M-Mouse's Droppings

Saturday

B - oatbran biscuit type thing with smoked mackerel pate
L - chicken (I have cooked 2 this morning as the best before date is today!!)
D - Tuna chicken and herb bake
2 * mullers

My Daughter wants to cook Thai tonight and is currently rooting through my cookery books - yet another thing to resist! Perhaps I can talk her into making some kind of driendly (my new word for Dukan friendly) chicken starter.

At least it has stopped raining here and looks a lot brighter today.

Robin - could you grow it? I have just chopped mine into portions and put it into the freezer to get out as I need it.

No, we tried and failed. The climate just isn't right here. It grew like weeds (with no help) in my parents' garden and I used to sneak some (sometimes more than once a day) and dip it in sugar as I munched. And rhubard crumble. *sigh*

Thanks Jo, there's a Picard in the town centre nearest our village, will ask husband to pop in on the way home from work (bet he says no!)

(if he wants any dinner - ever again - he'll go!!)

Well, today is going to be a real test of my willpower; I have made a toffee apple cheesecake because we have people coming over for a barbecue. It looks fantastic - but I WILL resist it!

The barbecue shouldn't be too bad - I'll make sure there's lots of lean meat and I don't usually eat a lot of bread at a barbecue so that should be ok. Also I am on a PV day, so I can have some salad. I have some courgette slices in the dehydrator so I can dip them in some pate and I suppose I could make a tzatsiki style dip to go with them too. I think I find it easier to resist a big fat desert than I find it to resist nibbly dips and things. I am also going to make a marinade for my chicken kebabs using diet coke and spices; it is a waitrose recipe, but I am going to omit the honey (replace with some sweetener perhaps) and the butter!! Watch this space!

(if he wants any dinner - ever again - he'll go!!)

That won't work, he's a better cook than me (did his first year chef apprenticeship and gave up because the cleaning stuff while scrubbing the kitchen at the end of the day played havoc with his skin) and does about half the cooking. That ploy won't work.

I'll go myself when the kids are back at school. After the supermarket nightmare of this morning, I will never take all 3 shopping again:(.

I LOVE rhubarb crumble - perhaps that should be my next experiment! I wonder, can we use butterbuds?
Butter Buds - What are Butter Buds?
Does anyone know?

Very interesting to me, not doing Dukan strictly, but when googling it I see it's derived from "corn", which isn't allowed on the diet, so alas no they wouldn't be...

So if you have any, send them to me (please!)

What are the ingredients in Butter Buds?
Butter Buds contains maltodextrin (a natural carbohydrate derived from corn), natural butter flavor (extracted from the butter oils and then dried to a powder-like form), salt, dehydrated butter, guar gum and baking soda.

You're very sweet but I was kidding... thank you though!!! You'll need them soon enough and, if you're not having other tolerated foods, I'm sure one would sneak through unnoticed!

You're very sweet but I was kidding... thank you though!!! You'll need them soon enough and, if you're not having other tolerated foods, I'm sure one would sneak through unnoticed!

I have a big tub half full so I really am happy to send you some to try. They will probably be out of date by the time I need them:)

wow that's really kind! I'll PM you!

WFH?

aaaah yes! obvious when you know! haaaaa! (I did try to guess!!)

Well I think the barbecue went ok; I managed to steer clear of the cheesecake and had a small piece of steak some pork (I know the jury is out on that one) and some salad. I felt too geed up by last weeks loss to throw it all away on a few bread rolls and sausages.

Whilst shopping I saw a new (to me) flavour of Philly - sweet chilli, but it is only light so I suspect I can't have it. It is 3.2 g fat. I may try it anyway, as I only have 30g per day. It did however remind me of when we were on holiday in Florida this summer; over there they sold strawberry flavoured philly; it was pink but tasted a little like cheesecake - it would have been delicious on digestives, but I think it might have full fat and I've not seen it over here:(

Strawberry flavoured philly... hmm... can't say I'm intrigued there but I'm so not a cheese person. I remember once being addicted to Sara Lee frozen strawberry cheesecakes. I'd take them out of their box still frozen, remove and throw away the nasty synthetic strawberry topping, and let the rest defrost. Delicious!!

mmm Jo i used to do that with the weight watchers ones.

I love cheesecake... but couldn't find the WW ones last time I was in England (scoured Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury's locally...). Any idea where one finds them?

Did you see about your cocoa Vicky? See thread "official site" something or other... I seriously think you should put your tub of 11% cocoa up for highest bidder on ebay...

Back