in time tomorrow I'll give it another go. I think I'm going to have to go through this one lots of times before I'm OK with the steps. I really do lack coordination. When my friend and I used to go to aerobics the instructor used to shout at us for going in the wrong direction. I also used to be kept behind after step on a regular basis to practice the steps. I never did master 'round the world!)

Steps are now up to 8475 on the pedometer so I think I'll have a coke zero now and then take the dog out for another walk. It's really cold here at the moment! I'm going to have to spend some time on the treadmill too if I'm going to beat 15782 steps!

Putting me to shame Lynne, I've done 4882 steps so far LOL.

You'll get the hang of the Zumba with practice. At least you can stop & rewind rather than being told off :rolleyes:. I'm quite lucky in regards to co-ordination but my hubbie is terrible with dance moves. Its a shame cos he thinks he's good LOL. Me & the kids end up disowning him after a while, especially once he's had a few beers ha ha.

I got paid as a gogo dancer when I was in my teens! I don't think I'd get paid for dancing now, my coordination really is shocking! I'm OK with 'make it up as you go along' but really struggle to follow steps - especially when I have to start using my arms as well xx

Total calories today 1116 and total steps 14244 (414 calories).

Back