M-Mouse's Droppings

:-D

Hi Sarah et al. Well I found my dear little diary languishing on page 4!

I'm sure I was not alone in finding yesterday excruciating - too much chocolate and nice stuff around, perpetuated by a walk down by our local quay yesterday afternoon - everywhere had either chocolate in the window, or was a coffee shop, flouting its wares! I just about resisted my favourite fruit and seed bar in cafe Nero! I had been going to cook a roast but no one else wanted one so DD cooked lasagne and I didn't bother making the crumble I had planned and ended up going to be early (Sarah's trick!) Today I am pleased that I managed to resist all the goodies - and it doesn't seem like an issue today!

Lunch today is Nandos which I like, having got over the issue of ordering and eating a whole chicken! They say a whole chicken but I'm sure you don't get as much of the chicken as you would when you cook one at home! Over to Mum's afterwards so hopefully she doesn't have too much in the way of goodies hanging around!

Great to read you back Manda!! :)

So glad the going to bed early thing helped, it helps me, force myself to sleep and then wake up, pass the long mirror - get an annoyed feeling at the wibble and then downstairs to weigh in - affirming the wibble on the scales :p and then a dukan breakfast to try and defeat the wibble :D...one day I will be a wibble free zone :eek::)

Did you manage Mum's ok too?.... I hate visiting rellies at the moment, they feel the need to fill me with biscuits :( and then think I've an eating disorder when I resist (I'm hardly likely to waste away at 12st!:))

Chicken is the definite plan for me this week, stood for 2 minutes in Asda this afternoon, staring at whole chickens (after the duff weigh in this morning) saying to myself (in my head :)) "can I do this anymore?" I ate tons of protein last week, put on weight and it all just felt a bit much, then I said "course you f*cking can, now pick up the d*mn chicken!" :) so I complied with firm me and put the chicken in my basket :) job done.

Kids off school still for you this week? Got much planned?

Hope to read you soon :) xx

Hi Hon. Yes Mum's was ok thanks; we were all looking through old photos. I am currently (shockingly) the lightest I have been since I was about 10 years old. I look at myself now and I think I am fat still and I don't feel any different to when I was nearly 20 stones - but when I look at the really fat pictures I stun myself and can't believe I ever looked like that!
- no naughties but we had been to Nandos beforehand! Chicken for me too this week. Smelled like a cheesy wotsit at work today (back but kids still off for a week) because I had chicken with a sort of broccoli puree over it; to make the puree cheesy I added some Dukan cheese flavouring - result = me stinking the whole office out and not really tasting the cheese! No one else commented but it really did smell strong! Working from home tomorrow which is normally my food dopwnfall but only got one packet of chicken adn half a side of salmon in teh firsdge, so salmon and chicken tomorrow. x

I've avoided cameras for years :) so there's not really much to look back at (only passport pics and they're head and shoulders shots ;)) on the downside means no looking back and seeing how far I've come

Glad the weekend was a positive one for you, best of luck with the working from home xx

Thanks Sarah! At least it's a nice sunny day on the south coast so I can sit and look out of the window in my office. I have ordered (horror of horrors) a bikini which might arrive today. I've not worn one since I was about 4 years old - but I suspect it will get sent back! I have ebayed quite a few bigger clothes over the last few weeks so I thought I should spend my spoils! The trouble is my wardrobe is full to bursting but I have noting to wear and can't really see what I've got. There is an amazing array of sizes!

Food today has been smoked salmon for breakfast (it was really out of date but I figured it wasn't likely to kill me!!), I have made 2 days worth of muffins with coconut flavouring in them - it is one of the flavourings Jo gave me from France and it is really nice - it really does taste like coconut and I have even been known to use it in skimmed milk to make a thai green curry. All I have in the fridge is a pack of chicken breasts and a whole side of salmon - surely that will keep even me full!!

Manda you paint an idyllic picture :) would love to be coastal, lived most of my life in probably the most landlocked area of uk :) d'oh....

Manda re: "wardrobe is full to bursting" mine looks like it did :eek: - like it exploded all over the room lol - sizes 12-18 - all of the same stuff....BORING :(...gotta clear some of it out - just finding the motivation :) BIG JOB

Is the coconut flavouring a dukan one?....getting tempted more and more to buy them on a daily basis :) x

No it's from the little parisenne shop Jo showed me. I would google it seeing as having read Dr D's latest on flavourings and having seen the ingredients in his I am no longer so het up on the sugar/alcohol/oil free thing!!

Yeah I noticed they're full of all sorts lol :) I don't think they're particularly "special" in their make up, just that because you use them in such a small amount the negative effects are minimal - from what I can see :)

did I mention I missed you mousey :) great to have you back xxx

Tan, Vicky and now Jo have abandoned me :( *sob sob*

Great to read you, Manda, and such good timing to come back - I'd have missed your diary as I'm not on much just now - DIY and yet more DIY and associated mess, yawn.

Need to ask advice. Where daughter has her pony lessons the owner has some chicks that are due to hatch (20 eggs, not sure how many chicks but probably half or so, she thinks) and is looking for homes. I'd love a couple of hens as we do get through a lot of eggs and would be nice to have a boiled one now and again for breakfast. Big plus point, in my view, is that they kill vipers (terrified of snakes) and there are a few of them around near our house so I'm sure that would be a useful perk. Now, the less positive. Husband is convinced we'll get fed of the mess (I won't;)) - we could pen them in and give them a decent stretch of grass or let them roam free - what do you do and how much space do you have for them? Not holding my breath on husband changing his mind though!

Anyway will chat more another time, have to go and fetch daughter home. xxx

Lovely to see that Mouse has posted again! Glad to see you, my lovely, and that your Parisian flavourings are still a thrill. (I'm more into Rachel Khoo's Parisian cooking at the moment - make sure you're not eating if you check the show before lunch Sat on BBC1. I'd buy the book if it weren't out of stock at the moment on Amazon! Totally not Dukan of course!

I'll update my own diary too... I promise to be around more, in your diaries at least, next week! I'm home from June 9 for a week so hope to see you then Manda... any plans to holiday in France this summer?
x

A good couple of days but been really busy in work. Tummy been misbehaving so probably not eaten enough. Nice day today. Shopping this morning, and trip into town this afternoon and then a coffee. Busy tomorrow helping with rugby 7s tournament. A 2 hour stint cooking burgers is enough to put anyone off food :) I have bought the Dukan patisserie book off Amazon. It's in French but pretty easy to understand. I want to make the eclairs but I can't find liquid hermeseta anywhere, so I have ordered it off Amazon and they will have to wait. Some of the pictures in the book look amazing but we all know what Dr D is like with his pictures!
Food today - chicken thighs, quark with sweetener and vanilla and a chicken in the oven for dinner. Picnic tomorrow at the rugby - chicken legs, tuna dip, boiled eggs, carrot sticks.

Hey Manda :)

Just checking in with you :) how did the BBQ go?... what's this about tummy misbehaving?

I was tempted by the dukan dessert book, but the fact it was in french put me off :) I have literally no understanding of the language at all :eek: can imagine myself trying to use it would turn out more like an episode of Gordon Ramsay's The F Word ;) in my kitchen x

HI everyone. Laura, the chickens are really not too much work. I now have seven and they have a smallish coop but quite a large area to roam in. They are quite destructive so they are probably best fenced in a bit if you have a nice garden. I clean them out once a week and they really aren't an awful lot of effort. I started with 6 chickens and they all lay an egg most days so that is far too many really! I do eat a lot of eggs though and will often have 3 boiled for breakfast! They have quite a large area to run around in - probably about 100 foot long so they are kind of free-range but they have their own area to destroy rather than wreck the garden. If you have a big garden they perhaps wouldn't be able to wreck the whole thing!The eggs are gorgeous -nothing quite like eating an egg that you KNOW is fresh. I would say cleaning them out is no more work than a rabbit. If you all eat eggs, perhaps 4 chickens?

Sarah - it wasn't a BBQ but helping in the rugby club kitchen. Luckily I got out of burger duty and ended up making teas and coffees - far more civilized! Tummy misbehaving - just an ongoing thing - docs don't know/care what it is!

Thanks Manda, that's useful. I wouldn't mind the cleaning out, but I think I'll have to abandon plans. The look on husband's face when I mentioned it was enough to tell me that I would be on my own on this one and it's not worth the (potential) arguments. Shame though - it's a wee dream of mine to gather an egg or two in the morning and having them boiled for breakfast. I have hazy memories of collecting eggs at my Great Gran's (and getting stung by nettles in the process!) and it was like finding buried treasure. I'm such a sap!:eek:

Burger duty is vile, but chip duty is worse;). Glad you got away with teas and coffees! Hope your tums sorts itself out.

I can remember visiting those chickens! Hope you're ok Mouse :). And, Robin, I have very similar childhood memories from when I visited a great Aunt. I'd stick to your guns, if I were you. I wish I could keep chickens!

Hi there everyone - I'm fine thanks, just plodding on but very busy at work - how inconvenient!! Not a lot on this weekend apart from more rugby tomorrow - hope it stays dry.
Tried a pair of size 10 shorts on yesterday - wouldn't even have picked them up but I liked them and it was the only size they had!! They actually did up - I couldn't breathe mind!! Still I was chuffed! I still can't get used to wearing 12s! I just wish the sizes were the same in all shops though.

Hello - last time I looked on my diary I had some weird rambling post by someone I had never heard of - I see it's gone so something must have been going on!

Good to read there is love life news Sarah!!

Back