M-Mouse's Droppings

If it's cake and it's big, I'm there!!

I have already eaten by dukan cake for the day and wish I could eat it again!

dukan cake being made for dylan later im going to try to be good lol

Why can't you have cake, Tan?

Very quiet in this diary (booo hisss!)... I made a two day mouse victoria sandwich cake, baked it in a smaller square silicon mould, and my "cake" had a good height to it... (is no easier to avoid swallowing in one go though ;)).

How's Mousey?

Mousy is fine thanks, but had a bad day yesterday - a bit of the old habits!

It started with the hotel breakfast; I had 2 sausages (plus egg, bacon and mushrooms), telling myself it was an Atkins breakfast - ignoring the fact that on Atkins you are only meant to have low carb sausages. They tasted quite carby! (I wish I'd had buttered toast now as well!)

Then when we stopped off at the Thorntons coffee shop I had water and a coffee and DD had a drink so we got three chocolates on a plate 2 1/2 chocs down the neck in the blink of an eye (thinking that I had blown it for the day by eating the sausages). The first chocolate in months!

Then (there's more) 3 chocolates from OH box of chocolates, plus a big chunk of cheese.

Then, out in the evening for Father's Day; chicken and cashew nuts, but no rice.

Why do I have this mentality that once I have gone wrong I might as well continue in that vein for the rest of the day?

Result this morning - +6lbs on last WI Saturday morning!! I am hoping that most of it is water!! This why I don't cheat as I have no control once I start! Goodness knows how I will ever do conso!

However firmly back in the saddle today. I felt awful after eating the chocolate (I know for sure that I have a glucose intolerance).

Isn't it unfair to gain so much weight for so comparatively little food! I do feel for you BUT your conclusion is spot on. You've regained a lot of water, and that'll disappear quickly (I reckon I lose in four or five times even the time I regain - most unfair).

I smiled at your might as well have had some buttered toast - most of us here would have had the exact same thought, I'm sure. (Some of us - ahem - might even have gone back and made that wish come true... ;)).

If I were to look into my crystal ball, I'd predict a CHICKEN day today... lots of lovely CHICKEN for Mousey!

I'll be checking email sporadically over my five day break (Thurs to Mon inc.) so feel free to shout loudly if things get tough! And EAT lots of Dukan food if you get the munchies now :D

My sympathies mouse, i did the same really on thursday & friday - knew i wouldn't have the energy to get 'dukanised' on thursday after an overnight flight so decided to stay off the diet (with added oatbran) for thursday and friday with a proper restart at the weekend. am quite sure that those 2 days added a hefty portion to my gain, though like you said it seems to be melting off.

glad you're back in the saddle - chin up and chicken on! :D

As Jo says, that weight gain may well include quite a bit of water. Hopefully, it'll wear off quite quickly.

I have a tendency to think the same way, that I might as well continue to gorge myself once I've slipped up. However, I've managed to avoid that during Conso (for the most part - there was a box of chocs incident :eek: ).

In my experience, the fact that I know I can have a gala meal (even better, 2 during phase 2) helps to stop me from going on a mad binge. Fingers crossed that you might find Conso a lot easier than you think when it's your time to move onto it. So try not to worry too much. :)

Thanks guys - back to 11.4 this morning - phew! I can see how you wouldn't want to weigh as often when in conso!

Thanks guys - back to 11.4 this morning - phew! I can see how you wouldn't want to weigh as often when in conso!

Excellent! Back on target and back on track. :D

Weighing in after carb and gala days would be truly masochistic. I don't even want to imagine it - truly the stuff of nightmares, as you have just found out. :eek:;)

ok I need to see what my friends are up to when I finally get chance to click here!! Mousey?

Hi Jo, I'm fine, just been busy with work:(

Really looking forward to our French trip!

I hope you've been having a lovely time with your family.

Weight wise - the same so that's good. Got another dietician appointment next week so may go armed with a list of questions!

Busy week at work, getting prepared for hols 3 weeks Saturday. Still undecided about maybe going to conso before the hols to get into it, or carrying on struggling to lose a bit more. Maybe my body really is happy this size - I would just like to have my BMI under 25 and my fat % lower!!!!! I just don't know. It kind of feels easier just hanging around on cruise and I don't think the holiday will be a problem apart from the fact that I know I will skip meals if I can't find anything suitable to eat, rather than go off on one - and I'm not sure that's too good for me. I have a dietician appointment on Monday so maybe I will talk to her about it. Anyone else got any questions for her:D

The kitten stayed out all night last night - naughty boy - I was really worried we had lost another one, but he came in very quickly when I called him this morning!

These summer nights are irresistibly enticing to cats. I'm so glad that he was okay - probably ready for his breakfast!

You could always just do a temporary Conso whilst on holiday, Mouse, if you still feel you want to continue on Cruise for the time being.

Back