M-Mouse's Droppings

Interesting idea...

I do have a cheesecake recipe but it contains six eggs so I've made it!

For weekend treats, I used to make a yoghurt cake...
two fat free fruit flavoured yoghurt (in the Muller Lite I s'pose in UK - if using vanilla, you could add instant coffee),
one egg (separated)
one tablespoon cornflour (tolerated)

Preheat oven to 150°C. Separate egg. Mix other ingredients together. Whisk egg white firmly, incorporate, into other ingredients and into oven quickly before you lose your air... About 20 mins... or until top colours.

It'll rise... it'll collapse when you take it out of oven... BUT you can slice it... and I quite liked it!

Mmm I like the sound of that.

error in previous message... I've NOT made the six egg cheesecake!

error in previous message... I've NOT made the six egg cheesecake!

Probably just as well - don't think I could make it as I would scoff the lot in one go! - and I have found in the past that these claims of being able to eat as much as you like e.g. S World, really don't hold true for me!

Have booked a luxury pedicure as a treat for saturday - should be good. Have also decided to book myself in for a massage when I have lost my first stone - something to look forward to and I'm not too bothered about it as I have been before - and I'm sure they've seen worse :) Somehow exposing your body a bit at a time never seems so bad when you are swathed in towels!

Somehow exposing your body a bit at a time never seems so bad when you are swathed in towels!

Are you sure they don't just WHIP the towels off once you're lying on your tum? (or is that just over here, haaaaaa!) I can still remember looking desperately for a robe first time I had a gynae check up over here. Nope!

Are you sure they don't just WHIP the towels off once you're lying on your tum? (or is that just over here, haaaaaa!) I can still remember looking desperately for a robe first time I had a gynae check up over here. Nope!

nah - had one a couple of weeks ago and it is all very discreet:eek: I did have one once where first of all she started on my tummy - <squirm> and then on my boobs - didn't go there again:(

ooooh no!! I won't roll over!! haaaa! (at least the "other way up", my blushes are for the pillow!)

:)

Goodnight everyone - think I had a good day again - apart from eating too much sf jelly - but at least that was an innocent mistake rather than a deliberate one! Just finishing work and lunches to make for tomorrow - boy I would love to be taking a cheese sandwich! - but I am feeling quite excited about my salad tomorrow :)

The kids had Ben & Jerries tonight - but I resisted.

Resisting B&Js when it's not hot is easy peasy... in the heat, however, more awkward for me... Just can't have it in the house!

Another good day; ending with the rhubarb I have been dreaming about for days, stirred into greek yoghurt. I made another variation on my oatcake thing this evening; mixed my oatbran and wheatbran with an egg (none of the rest of the stuff in the galette) then spread into my trusty silicon sponge case and baked. It came out nice - a bit like an oat cake; I left to cool and then spread with L cow extra light and it felt as though I was eating a biscuit. I am wondering, if I put in some sweetener, whether it would taste a little like a digestive biscuit? I will try tomorrow.

I'm going to try that too. I'm not a biscuit person but I love digestives. Yum.

Oh, I'd love some rhubarb too (can't get it here, it's only available 'up north':cry:).

Damn I forgot I was going to try and make a digestive - I ended up making a savoury job again and smother ing in smoked mackerel pate - I find this use of the oatbran a lot more palatable than a gallette as it is more biscuit-like.

Saturday

B - oatbran biscuit type thing with smoked mackerel pate
L - chicken (I have cooked 2 this morning as the best before date is today!!)
D - Tuna chicken and herb bake
2 * mullers

My Daughter wants to cook Thai tonight and is currently rooting through my cookery books - yet another thing to resist! Perhaps I can talk her into making some kind of driendly (my new word for Dukan friendly) chicken starter.

At least it has stopped raining here and looks a lot brighter today.

Robin - could you grow it? I have just chopped mine into portions and put it into the freezer to get out as I need it.

Last edited:
Monday WI -3 lbs - I'm sure it is thanks to the help I have had here tweaking things so that I am doing things more 'legally' - so thanks everyone.

Monday - PV

B - yoghurt
L - chicken & mange tout
D - Rhubarb 'cheesecake'
barbecue - so chicken kebabs, salad
smoked mackerel dip with courgette chips
perhaps a piece of steak

Last edited:
Robin - do you have access to a Picard? They sell it!

Mouse - great weigh in! Your menus look very adventurous!

Robin - do you have access to a Picard? They sell it!

Mouse - great weigh in! Your menus look very adventurous!

Thank you - I am really chuffed; just a pound away from my first stone.

I have always been a bit adventurous in the kitchen - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My family are used it it now:)

I am finding the oatbran really good to work with and the philly extra light is handy too. I also have quite a vivid imagination:eek:

Last edited:
I often say that I think a vivid imagination IS required for this diet (to be able to imagine that whatever dessert you're eating is what it's supposed to be!!!!!)...

Keep your recipes coming! In the menu thread if you can!

I often say that I think a vivid imagination IS required for this diet (to be able to imagine that whatever dessert you're eating is what it's supposed to be!!!!!)...

Keep your recipes coming! In the menu thread if you can!

I will post some now - although sometimes they are a bit vague and I worry people may think they are a bit mad!!

Back